GDT: Hawks @ Mild 10/1/24 CHSN (Same time new channel) Do it for lou!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Been saying it since the end of last season. Reichel doesn’t have it. He doesn’t know how to make plays. Simple as that. Nazar will fill that vacancy though, fret not. Reichel won’t cut it as a top 9 forward and will be off the team when his contract is up.

Prospects are by and large overrated, guys. Many of you have way too much interest in them IMHO. The success rate is way too low across the board. Best you can do is suck enough and hope you’re high picks pan out and a few of your later round picks over the course of a rebuild become more than what their draft position projects them to be.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Reichel's likely remaining value is as a reclamation project, for other teams that believe in their development group enough.

We should probably look for a trade soon or max at the TDL to extract another struggling prospect that fits our style better.

Maybe Boucher from Ottawa?

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Ah, it’s like every summer I forget how ridiculously reactive this board is. KK made a bad decision, recovered well enough only to have Reichel bat the puck in the net and all of a sudden he might struggle in the AHL.
Was going to say behold the dichotomy of the Chicago superfan

Edmonton is missing a top 4 RD. Murphy seems like a likely target for them at the deadline.

And before everyone goes nuts about Murphy being bad. 1. That has never stopped Stan from getting what he wants 2. There will be very few top 4 RD available at the deadline as always.
Murphy every year and every season is a target for some team but they never budge or rather it never happens

Think the reality is he’s not well valued as a top 4 d in the league, which is saying something atrocious as a right hander. He is a very strong athlete as well physically and not to mention leader or positive influence in the locker room.

It’s just too bad he’s sucks. He checks all the other boxes. The Stan Bowman special 🥰

You’re right they belong together

Last edited:

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
T
Okay maybe I’m stupid. Can someone explain to me what the Hawks defensive system is?

Like I absolutely refuse to believe that every player is so bad that they just let every Wild player streak down the middle untouched, or are left in front of the net alone and untouched.
They play a puck watching game, similar to a Pee Wee team.

Reactions: Pez68

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
I have Xfinity so I couldn't see the game but I saw the highlights on YouTube this morning. After the first goal the Hawks scored, they never even had the puck in the 9 minute highlight video and I'm so tired of them having 7 shots on goal with 6 minutes left in the 2nd period.

I know it's the preseason and just one game. But they had most of their NHL lineup in, the Wild are a fringe playoff team, and it wasn't the 2nd night of a back to back. I love the idea of Luke Richardson and he seems like a nice guy but 2 or 3 more of these games in the regular season and I'm likely out on him.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I watched the game this morning and that may have been the worst hockey game I have ever watched in my life. It felt like Wild had a 5 on 3 all game long. AWFUL defense all around. I get it preseason but it's an opportunity to get better and improve not mail it in. I would never imagined the best player on the ice for the Blackhawks would be the goalie who let in 7 but did he even have a chance on any of those? He was on an island by himself. He should ask to be sent to Rockford after that effort in front of him. Wow that was bad team effort. Unacceptable.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Haven’t watched any preseason. How’s Korchinski looked?
First 18 minutes of the first period were some of the best pro hockey I've seen him play. Then he made a soft play turned it over and it ended up in their net with some help from Reichel. It went off the rails after that. Pretty bad.

I thought he's had a decent pre-season in general though. Unclear to me if he is making the roster or not.

Reactions: hawksrule

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Lol it's preseason, on the road, with an AHL goalie, and half of a team that shouldn't be NHLers. Such a disaster.
Sub in Mrazek for Commesso, throw in TT, and they still get blown out. They were outshot 2 to 1 and Minny controlled play. Without Boldy. 4 games in without sniff of win. 59, 73, 14 non factors. Pretty much call that a disaster.
Will finish bottom 5. All good.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Sub in Mrazek for Commesso, throw in TT, and they still get blown out. They were outshot 2 to 1 and Minny controlled play. Without Boldy. 4 games in without sniff of win. 59, 73, 14 non factors. Pretty much call that a disaster.
Mrazek and Commesso in the same net at the same time and they would have still got blow out last night.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Definitely, they'll get blown out a lot this season, because the team sucks. I hardly call it a disaster, Im not sure what people were expecting.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
0-4 record in the pre-season.
Outscored 6 to 16.
Outshot 93 to 137.

I know it's just preseason, but I was hoping to see something from all the young guys to have a little more optimism going into the season.

I just don't see it yet and I think it's because it's on the coaching. New set of players, but everything looks the same so far.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Definitely, they'll get blown out a lot this season, because the team sucks. I hardly call it a disaster, Im not sure what people were expecting.

I think it's pretty clear those who have reasonable takes want to see year to year progress. They still are constantly chasing the puck and rarely making the other team's goalie work. One of the more organized plays last night was near the end of the game between two veteran players yet no one noticed it. I think it was Foligno had the puck on the right side just below the faceoff circle, found Maroon who was near the front of the net, Maroon flipped it at the goalie which led to a scramble for the puck in the slot. Just a sneaky good play to cause chaos, yet everyone else seems to be good with taking a lap around the offensive zone, throwing a grenade somewhere and retreating since the other team now has the puck for the next two minutes. Fans want to see a bit more compete than getting outshot 3-1 with a similar ratio of offensive zone time.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Pez68

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
LuRich more than likely isn't the guy to help the team make the jump.

I was hoping he'd be the guy to get us from point A to point B, as in bottom of the rebuild to maybe a .500 team over a few years.

Then let another coach come get us from point B to point C as in a .500 team to a contender.

But he's just awful.

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I think it's pretty clear those who have reasonable takes want to see year to year progress. They still are constantly chasing the puck and rarely making the other team's goalie work. One of the more organized plays last night was near the end of the game between two veteran players yet no one noticed it. I think it was Foligno had the puck on the right side just below the faceoff circle, found Maroon who was near the front of the net, Maroon flipped it at the goalie which led to a scramble for the puck in the slot. Just a sneaky good play to cause chaos, yet everyone else seems to be good with taking a lap around the offensive zone, throwing a grenade somewhere and retreating since the other team now has the puck for the next two minutes. Fans want to see a bit more compete than getting outshot 3-1 with a similar ratio of offensive zone time.
Gonna have to wait till we get good players on the team to see that. These new players also need time to adjust to playing with players they have never played with, in a system they've never played.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Gonna have to wait till we get good players on the team to see that. These new players also need time to adjust to playing with players they have never played with, in a system they've never played.
These guys have played at the highest levels of the sport their entire lives. What systems do you think NHL teams are running that everyone else isn't? Hockey isn't that complicated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad