Pre-Game Talk: Hawks @ Jets on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Just going ahead and starting this because I'm tired of thinking of that awful game the other night in Minnesota.

Big Question: Will Carcillo be in the lineup for this one, and/or should he?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Winnipeg has been on a bit of a crash lately, losing 4 straight and then losing in OT to Vancouver.

But they match up well against the Hawks this year.

Last time the Hawks go embarrassed in LA, they came out and torched the best team in the West (standings-wise, anyway).

I'm hoping for a similar response to the Minnesota game. Hopefully one they can carry forward.

Expecting a few line shake-ups too. Will be interested to see if it's Nordstrom or TT that sits for Carcillo.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Beginning of our first of two six games in ten day stretches to finish out the month. If we don't right the ship soon, would could very well find a lot of points slipping through our fingers over the span of the next several weeks.

Man Reay

Peanut Gallery
Oct 1, 2013
Big Chicago
Just going ahead and starting this because I'm tired of thinking of that awful game the other night in Minnesota.

Big Question: Will Carcillo be in the lineup for this one, and/or should he?

I'm thinking why not toss a Carbomb in the middle of this team? The way they looked Tuesday night, it can't hurt. Say what you will about Carcillo, but at least he brings a ton of energy to every game.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I'd love to see their record with him vs without him, maybe I'll try to pull that together at work. IIRC they were pretty bad when he was hurt earlier in the year.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The tonic that right's the Peg Ship....yes they can dive after their last breakdown on us...but glory,here we are again to pull them out of their funk...and to just 1 point behind us after this win coming by them on us..

You see...Country Club Q. ...our genius coach...has given them another practice day off yesterday...Let me see...first rewards them with the Vegas trip after woeful January...then after they reward him for that perk with that sticker in Minny, he follows with another reward of a day off again? What kind of insane coaching is this? Do they not need practice to re-gain focus and fix problems?If no practice is such a great idea,why ever practice at all? I would have punished their lurid efforts lately with a double long practice timeout bag-skating till these lazy bums understood what professionalism demands...instead they get more recess...Imagine any other coach of another team in a funk constantly rewarding his.players time off.like this!? Those coaches would get fired....but Country Club Q gets away with it...relying on the playoff flip switch he expects his guys will eventually resort to... but eventually that switch will not get turned on....because defying karma by rewarding failure should not get bailed out by a switch turned on after such a long delay....and because regarding season fans of the Hawks investing big bucks for tickets or investing lots of time watching the Hawks play,are getting robbed...because other teams compete hard more often...and the lazy Hawks keep taking way too many short-cuts way too.often. Does anyone really think these Hawks can rattle off 10 straight like STL? Does anyone think these Hawks will refuse to lose like Nashville?Apparently Q thinks giving failures more off time will achieve such equally amazing results as our 2 elite rivals in the division have shown..Now I am sure their coaches reward them with days off....difference is...they are winning and deserve time off....we are losing and to say we deserve anything but tougher practices more often till ourfat-cat.players understand what is required to compete
,to say we deserve more recess...is.insanity! Q is completely insane. Another acid test for the Q Country Club solution goes in this tilt with WIG...if.our guys respond with their A game best,then maybe we.must embrace 's strange coaching psychology...But if it is another bad FAIL? Or even an ordinary mixed-bag loss where some players show and others do not,or even a mixed-bag win...the Q doubters will have plenty more to rant about.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
The Hawks better have their legs and also have their lids cinched tight because it will be a barn burner.

Jets need a win, think they have the Hawks number and the Hawks need a win to shake things off. One period then wilting like last time won't cut it.

Should be a good one to watch.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
caracole should be in the lineup

carcillo-jt-saad
sharp-tt-kane
bickell-richards-hossa
shaw-kruger-smith

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm thinking why not toss a Carbomb in the middle of this team? The way they looked Tuesday night, it can't hurt. Say what you will about Carcillo, but at least he brings a ton of energy to every game.

... and one more effort like last time, add Danault and/or McNeill to the mix as well.

Strudel

Dec 6, 2014
Wisconsin
22-9 with Carcillo

6-7 w/o Carcillo

(up to the suspension)

Woah. If Carcillo plays this game and we win, or even look good. Then... I don't know man. Carcillo is obviously the missing piece for the cup.

On the flip side, if the Jets end up sweeping us this regular season, and we meet them in the playoffs, then obviously we will win. We swept the Kings last season, and look how that went. Science folks.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Carcillo should replace Nordstrom. Not that this change will magically solve much, but maybe Carcillo comes back aggressive and its gets others going. Someone needs to show energy.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I think this can go either way. On one hand, the completely pants-downer they gave the fans on Tuesday should ignite them.

On the other hand, Tuesday was supposed to be a bounce-ack game, which promised the stars but delivered the sewers.

Last edited:

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014

You're tired of thinking about the Wild game so you'd prefer to move on and talk about a team that the Hawks haven't beaten in three HOME games this year. On top of that, Chicago has to go to them during their biggest slump of the season. Hmmmmm....

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hawks are bad without Carcillo.
Leafs are horrible without Carlyle.

I'd caution about jumping from correlation to causation.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
You're tired of thinking about the Wild game so you'd prefer to move on and talk about a team that the Hawks haven't beaten in three HOME games this year. On top of that, Chicago has to go to them during their biggest slump of the season. Hmmmmm....

Yes, how horrible that we have to play the Jets while the Jets are slumping and embroiled in a ton of roster controversy related to Evander Kane possibly getting traded/being injured and having to move Buff back to forward.

Toughen up, people!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
No surprise Crow's starting. He was more than solid in the last game and he's got some rest.

I'm sure he'll also start on Sunday for a tough game in St. Louis and Raanta will get the (should be) easy game at home on Monday versus the Yotes.

A tad surprised that Carbomb's not on one of the lines, though.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Yes, how horrible that we have to play the Jets while the Jets are slumping and embroiled in a ton of roster controversy related to Evander Kane possibly getting traded/being injured and having to move Buff back to forward.

Toughen up, people!

I'm tough, but I'm not blind. The Hawks are playing like garbage and even when they were playing well they couldn't beat the Jets, at home. Those are facts, not fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad