Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
If they had bought out the 25% of Comcast Sportsnet that Comcast owned, would carriers have had to honor their prior commitments?
No, the contract ended 9/30. It's no different than when DirecTV loses ESPN and has to renegotiate, like what happened around Labor Day when college football started.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Comcast is the absolute worst. They renewed my home internet for me with a nice 72% increase since my 2 year contract expired and they can. I though no biggie, I'll call and complain and they'll put me into something in the general zip code (slightly higher) then I was. Nope...half a dozen phone calls with no one in this country where actual American English is the persons first language. Ended up eating a 35% increase despite the fact that brand new customers have the same package available for 20% less than I do as an existing customer. Would have switched on principle even for $1 a month less, but could not find any high speed options (which I am almost positive Comcast knows when they are offering options) but the only option when I researched was slow ass satelite. No sooner do I begrudging make my bed with Comcast as today Metronet is buring fiber optic in front of my house. Guess I'll have to find out how bad Comcast is going to screw me with a cancellation fee....I'm guess at half the rate for the same speed it will make sense to go to Metronet as soon as I can.

That said, anyone with a brain knew Comcast/NBC were never going to put a regional sports upstart on their lowest or mid tier price plans. They are going to entice the folks wanting the channel into a more expensive package while charging the same for the middle tier package that ultimately has less programing and the teams will be lucky if they net the same money they were from being in the mid tier package. Win win and probaly a third win if they pay the teams less (would not surprise me) for Comcast and the customers lose lose and likely the teams lose too. I am lucky to have a nice clear free signal off the antenna.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Just awful situation to deal with locally. Feel bad. The more you read the worse it gets
Gotcha. Thought you read something new.

I just went to VPN and ESPN+, so no biggie, but I will say... the game just cut out on me with like a minute and a half left last night, and it was pretty damn annoying. Just said "The current video cannot be played." or something along those lines, and wouldn't load back up again. No idea why.

• Wow
Reactions: ytsejam

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

I just went to VPN and ESPN+, so no biggie, but I will say... the game just cut out on me with like a minute and a half left last night, and it was pretty damn annoying. Just said "The current video cannot be played." or something along those lines, and wouldn't load back up again. No idea why.
ESPN app does have some issues here and there.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
In an ideal world, the dumbass Hawks will get the app out soon, and I'll just pay their $10/month fee for it or whatever. Imagine already having an app, and withholding games from your fans, just because you want the carriage deal with cable providers. The fans suffer for the organization's incompetence.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024

Maybe I'm lucky but ever since ESPN started providing the majority of NHL games, I can't think of more than 2-3 times where I've ever had an issue. It's been an amazing product for the cost, especially as an out of market Hawks fan.

I have probably watched 10-15 games per week on it the last 2-3 years... and yeah, virtually never have an issue with the feed via my LG or Samsung TVs.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

I had this same issue when I was doing VPN to watch the Cubs. You can usually get it to work, but it's inconsistent and just annoying to deal with.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad