Proposal: Hats Off To Kravtsov: NYR + EDM + ARI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
New York out: Miller, Kravtsov, Georgiev, STL's 2022 2nd
New York in: Chychrun, Koskinen (50% retained)

Edmonton out: 2022 1st, Bourgault, Koskinen (50% retained)
Edmonton in: Kravtsov, Georgiev

Arizona out: Chychrun
Arizona in: Miller, Bourgault, EDM's 2022 1st, STL's 2022 2nd

Rangers add a top pairing LD in Chychrun who has 4 years remaining on his team-friendly contract. Lindgren - Fox and Chychrun - Trouba would be a contender for the best top 4 in the league. Koskinen gives them a backup on an expiring contract

Oilers get an offensively gifted young winger who should thrive playing alongside McDavid or Draisaitl. They may also be getting their goaltender of the future in Georgiev who will be under team control for a couple of seasons allowing them to see if he can eventually replace Smith as the team's #1 goalie

Arizona add a physically gifted young LD with loads of potential in Miller, a talented forward prospect in Bourgault who was the highest ranked player in the QMJHL last year, plus another 1st and 2nd rd pick in 2022. With 4 1st rd picks and 6 2nd rd picks in the upcoming draft, they'd have the pick currency to move up multiple times during the 1st rd in order to ensure they come away with the prospects they covet most

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
We aren't getting Chychrun in that package deal. A prospect for whatever reason isn't put in the line-up, a Dman placed in the top 4, a backup goalie who has no confidence, and a 2022nd for a top pairing Dman just doesn't happen, regardless of a 3rd team involved giving up assets.

Take a break, man.

Reactions: HyperX

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Chychrun is worth so much more than that

Kravtsov would be the third or fourth best asset in a deal for him

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
did op lose a bet? never seen this many threads on the front page started by the same individual. and all the puns (which tbh, i don't mind when used sparingly).

Reactions: TFHockey

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020

There aren't a lot of recent comparables that come to mind, but Ryan Ellis was just traded for Cody Glass and Phillipe Myers

Granted Ellis is older with a higher cap hit, but he's also signed for 6 years instead of 4

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
There aren't a lot of recent comparables that come to mind, but Ryan Ellis was just traded for Cody Glass and Phillipe Myers

Granted Ellis is older with a higher cap hit, but he's also signed for 6 years instead of 4

Ellis has also been slow and injury prone. That trade was to get out of Ellis' 6m contract before we got stuck.

Chychrun is 23, makes 4.5 for 4 more years and is Arizona's franchise building block and 6'2 compared to Ellis' under 5'10. I don't think they're comparable at all.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Ellis has also been slow and injury prone. That trade was to get out of Ellis' 6m contract before we got stuck.

Chychrun is 23, makes 4.5 for 4 more years and is Arizona's franchise building block and 6'2 compared to Ellis' under 5'10. I don't think they're comparable at all.

Yeah, that's a fair point... I was struggling to think of any comparables... the Elllis deal, however poor it may be, was the only one to come to mind

Edison

Dec 1, 2017
Oilers says no. I have more faith in bourgault than kravtsov. And i would not trade retained Koskinen and first for Georgiev.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Oilers says no. I have more faith in bourgault than kravtsov. And i would not trade retained Koskinen and first for Georgiev.

That's fair...

My rationale for favouring Kravtsov over Bourgault was that Kravtsov could contribute right away, whereas Bourgault might be 2 - 3 years away from being a regular in the lineup

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
We aren't getting Chychrun in that package deal. A prospect for whatever reason isn't put in the line-up, a Dman placed in the top 4, a backup goalie who has no confidence, and a 2022nd for a top pairing Dman just doesn't happen, regardless of a 3rd team involved giving up assets.

Take a break, man.

It would be more constructive if you shared your thoughts on what the Rangers should have to part with, rather than just telling me my valuation is off...

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
That's fair...

My rationale for favouring Kravtsov over Bourgault was that Kravtsov could contribute right away, whereas Bourgault might be 2 - 3 years away from being a regular in the lineup

Actually Bourgault was one of the better players in camp . Holland like prospect to be season some what before they come into the NHL . Right or wrong base on his play he should of stuck with the Oilers . I would trade Yamamoto 10 times out of 10 before trading Bourgault

Reactions: zar

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It would be more constructive if you shared your thoughts on what the Rangers should have to part with, rather than just telling me my valuation is off...
Wait, what? You make a post that is way off, and we're supposed to tell you what it should take instead? You can't be serious. Maybe you'd value those responses more, but nobody owes you that.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Wait, what? You make a post that is way off, and we're supposed to tell you what it should take instead? You can't be serious. Maybe you'd value those responses more, but nobody owes you that.

How dare he wants people to discuss trades on a trades forum. Nah, better rip on the guy because he has different valuations than you do.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Kinda surprised to see Miller isn't being valued to the extent I thought he'd be...

He's a 6'5, 21 year old who's already playing in the Rangers' top 4, and he's a tremendous athlete who might very well have a higher ceiling than Chychrun

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
OP really needs to take a hiatus. The proposals are consistently bad. He/she just likes the attention with the puns.

Reactions: go4hockey

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
How dare he wants people to discuss trades on a trades forum. Nah, better rip on the guy because he has different valuations than you do.

No, no, no. He doesn't want discussion. He wants to get out his silly pun titles. If he were actually interested in discussion, he'd say more than...

"I disagree" when people explain why the trade offers are bad.
"Tell me what it should take then" when people say the valuation is just completely off.
"Rebuilding teams should always try to get out of any contract and they don't have any needs but getting younger" when it's pointed out that teams like Arizona, Ottawa, Detroit, etc. don't want to trade away guys who are decent players that make like 3-4M.

He also wouldn't be spamming 75 different topics with trades that all end up being the same bullshit of trying to get Brady Tkachuk out of Ottawa or Jakob Chychrun out of Arizona or swapping goalies from Ottawa or Dallas because they're "mind-bogglingly bad contracts for a back up goalie"

People are ripping on him because he's not engendering discussion. He's saying "this is my value and I disagree when you come up with legitimate complaints. Oh, and I'm not the GM, so this is just what I'd do, not what I think the team might actually do."

It's completely contextless nonsense that doesn't consider the wants or needs of any team involved and as such, the trades are complete nonstarters from the word go. It's not worth making a counter offer or saying what it would take because it would be a wholly different trade than is being offered.

For instance... with this trade here..

New York out: Miller, Kravtsov, Georgiev, STL's 2022 2nd
New York in: Chychrun, Koskinen (50% retained)

Edmonton out: 2022 1st, Bourgault, Koskinen (50% retained)
Edmonton in: Kravtsov, Georgiev

Arizona out: Chychrun
Arizona in: Miller, Bourgault, EDM's 2022 1st, STL's 2022 2nd

Why does Arizona trade the best player in the deal who is on a cheap contract for what he is?

New York's assets don't add up to getting Chychrun even if they take Koskinen at 2.25M for a year.

Why is Edmonton giving up a 1st and Bourgault who they just took and like for Kravstov who's value is greatly depressed because teams know he's disgruntled? Georgiev and Koskinen at 50% is actually probably a pretty fair swap on its own with how they've both statisically performed.

This deal heavily favors the Rangers and simply doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Arizona and Edmonton to be involved with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad