Post-Game Talk: Hawks Squeak Out a Win in a SO, 2-1 Hawks

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Have to play 4 D a lot of minutes now to keep Ference and whoever the #6 is off the ice as much as possible. Going to be wearing guys down the rest of the year.
Hey, you are forgetting that we got a top 4 defenceman coming back from injury.:sarcasm:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So Lander might be back for Sunday...

Which means the wagon line will be back. Horray! They were together a few times this game and it was magic all over again. It's shame we have to split them up just because Hendricks is good at faceoffs.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
That was a great game to watch. Just great hockey back and forth.

We went into Chicago and got a point. Scrivens might just be a #1 after all.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
So Oilers had 41 shot attempts with Klefbom on the ice? My god.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
So Oilers had 41 shot attempts with Klefbom on the ice? My god.

Guy is a stud, They often just dominate when he is on. He still has a ways to go, but, his future is looking bright

Nuge also had a great game. When the guy gets moving with the puck, it can be on a string.

Jun 9, 2011
We did very well tonight. Too bad for the loss as I really want Nelson to have a great record. He can put it on his resume.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm fine with Scrivens as our #2 next season, not as a #1. We can't afford to just hope that he becomes a 60 game above average NHL starter next season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Guy is a stud, They often just dominate when he is on. He still has a ways to go, but, his future is looking bright

Nuge also had a great game. When the guy gets moving with the puck, it can be on a string.

RNH had flashes and a good game but I wouldn't say that he had a great game. Klefbom is coming around nicely, he's showing so much more offensive ability than Marincin that it's ridiculous. What a shame that MM hasn't translated his offense to the NHL level.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm fine with Scrivens as our #2 next season, not as a #1. We can't afford to just hope that he becomes a 60 game above average NHL starter next season.

or at the very least we can of course get someone else and if Scrivens is capable to be #1 then he will take the job away. Ramo is kind of doing that for Calgary, rewriting the narrative a bit, but having two strong goalies means they are always pushing each other.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
ElysiumAB
Originally Posted by Tw0Shoes
you could have
poo rnh ebe
purcell roy yak
hall lander drai
I tried to read this three times thinking it was a poem before I realized it was a lineup.

This made my night ElysiumAB! Hilarious :)

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Wow, was that a fun game to watch. Back and forth. A ton of 10 bell chances at both ends. Scrivens was great. So was Crawford.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

I agree and disagree, I just think it comes down to your options. Mac T needs to get a another goalie, the quesiton is can he get a legit #1? or does he just get another guy to compete with Scrivens. I just don't see many number 1s out there.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Ya, thats basically it. We could use a bona fide #1, but who?

Imo, this is a good year to trade for one as opposed to signing one.

BERNIER!

I'm a fan of his game, and like Scrivens I think he plays the right type of style for our club. He's the real deal. We should overpay for him. It would be like when Colorado ponied up big for Varlamov. A lot of people laughed at them for it at the time.

If not him, maybe Lehner or Anderson is available out of Ottawa with the rise of Hammond the Hamburglar.

There's got to be someone out there.

edit: I watched part of that Ottawa game, and there was an interview with Anderson and he did not seem happy with his situation in Ottawa. I'm not a huge fan of Anderson though.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Imo, this is a good year to trade for one as opposed to signing one.

BERNIER!

I'm a fan of his game, and like Scrivens I think he plays the right type of style for our club. He's the real deal. We should overpay for him. It would be like when Colorado ponied up big for Varlamov. A lot of people laughed at them for it at the time.

If not him, maybe Lehner or Anderson is available out of Ottawa with the rise of Hammond the Hamburglar.

There's got to be someone out there.

I agree, I would take Bernier in a heart beat. Can't imagine TO woudl be dumb enough to deal him though. Lehner would be great, Anderson out of Anaheim would be solid to.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I agree, I would take Bernier in a heart beat. Can't imagine TO woudl be dumb enough to deal him though. Lehner would be great, Anderson out of Anaheim would be solid to.

Bernier might be available just because Toronto is starting a long term rebuild so it seems like an odd time to invest long term in a guy like that, and it also seems like Bernier would want to be moved out of that situation. The terrible team around him is lowering his value as we speak, and staying there will only damage his career.

We can also give them some good rebuild assets. In that thread on the main boards a lot of Leaf fans loved a Pitts 1st + Marincin idea, not that I'm proposing that here but even if we have to pay a bit more than that I think it's worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad