Value of: Haula to EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

J22*

Spurgeon is better than Brodin and that deal solves nothing for expansion. We still either lose a dman or Coyle/Nino.

Spurgeon is a better player than Brodin, but I actually thought the 1st pair looked better when it was Brodin on it.

How could the Wild possibly lose one of Coyle/Nino to expansion though?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Spurgeon is a better player than Brodin, but I actually thought the 1st pair looked better when it was Brodin on it.

Better overall? Meh. Better defensively? Yes. Better offensively? Not close.

7F 3D 1G we still lose a dman
8 Skaters we lose one of RNH/Coyle/Nino

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009

The top pair did look better with Suter-Brodin. In fact, every Dman looked better when that was the top pairing. Every pairing looked better in 14/15 and before that.

Except Suter demanded to play with Spurgeon to pad his offensive numbers and Yeo didn't have the balls to tell him his place.

Last year goes a lot different if Suter didnt get his way and we kept the same D pairings that brought us all that defensive success in past seasons.

J22*

Better overall? Meh. Better defensively? Yes. Better offensively? Not close.

7F 3D 1G we still lose a dman
8 Skaters we lose one of RNH/Coyle/Nino

5X5 points

14-15
Suter 20
Brodin 12

15-16
Suter 22
Spurgeon 12

That seem at least kind of close, no?

As for the bold. I thought Fletcher told you that wasn't an option?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The top pair did look better with Suter-Brodin. In fact, every Dman looked better when that was the top pairing. Every pairing looked better in 14/15 and before that.

Except Suter demanded to play with Spurgeon to pad his offensive numbers and Yeo didn't have the balls to tell him his place.

Last year goes a lot different if Suter didnt get his way and we kept the same D pairings that brought us all that defensive success in past seasons.

Easy to play well when you have Scandella-Spurgeon as a second pair. Suter-Brodin is perfect for late game situations where we are up a goal. Suter-Spurgeon/Dumba for when down a goal.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
The other idea I had about Haula was in a bigger package. Nuge + 2017 1st for Spurgeon + Haula? Not sure this is better or worse for Minny fans?

Good work you just made it worse. Minn would want to move Spurgeon even less than they would move Haula. Double fail!!!

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Good work you just made it worse. Minn would want to move Spurgeon even less than they would move Haula. Double fail!!!

Nah, thats better for mn as it actually addresses our needs. I'd do that but I'm higher on RNH than most wild fans.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
5X5 points

14-15
Suter 20
Brodin 12

15-16
Suter 22
Spurgeon 12

That seem at least kind of close, no?

As for the bold. I thought Fletcher told you that wasn't an option?

Corsi stats I'm guessing would suggest that Suter-Spurgeon spent a lot more time in the o-zone than Suter-Brodin.

No matter what you lose a good player. That's the point. It solves nothing.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Of course the Wild is losing something if we trade Spurgeon, but we are also gaining, young, good C in RNH.

Trouble is, after the Staal signing, this deal makes way less sense, so I'm guessing something similar has been discussed between Chia and Fletcher, and dismissed by one side or the other. Trading Haula just because we have too many C's makes no sense at all, to me.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Spurgeon is better than Brodin and that deal solves nothing for expansion. We still either lose a dman or Coyle/Nino.

Spurgeon is better now. In three years, who knows? The only thing the deal does is give us an extra 1st, which is nothing to be sneezed at, and is obviously a hedge against the draft. It really depends on how much the Wild value Haula.

Sweoilers

Jun 14, 2015
How about Dumba+Haula for RNH and a 2 round pick in 2018. (Don't think we have one in 2017 because of that stupid rule). Would something around that work? Don't know Wilds cap. Do we need to take cap back?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
How about Dumba+Haula for RNH and a 2 round pick in 2018. (Don't think we have one in 2017 because of that stupid rule). Would something around that work? Don't know Wilds cap. Do we need to take cap back?

Doesn't work because of cap.

RNH- 6m hit

Dumba- 2-2.5M (TBD...his deal being negotiated right now, and that's seems to be the ballpark)

Haula- 1M

Wild can't eat 2.5-3M at this point. We'd have to send something else back, but I can't think of who makes sense.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Spurgeon is better now. In three years, who knows? The only thing the deal does is give us an extra 1st, which is nothing to be sneezed at, and is obviously a hedge against the draft. It really depends on how much the Wild value Haula.
Brodin's got 3 years to become a beast in possession and to improve his shot. I think Brodin is Hjalmarsson for us, will play #3 and can step up and play #2 in situations.

Nope.

Sweoilers

Jun 14, 2015
Doesn't work because of cap.

RNH- 6m hit

Dumba- 2-2.5M (TBD...his deal being negotiated right now, and that's seems to be the ballpark)

Haula- 1M

Wild can't eat 2.5-3M at this point. We'd have to send something else back, but I can't think of who makes sense.

Does Pomenville have a NMC or NTC? If not then maybe him. I had a feeling you had cap problems.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Does Pomenville have a NMC or NTC? If not then maybe him. I had a feeling you had cap problems.
Partial NMC. Nobody knows if he would have to waive or not.

Scandella, Dumba, Haula, and Pominville for RNH, Eberle, and Nurse.

After a deep breath, both teams realize that they fixed their issues in one trade.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013

After a deep breath, both teams realize that they fixed their issues in one trade.

Not a bad trade as a concept. Although EDM already has 2 top4 LHD if Klefbom counts.

What is Nurses current value? 1st pick outside top10? His value in this trade is about "pomminville", which is "a bit" low.

Eberle = Scandella, RNH +"2nd" = Dumba+Haula, Nurse = Pommer (duh?) + "2nd" coming back.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Not a bad trade as a concept. Although EDM already has 2 top4 LHD if Klefbom counts.

What is Nurses current value? 1st pick outside top10? His value in this trade is about "pomminville", which is "a bit" low.

Eberle = Scandella, RNH +"2nd" = Dumba+Haula, Nurse = Pommer (duh?) + "2nd" coming back.
Dumba+Haula > RNH
Scandella+Pominville < Eberle +Nurse

Bigger deal evens that out.

For the Oilers:
Scandella is already what Nurse projects to be and he's entering his prime on a great contract.
Dumba in the #1 right-shot PP quarterback that they need and his upside is very high.
Haula is a great speedy two-way center with ability to continue to grow offensively.
Pominville is a quality vet RW who can play anywhere in the top-9 and his contract won't be an issue for the Oilers.

For the Wild:
RNH is a young top-6 center to give relief to Koivu
Eberle is an offensively talented RW to give them a change of pace on that right side.
Nurse would replace some of blueline talent lost in the deal and could be developed slowly in the AHL.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

I can't begin to tell you how much I hate this trade for the Wild. We keep Scandella. They keep Nurse and Eberle. They will have to send a pick.

Sweoilers

Jun 14, 2015

If Klefbom counts? He is our best defenceman so I don't know what you mean if he counts. Even if you look in the big picture Oilers can not trade both Eberle and RNH. Even with Pomenville coming back our RW depth is not very good. Before we signed The Monster I liked the proposed trade from Wildfans with Kuemper, Zucker and Dumba for RNH.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
If Klefbom counts? He is our best defenceman so I don't know what you mean if he counts. Even if you look in the big picture Oilers can not trade both Eberle and RNH. Even with Pomenville coming back our RW depth is not very good. Before we signed The Monster I liked the proposed trade from Wildfans with Kuemper, Zucker and Dumba for RNH.

In the kindest possible way. Oilers defense is not very good. Being the best Oilers D is like going to allstar game in the AHL. Promising, but just promising.

Watched 20 oilers games last year and Klefbom would be 3rd pair in Wild.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
In the kindest possible way. Oilers defense is not very good. Being the best Oilers D is like going to allstar game in the AHL. Promising, but just promising.

Watched 20 oilers games last year and Klefbom would be 3rd pair in Wild.
Would he though? He's not better than the Wild's top 3 LHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad