GDT: Hawks @ Blue Man Group: 7PM CT on NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Rooting for your team to lose is for losers who are accepting of a losing mentality which results in a culture of losing and continued losses. Disgusting.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Losing helps but all tank long I've not felt it's so significant. If they were near top 3 I'd be all gung ho but the change of 1% and the few draft spots later aren't as significant.

I wanted to see the Kings miss but that's unlikely now and the Blues missing out would be nice still

Reactions: Teemu

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Rooting for your team to lose is for losers who are accepting of a losing mentality which results in a culture of losing and continued losses. Disgusting.

Interesting... first of all, I doubt how fans want the game to go has any impact on the "culture" of the team.

Second of all, I think the last time the Hawks lost a lot and got high draft picks.. it worked out well in the end... because you draft winners. That's how sports work.

Reactions: DPHawk

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

The mentality and culture of losing was created by the Blackhawks, and regardless of what happens in these last 3 games, it's the badge of the 2017/18 Chicago Blackhawks. Nothing is changing that at this point.

For anyone to want to sacrifice possibly drafting Dahlin for 3 meaningless wins in the team's worst season in 12 years - well, I just don't understand that line of thinking.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Interesting... first of all, I doubt how fans want the game to go has any impact on the "culture" of the team.

Second of all, I think the last time the Hawks lost a lot and got high draft picks.. it worked out well in the end... because you draft winners. That's how sports work.
Maybe it's different in hockey, but there's a certain NFL team called the Browns which literally proves my point.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018

Tell that to Oilers fans.

:laugh:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
The mentality and culture of losing was created by the Blackhawks, and regardless of what happens in these last 3 games, it's the badge of the 2017/18 Chicago Blackhawks. Nothing is changing that at this point.

For anyone to want to sacrifice possibly drafting Dahlin for 3 meaningless wins in the team's worst season in 12 years - well, I just don't understand that line of thinking.

I'll never quite understand the people who hate on those that want the team to lose and get better picks. When winning does absolutely nothing to help your team, why would you want that? Like you said, a culture isn't created/destroyed by the outcome of a few meaningless games at the end of the season. I guess we could always be like the Bulls and settle for constant mediocrity. That's certainly the kind of culture I strive for :eyeroll:

Reactions: Sarava

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Actually look at it logically. This season is a wash, Crow got hurt and we have multiple players have down years. Want 3 losses to end the year so the team can get a BETTER pick which IMPROVES the team is the furthest think from having a loser's mentality. It is smart business. Short term losses for bigger long-term gains is smart business.

Take you fandom out of it and use logic. 1 losing season after a decade of dominance will not ruin the mentality of this team.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Maybe it's different in hockey, but there's a certain NFL team called the Browns which literally proves my point.

Yeah, being bad doesn't always work. But when the Hawks have pieces to work with, it makes sense to want to add more talent immediately. Winning right now will literally do nothing to help this organization. Winning a few meaningless games isn't going to make this season any better, and it's not going to shift the culture... but what it can do is hurt their future.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Actually look at it logically. This season is a wash, Crow got hurt and we have multiple players have down years. Want 3 losses to end the year so the team can get a BETTER pick which IMPROVES the team is the furthest think from having a loser's mentality. It is smart business. Short term losses for bigger long-term gains is smart business.

Take you fandom out of it and use logic. 1 losing season after a decade of dominance will not ruin the mentality of this team.

Not even the season. Fans wanted the Hawks to win earlier this year. But when you get to the point in the season where winning does literally nothing to help your team, it makes sense to want them to lose and get a better pick.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
I'll never quite understand the people who hate on those that want the team to lose and get better picks. When winning does absolutely nothing to help your team, why would you want that? Like you said, a culture isn't created/destroyed by the outcome of a few meaningless games at the end of the season. I guess we could always be like the Bulls and settle for constant mediocrity. That's certainly the kind of culture I strive for :eyeroll:
Did you want the Bears to lose out this season or last? Seriously? Did you see the whole team quit and get turned-over or was that just me? Honest question. But like I said, hockey could be different but the winners on that team, I would hope, would want to win.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
And I've said this before. I hate that professional sports sometimes puts us in the position to root against our teams. But that's the way the draft systems work. We can't control the system.

All I know is I want brighter days ahead for my teams, and picking 1st or 2nd instead of 11th will go a good way towards that goal.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com

Okay. But I'm still never going to be a losing loser.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Pointing out two of the worst run organizations in sports in comparison to a team that has won 3 cups in a decade is a brutal way to look at it. 9 winning seasons compared to 1 losing season makes the team a.....HINT: winning organization.

Reactions: DPHawk

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Did you want the Bears to lose out this season or last? Seriously? Did you see the whole team quit and get turned-over or was that just me? Honest question. But like I said, hockey could be different but the winners on that team, I would hope, would want to win.

I always enjoy watching the Bears lose.

As a Packers fan, I actually root for them to win some games when they're out of playoff contention... simply to hurt their draft stock.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Pointing out two of the worst run organizations in sports in comparison to a team that has won 3 cups in a decade is a brutal way to look at it. 9 winning seasons compared to 1 losing season makes the team a.....HINT: winning organization.
I said I GET IT. Jeesh! I didn't even know how many games were left and how tight it was to get the pick you guys want so badly to lose for! OKAY?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I said I GET IT. Jeesh! I didn't even know how many games were left and how tight it was to get the pick you guys want so badly to lose for! OKAY?

Fair enough but it might be worth it to look at the facts before making a stance and judging other poster's stance. No one here minus 1-2 posters want this team to have losing seasons but most get the big picture of this wash season.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

No one's talking about the players. The players aren't trying to lose. No one ever is thinking that nor should they. No one's asking the players on the ice to purposely suck. As fans, people are just hoping for losses in these last meaningful games because it benefits the team bigger picture going forward. In a perfect world, you want the players to do well but still wind up with one in the L column. Big picture, that helps the organization much more than any wins will these final games.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
No one's talking about the players. The players aren't trying to lose. No one ever is thinking that nor should they. No one's asking the players on the ice to purposely suck. As fans, people are just hoping for losses in these last meaningful games because it benefits the team bigger picture going forward. In a perfect world, you want the players to do well but still wind up with one in the L column. Big picture, that helps the organization much more than any wins will these final games.
So, are you actually going to watch the game? And how does it work, do you route for the other team then? I get it, I just don't get how you would enjoy the actual game-playing especially with a Hawks win. Are forfeits allowed or maybe get all of the goalies injured including the emergency backup?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So, are you actually going to watch the game? And how does it work, do you route for the other team then? I get it, I just don't get how you would enjoy the actual game-playing especially with a Hawks win. Are forfeits allowed or maybe get all of the goalies injured including the emergency backup?

There are a lot of people that just love watching hockey. Personally, I watch 1-2 games each night after the little one goes to sleep.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
There are a lot of people that just love watching hockey. Personally, I watch 1-2 games each night after the little one goes to sleep.
I'd totes get that if they actually still had fights and stuff but I really only like it when the wins matter and not the losses. I guess I will have to just agree to understand and disagree even though I understand and kind of agree, but it's just a preference thing and maybe an overall aesthetics thing, totes subjective so I don't want to be having a quarrel with anyone about this anymore going forward, about this losing for picks stuff. Sorry to have literally stuck my nose into the hornets nest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad