GDT: Hawks @ Knights at 5pm CT on NBCSCH - Sphere We Go Again

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Well S.Jones had to be goid because with Vladic out early in 2nd period,Hawkschad to pkayv5D only..Seth on a lotvofvice-tine..He had to be let us say better than normal because Murphywas sh*t again..SO easily pantsed...slow and nit verycagike..

Still if S Jones did all that extra service he still has a lousy shot that either misses the net a lot or gets easily blocked... or if it does get through,almost never beats a goalie.. He does not have a $9.5 shot..

Hevisxalsova very average paper inqb'i g a pp..

Abd drfdnsiveky despite beibgvgos mistvifvthiscgane he did makec1 big golf when he left position and went to help get puck out and cleared fron a scrum up at tge pointon tge boards ..Matiralkyvthus back-fired as Vegasxstill win the puck batyke kept it in and fed a completely open man standing justified ourcnet ...If you are going to go help scrum at our left defensive point on the blueline ,you had better win thescrum and get that pick out.. he gambled and lost ..

$9.5 makes those gamblesxand kisescway too much for my liking.

.I thought Kaiserxand Tinordi pkayedctgeir best games ofvtgecseadon so far.
KK had somevgoidcandcdomebpoir moments.. but I did see more physical pkay from him this game.
Kurashev brought spark to thecBrdardvline..
Bedardchadxmomentsvibviouslyy with hiscgoal and drawing that OT penaltyvto Vegas..but also inIT he lazily quit and did not goafterxavkoise puck in the corner...did not matter because Kurashev scored a bit later anyway...butcstill you getcac4×3 you gottaxhustlecaftervooisevpucks not stand and watch.. I an sire LR will tell himaboitvthis..don't do that again.

But anyway folks...we survived Barfy..and his minus 2 contribution and pantserama show again tonight.
I couldn’t watch, what happened to Vlasic?

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
BSomething. Anything. Just show a little heart would be enough.
I like what KD has been doing with the team, but I hope the Hawks aren’t ”cost controlling” likable kid LR. Maybe these things will straighten themselves out after US Thanksgiving Day when many view the season as mostly “baked in” especially if a team is substantially off a playoff pace.

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
Well perhaps but it is time for Reichel to shit or get off the pot. He is playing chicken-shit hockey that just doesn't cut it at the NHL level. Many players have come and (quickly) gone playing that non confrontational style of perimeter hockey.
Not only is he playing bad, it is tough to see any potential of contributing at the NHL level.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
81.44 xGF% (1st on Blackhawks) - Connor Bedard @clydesdale line

Reichel was the highest rated player based on metrics last night (75% Corsi, 78.57% Fenwick, 15 SA/5 SF with him on the ice) You gonna tell me he was the best player?

If you're trying to tell me Bedard was the best player tonight (better than Foligno, Jones) based on xGF% then hey... I'll add you on the Jaeger/KBS list of metrics only posters. You do you.

Jarred Tinordi.. clearly our best defenseman last night. Analytics told me so.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Reichel was the highest rated player based on metrics last night (75% Corsi, 78.57% Fenwick, 15 SA/5 SF with him on the ice) You gonna tell me he was the best player?

If you're trying to tell me Bedard was the best player tonight (better than Foligno, Jones) based on xGF% then hey... I'll add you on the Jaeger/KBS list of metrics only posters. You do you.

Jarred Tinordi.. clearly our best defenseman last night. Analytics told me so.
Pretty sure I posted my thoughts without analytics and then posted the analytics to back up that I thought it was his best game of the year. Never said those charts are the entire story and that he was better than anyone else. Just talked about his complete game.

I’ve posted my thoughts on hockey analytics a few times.

As far as “doing me” and grouping me with other posters, LOL.

Last edited:

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Let’s see what Reichel, Bedard and Kurashev can do together. I guarantee Reichel will instantly get hot. But hey, the Hawks are on a sixty point pace. Why upset the apple cart if that’ll put the Hawks in the bottom five? I say when TH is healthy again ice these lines:

Reichel Bedard Kurashev
Hall Johnson Athanasiou
Foligno Donato Perry
Katchouk Dickinson Raddysh

Make better decisions with the puck, look for your shot, drive the net, win some puck battles ... for starters. Don't need great linemates for that.
So you admit that by line mate selection he isn’t being put into a situation to succeed?

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Am I the only one who thought Reichel and his line were good last night? It seemed to me they were generating good chances pretty regularly.
I only watched the last period and he looked suitably engaged.

The issue as I see it is really simple - the vets on the Hawks may be reliable enough to set the proper example for the youngsters, but they either aren’t at least league-average second line forwards anymore, or never were. After all, wasn’t Taylor Hall moved out of the top six last year when with the Bruins?

Reichel, although talented, isn’t in the generational category so its asking a lot of him to single-handedly drive scoring on his line. I’m pretty sure KD is well aware of these Issues and if his goal is another “challenging” season for the fans he has the right roster for the job. Just don’t be too hard on the kids for the unimpressive GF totals in the standings.

Reactions: Pez68

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Luke knows the game well enough that rookie Dmen make mistakes. He also knows that critisising his players in the media is not productive. Kaiser especially has made his share of mistakes but he has done more things well ... especially since he's playing on the right side. As for KK he has been better than I expected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad