Hawks, Bulls, & Sox new channel is Chicago Sports Network (CHSN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Where does Astound/RCN fall into this? My building has a contract with them so we have to pay for their cable + internet package

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Where does Astound/RCN fall into this? My building has a contract with them so we have to pay for their cable + internet package
I'm guessing they aren't even on the radar right now.

But look at the bright side. Being in the city, you should have no issues getting the game on antenna! Unless there's a huge building in your way. Or there are too many walls between you and Willis Tower. Or too many trees.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm guessing they aren't even on the radar right now.

But look at the bright side. Being in the city, you should have no issues getting the game on antenna! Unless there's a huge building in your way. Or there are too many walls between you and Willis Tower. Or too many trees.
iu

Thanks Jerry! I'm gonna home for a month with this newborn and was finally going to be able to watch some games regularly throughout the week. Guess not.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and Pez68

Crow

May 19, 2014
I think I might switch from YouTube tv to direct tv stream assuming it has the same channels as direct tv. It the only thing I watch and my girl probably won’t care as long as it has shitty reality shows on it.

Edit:
Going to at least try a 5 day free trial and pause my you tube tv on the 24th.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
The fact we are discussing TV antenna to watch a Hawk game in 2024 is embarrassing

People can spin all they want but this rollout is not a positive or being handled well. They had months to get shit done and have smooth process and here we are 6 months later with this mess

Neither Reinsdorf or Wirtz should be immune to being criticized for it

Also, there is still major questions about how quality will be on production/etc and still no answers about what happens if Bulls/Hawks games conflict (If there is no alternative channel option that is problem)
Got test footage of the In-Studio team;
Wayne.jpg

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
iu

Thanks Jerry! I'm gonna home for a month with this newborn and was finally going to be able to watch some games regularly throughout the week. Guess not.
It really is a total clusterf***. The absolute #1 priority for these assholes should have been locking up a streaming platform, so everyone CAN watch, if they want to pay for it.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think I might switch from YouTube tv to direct tv stream assuming it has the same channels as direct tv. It the only thing I watch and my girl probably won’t care as long as it has shitty reality shows on it.

Edit:
Going to at least try a 5 day free trial and pause my you tube tv on the 24th.
NBC Sports Chicago was a channel available on DirecTV stream, so I assume CHSN will also be available? I mean, unless DirecTV didn't agree to that when negotiating with CHSN.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
I mean, that's just great. For you. Who is citing anecdotes here, though? The site I linked literally gives you the signal strength for all the channels available OTA, in your location... It's not anecdotal. It's just pure science.

For instance...if you live in Yorkville, which really isn't that far outside of the traditional Chicago market, your chances of having a usable signal for channels 62.2 and 62.3 are slim to none.View attachment 907648

If you live in Dekalb....lol. OTA isn't an option for any channel. Elgin? Good luck. Naperville? Same. As is the case for Joliet, Plainfield, etc. And once you're outside the major Chicago metropolis? It's not an option at all.
Well Pez, I live in Streamwood and get both channels using a cheap digital antenna in my window.

Crow

May 19, 2014
NBC Sports Chicago was a channel available on DirecTV stream, so I assume CHSN will also be available? I mean, unless DirecTV didn't agree to that when negotiating with CHSN.
That what I’m hoping. I see little downside to a trial to figure it out. I guess I’ll have to go a few days with nothing but streaming platforms between my YouTube tv cancellation and the first broadcast of chsn. Do we know when chsn will start doing anything at all?

Reactions: Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
That what I’m hoping. I see little downside to a trial to figure it out. I guess I’ll have to go a few days with nothing but streaming platforms between my YouTube tv cancellation and the first broadcast of chsn. Do we know when chsn will start doing anything at all?
October 1st.

Reactions: Crow

Crow

May 19, 2014
DirecTV stream costs $110 ( $90 for the first 3 months) but will include TNT and NHL Network along with CHSN. It comes with DVR
About $40 more than what I was paying. Damn. I always wanted nhl network and that wasn’t an option for me with YouTube tv so I guess that’s ok.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
So, you're just going to pretend that Danny and Hawks aren't involved here? They are co-owners of this venture
Wirtz as well! If anyone should know better it should be him.

Opening day is still a few weeks away so the sky isn't falling yet, but I don't like this feeling that my local sports broadcasts are being handled cheaply and incompetently.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad