Have Matthews & McDavid separated from Eichel & Laine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Yeah I mean, aside from winning the Calder unanimously, outscoring him, being worlds better defensively, playing the more difficult position, and leading his team to a playoff spot, Matthews hasn't shown that he's a tier above Laine.
He was always going to win the Calder unless he competition died or something. He isn' worlds better defensively and he didn' lead them to the playoffs. The Leafs play in the weakest division, they were going to make it there at some point.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Have you checked out their totals combined over two years?
Yes, I'll compare each of their Freshman and Sophomore seasons head to head since mathematics seems to not be your strong suit. I'll extrapolate the data over an 82 game season since Matthews is currently in his 2nd season. I'll use his current takeaway per game average for the extrapolation.

Matthews takeaways for first 2 seasons: 150
McDavid takeaways for first 2 seasons: 109

Huh. Matthews yet again on top.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Matthews is so far ahead of Laine and Eichel it's not even funny.

Wasn't Laine supposed to score 50 goals this year? Matthews has MORE goals than him in LESS games played. Matthews is better defensively, better offensively, a better goal scorer, a better playmaker, and brings more dimensions to the game than just sniping.

And Eichel has been pouting all year long in Buffalo doing nothing. He has the potential to be on par with Matthews but decides to sulk instead.

Reactions: Kelly

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Matthews is so far ahead of Laine and Eichel it's not even funny.

Wasn't Laine supposed to score 50 goals this year? Matthews has MORE goals than him in LESS games played. Matthews is better defensively, better offensively, a better goal scorer, a better playmaker, and brings more dimensions to the game than just sniping.

And Eichel has been pouting all year long in Buffalo doing nothing. He has the potential to be on par with Matthews but decides to sulk instead.
Oh how times have changed. Wasn't too long ago that Laine was being compared to Mario :laugh:

Reactions: naruto

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yes, I'll compare each of their Freshman and Sophomore seasons head to head since mathematics seems to not be your strong suit. I'll extrapolate the data over an 82 game season since Matthews is currently in his 2nd season. I'll use his current takeaway per game average for the extrapolation.

Matthews takeaways for first 2 seasons: 150
McDavid takeaways for first 2 seasons: 109

Huh. Matthews yet again on top.

My original post was clear since Matthews entered the league.

Its funny you insult my math skills but you didn't do takeaways per game played and extrapolated for McDavid over 82 games. McDavid only played 45 games as a rookie. His aggregate would actually be around 136 if you use the rate for the first year.

Last edited by a moderator:

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Matthews and McDavid:

McDavid is okay this year but a truly great and "generational" player will help his team succeed, not just himself. How many times did Crosby (a true generational player) and his Pens miss the playoffs? Once, in his first year. McDavid is going to miss 2 out of 3 so far. Matthews team is going to miss 0 out 2 since he arrived.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
My original post was clear since Matthews entered the league.

Its funny you insult my math skills but you didn't do takeaways per game played and extrapolated for McDavid over 82 games. McDavid only played 45 games as rookie. His aggregate would actually be around 136 if you use the rate for the first year.

Man do you come across looking bad lol
136 is still less than 150.

Why would I give McDavid an extra years worth of stats when Matthews doesn't get the same benefit? Is that the only way McDavid beats Matthews? By handicapping Matthews' stats?

Reactions: Kelly and naruto

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
This thread is so far away from the original topic that the original topic is just a dot on the horizon.

Closed.

Reactions: Future GOAT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad