Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
This is bad...you don’t trade Matthews for someone 30+

If Toronto did this it would be

Dach + boqvist + higher salary player

Bobby Terrance

Jul 21, 2018
The Hawks would easily say no to this.

Matthews is a stud, but a rebuilding team about to struggle doesn’t move a 1st and their own stud D. IF (since that’s the word of the thread) the Hawks moved their elite W in his prime, it wouldn’t be for 4 years of Matthews while they struggle.

Hopefully that makes sense.
I'm wondering why you aren't a gm?
You seem brilliant

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
The Hawks would easily say no to this.

Matthews is a stud, but a rebuilding team about to struggle doesn’t move a 1st and their own stud D. IF (since that’s the word of the thread) the Hawks moved their elite W in his prime, it wouldn’t be for 4 years of Matthews while they struggle.

Hopefully that makes sense.

The first is top 3 protected, and Matthews is assuredly better than any player you're like to get at #4 and on.

There's a world where this deal is made that Chicago walks out with a prime franchise #1C with annual Richard potential and a prospect of the Lafreniere/Byfield/Stutzle calibre. If you're Chicago you're absolutely laughing. That would be the best jump started rebuild coup of the last 20 years.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Hawks get bent over here

No thanks

Yikes.

It's fantastic how non-Leaf fans make brutal trade offers where the Leafs get taken to the cleaners, and then when the reasonable Leaf fans come in to say no, they are "typical Leaf fans overvaluing everything".

Mind you , every trade return the Leafs get is SHOCKING to those same non-fans.

Here's the schtick. Been like that since day 1.

Player A - (non-Leaf) - value = A*10 = HF value
Player B - (Leafs) - value = B/10 = HF value.

Rinse, repeat.

Yup, I'm sorry the mainboards are a joke on Leaf related material. Imagine how fast this would get locked if it was for MacKinnon. Hawks say no? Give me a f***ing break.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Rofl let's trade our 23 year old franchise centre for a 31 year old winger. Not to mention the Leafs go all-in and get a bunch of their value back in a draft pick?

Completely and utterly ridiculous.

I guess 8 years in TOR is long enough to classify as this.
Do you think he stays when he's a free agent though?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
You know what’s even more impressive, Matthews has scored more goals than McDavid and Draisaitl since entering the NHL. More than MacKinnon too.

#beast
What about the last 2 seasons, seems like that makes sense since the most recent seasons are the most applicable currently? No?
Bad news, Draisaitl's got him beat in goals there, Draisaitl's got 9 more. If you include 3 seasons they're tied. In that same window Matthews/Draisaitl only have 2 more goals than McDavid.

But lets not be short sighted and pathetically biased here, lets look at some point/assist totals as well.

Over the last 2 years Draisaitl is #1 in points with McDavid #2, Matthews barely squeaks into the top 20 at #19. Since Matthews has entered the league McDavid is #1 and Draisaitl is #3, while Auston lowers to 20th.

Alright if we REALLY want to look at some interesting stats: Since Matthews has entered the league, McDavid is #1 in assists and Draisaitl is #7. I had to go to the 2nd page to find Matthews who is 80th. Ouch.

RECAP:

McDavid resume:
Top 10 point finishes- 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd
Top 10 goal finishes- 6th, 6th, 10th
Hart
Lindsay [x2]
Art Ross [x2]

Draisaitl resume:
Top 10 point finishes- 1st, 4th, 8th
Top 10 goal finishes- 2nd, 4th
Hart
Lindsay
Art Ross

Matthews resume:
Top 10 point finishes- 9th
Top 10 goal finishes- 2nd, 3rd

I'm very excited for you to ignore all of this information and move the goalposts.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
This is bad...you don’t trade Matthews for someone 30+

If Toronto did this it would be

Dach + boqvist + higher salary player
Even then I don't do it tbh, we only trade Matthews for some out of this world ridiculous package or a better player (Mackinnon, McDavid).

Neither of those two scenarios will happen so Matthews won't be traded

Mar 26, 2010
What about the last 2 seasons
We get it. You hate Matthews and Toronto. Everyone on the board knows you for that.

Fact is, Matthews has scored more goals than McDavid and Draisaitl since he entered the NHL. No other way to dice it. I am not talking about any other stats right now. They are irrelevant. I could not care less what Draisaitl did last season.

You do realize McDavid was born and raised in Toronto. His family are massive Leafs fans, and Connor himself grew up a Leafs fan! He spends all of this off-season’s at home here in T.O. I am willing to bet he comes home when he is a UFA. Book it.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
What about the last 2 seasons, seems like that makes sense since the most recent seasons are the most applicable currently? No?
Bad news, Draisaitl's got him beat in goals there, Draisaitl's got 9 more. If you include 3 seasons they're tied. In that same window Matthews/Draisaitl only have 2 more goals than McDavid.

But lets not be short sighted and pathetically biased here, lets look at some point/assist totals as well.

Over the last 2 years Draisaitl is #1 in points with McDavid #2, Matthews barely squeaks into the top 20 at #19. Since Matthews has entered the league McDavid is #1 and Draisaitl is #3, while Auston lowers to 20th.

Alright if we REALLY want to look at some interesting stats: Since Matthews has entered the league, McDavid is #1 in assists and Draisaitl is #7. I had to go to the 2nd page to find Matthews who is 80th. Ouch.

RECAP:

McDavid resume:
Top 10 point finishes- 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd
Top 10 goal finishes- 6th, 6th, 10th
Hart
Lindsay [x2]
Art Ross [x2]

Draisaitl resume:
Top 10 point finishes- 1st, 4th, 8th
Top 10 goal finishes- 2nd, 4th
Hart
Lindsay
Art Ross

Matthews resume:
Top 10 point finishes- 9th
Top 10 goal finishes- 2nd, 3rd

I'm very excited for you to ignore all of this information and move the goalposts.

He made a simple statement that wasn't incorrect Matthews has scored more goals, no other context was added YOU are the one who moved goalposts adding all this context to make sure Matthews is shit on..
Why you felt the need to go on this diatribe that means nothing I don't know. We know on HF Boards every center >>>>>>>>> Matthews and Leaf fans should accept he sucks and will leave so everyone can laugh.

I swear the small peen insecurity of people here that they have to crap on Matthews every time his name comes up is so pathetic and sad

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
We get it. You hate Matthews and Toronto. Everyone on the board knows you for that.

Fact is, Matthews has scored more goals than McDavid and Draisaitl since he entered the NHL. No other way to dice it. I am not talking about any other stats right now. They are irrelevant. I could not care less what Draisaitl did last season.

You do realize McDavid was born and raised in Toronto. His family are massive Leafs fans, and Connor himself grew up a Leafs fan! He spends all of this off-season’s at home here in T.O. I am willing to bet he comes home when he is a UFA. Book it.
Sure buddy.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
As a Leafs fan, I think I've actively thought about the Florida Panthers about 3 times in the past calendar year, what the hell are you so salty and antagonistic about
Something something MacKenzie Weegar something something

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
As a Leafs fan, I think I've actively thought about the Florida Panthers about 3 times in the past calendar year, what the hell are you so salty and antagonistic about

None of your business, I wasn't talking to you.

Of course I think he’s going to stay. He will be given a blank check and is worshiped like a god in the biggest hockey market in the world.

He wanted an eight year deal. www.thestar.com/amp/sports/leafs/2019/02/05/auston-matthews-agrees-to-five-year-extension-with-maple-leafs.html

I disagree, he can say that all he wants but don't think he stays if you guys can't get past the 1st round and beyond.
I'd say McDavid to TOR when he's 30 and a free agent is more likely though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad