Havlat to be bought out. this season's "boyes" signing?

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
havlat was informed from the sharks that he will not be back next season.

being a free agent, do you think tallon may look to sign his former blackhawk to a cheap 1yr deal since we're a little thin at rw? similar to the boyes signing this last season. whether you think he'd bring him in or not, would you welcome it?

thoughts...

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Havlat can't stay healthy, imagine what the Panthers training staff will do to him if he signs here? His over/under in games played will be set at 10.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
I can see tallon trading a dump for him to be honest. It would be cheaper for sj to trade him for lets say jovo or flash and buy either of them out, than to just buy out havlat... Id welcome a trade like that, and it doesn't seem too unlikely

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
If he'd cost us what Boyes cost us last year I'd welcome here for sure. Although, if we get Gaborik as well, we might have the most injury prone RW of all the NHL.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I can see tallon trading a dump for him to be honest. It would be cheaper for sj to trade him for lets say jovo or flash and buy either of them out, than to just buy out havlat... Id welcome a trade like that, and it doesn't seem too unlikely

Why on earth would they trade Flash as a salary dump (I know it was just an example, but still)? He has a lot of value.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
jovo YES, flash NO!!!!!! i think i'd rather see the sharks buy him out and we sign him as a ufa ala boyes.:handclap::nod::yo:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
When your best Right winger is Boyes, we should look into signing just about any top 6 winger(former too).

I rather roll the dice on Gaborik, but I wouldn't mid Havlat either as a backup plan.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I hope Tallon is smarter than that and look into other possibilities, but he does have a history with him in Chicago, so I wouldn't count this entirely out of happening.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I honestly can't see us going after Gaborik, with how he's performed in the playoffs prices will probably be very high. Just can't see it.

On the other hand, no doubt the Panthers will get Havlat lol.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
DT gave Kovalev a contract. Anything can happen. :laugh:

bargain-bin.jpg

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Well that's a prorated 17 goals/ 43 pt season. That's not bad on our team. ;)

"That's HIGHEST ON OUR TEAM"

FTFY

But seriously, NO Havlat. The guy is nowhere near the player he was 5-6 years ago. Can't stay healthy and barely could contribute offensively on a stacked Sharks team.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
It depends on the price. I'd be willing to take a flier on Havlat if it was the same type of deal as Boyes. 1 year, $1mil. Why not? If he blows, you send him down like we did with Ryan Whitney.

If he doesn't, we have a good, cheap signing like Boyes and Gilbert were last year.

I definitely wouldn't invest any real money into him, but a deal like that, sure, why not.

He scored 12 goals/10assists last year in 48 games. that's 21 goal, 17 assist pace over an 82 game season. Serviceable. Especially considering his ice time was limited.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
"That's HIGHEST ON OUR TEAM"

FTFY

But seriously, NO Havlat. The guy is nowhere near the player he was 5-6 years ago. Can't stay healthy and barely could contribute offensively on a stacked Sharks team.

Sometimes a player on an offensively stacked team gets buried. Especially one who can't stay healthy.

I'm not saying sign Havlat and are worries are done, but much like Boyes, Higgins, Moure, blah blah blah... you sign Havlat to a one year contract and you can turn him for a 2nd rounder or keep him if things go well.

Or you can just Kovalev him.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Sometimes a player on an offensively stacked team gets buried. Especially one who can't stay healthy.

I'm not saying sign Havlat and are worries are done, but much like Boyes, Higgins, Moure, blah blah blah... you sign Havlat to a one year contract and you can turn him for a 2nd rounder or keep him if things go well.

Or you can just Kovalev him.

Although I get what you're saying, Boyes also have 35 points in 48 games last year with the Islanders and short of one crappy season in Buffalo, he's been fairly consistent in putting up offense.

If we can get him for cheap I'm not totally against it, but he's not an answer to a problem and I'd rather invest in someone long term that will help us more along the way. Havlat wasn't exactly who I had in mind when I thought of veterans coming in to guide the young guns.

His injury history concerns me, and if you watch Havlat's ice time his average TOI has steadily decreased over the last 3 seasons in San Jose. I think that's more due to Havlat's poor play than San Jose's "deep team". If he was performing, he'd get the ice time and that's what matters.

Boyes was a MUCH more attractive addition through free agency than Havlat. I also wouldn't be so sure about DT's desire to sign him. He refused to give Havlat anything more than a 1-year extension after his '09 season with the Hawks (finished with 77 points). If I remember correctly Havlat was pretty pissed about the way he was treated and I'm not so sure how eager he would be to jump back into negotiations with Dale Tallon again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00