Has hockey gained popularity since scoring levels increased?

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
As a Korean, i find there's a parallel between hockey and korean food.

Back in the 80's none of you white people ate it.

It's spicy, and fishy. And we didn't dumb it down for your palettes. We made it for ourselves and we didn't give a shit if you liked it or not. We don't ask if you if you want it spicy or not. We make it spicy, and ask you if you want to wash it down with beer or soju.

We didn't dumb it down like the chinese food you find at foodcourts. We didnt desecrate it like Italian pizza.

It's getting wider acceptance now? But we don't care. Its still just made for us. We won't change it. And if you don't like it? f*** you it's not made for you.

So yeah, that's how I feel about hockey. You don't have to like it. It's made for us, and we shouldnt dumb it down to appease a wider audience.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
More fans watch highlights , check scores Does anyone who is not getting paid to...watch full games anymore?
Seen one game ...ya seen them all.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
The comebacks have been the most exciting part for me. I have no data to back this up but it just seems like huge comebacks happen way more often.

However, it makes me wonder how many points Crosby would’ve gotten in his prime with the current rules, how many 70 goal season would Ovie have had, and have goalies actually gotten worse?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad