Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
They knew they weren't renewing with NBC. Its not like they woke up overnight and said oh wow we need a network in 3 months. This has been talked about. I'm a software developer currently transitioning into that in between PM and Dev role. I know literally everything it takes to put something like this together. Its a 6-8 month thing AT BEST. Im not saying its easy, but you can sure as hell tell its rushed.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Maybe, maybe not. I grew up in NW Indiana and remember being able to get signal (OTA) from Chicago. I'm an hour south of the UC (live in Beecher) nowadays, and have gotten a ton of channels from the city the few times I've hooked up to rabbit ears.

I think the expectation for everyone in the Chicagoland area is that this channel will be available over the air, though that is certainly not the case.
A lot of people are going to be really disappointed. Again, antenna coverage is NOT RELIABLE, even if you are well within the tower range. Look at the randomness of the areas that will struggle heavily to get a reliable signal, even being 20-30 miles away:

Screenshot_20241001_183150_Edge.jpg

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
A lot of people are going to be really disappointed. Again, antenna coverage is NOT RELIABLE, even if you are well within the tower range. Look at the randomness of the areas that will struggle heavily to get a reliable signal, even being 20-30 miles away:

View attachment 911499
Also, I've found that its antenna based. I had way better luck with one antenna than another at my parents place. One antenna got nothing. Got one from home depot and it was money.

Reactions: Pez68

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Lots to scroll through. I’m confused. I have Comcast xfinity and live in western burbs. There’s no way to watch the hawks? What an absolute joke. Its 2024 for Christ’s sake

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The picture on ESPN+ is fantastic. So at least their Mickey Mouse operation hasn't impacted that.

Edit: Yes, it's blacked out. Yes, I'm using a VPN on my 4k Fire Stick.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
More Reinsdorf nepotism. Brooke Fletcher is a host on this new propaganda machine, I mean, sports network. Brooke Fletcher is the daughter of Scott Fletcher, former White Sox player. And also the sister-in-law of Gordan Beckham. :laugh:

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
More Reinsdorf nepotism. Brooke Fletcher is a host on this new propaganda machine, I mean, sports network. Brooke Fletcher is the daughter of Scott Fletcher, former White Sox player. And also the sister-in-law of Gordan Beckham. :laugh:

Gotta hand it to Jerry on one thing though

If you worked for him, he is very loyal to you for life

Always have job available for you and your family

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Ya'll bitching about antenna's, lol, how the f*** you guys watching the NFL? Cable? Dish? LOL.

Terrible launch day, sure, but I watch plenty of NCAA and NFL games OTA and absolutely love the feed. Bought an antenna 5 years ago for $45 on Amazon, installed it in the attic and attached it to the already ran coax cables throughout the house - 1 antenna feeding every room if needed.

I'm out of the Chicagoland area but looks like they're having multiple towers across different markets for CHSN.

• Chicago, IL: WJYS, 62.2 and 62.3
  • Rockford, IL: WSLN, 19.3 and 19.4
  • South Bend, IN: WNDU, 16.2 and 16.4
  • Milwaukee, WI: (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Grand Rapids, MI: (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Des Moines, IA: (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Champaign/Springfield, IL: (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Paducah, KY: (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Cedar Rapids/Davenport, IA: (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Peoria, IL: WHOI, (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Sioux City, IA: KMEG, (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Quincy, IL: WTJR, (Channel Number Coming Soon)
  • Indianapolis, IN: (Channel Number Coming Soon)
It's FREE. I don't give a f*** about the production or the scoreboard in the top left of the screen or if their website is shit. FREE hockey. Give us 1080 @ 60hz and STFU already.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Ad

Ad