Has Connor Bedard quietly became underrated ?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I watched many of the games and i saw some one playing 6-7 of pp time and 23 mins of toi as a rookie forward who cant take a hit.

I saw a guy who was being overly sheltered wkth only O-Zone.

He had Hall and Perry

Foligno dint have a better personal season because of Bedard but because he played more mins than before.
The same Corey Perry who had 25pts the season prior?

The same Corey Perry who only played 16 games?

The same Taylor Hall who only played 9.5 games?

LOLLL

Reactions: Voight

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
As a whole product, he’s neither overrated or underrated yet.

Elements of his game are underrated due to the focus on his absurd shot, tho.

Reactions: Regal

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Off to a great start and the team is overall better than last year. He also has some early chemistry with players who can actually skate well.

Chicago fans are in for an exciting season, maybe even remain in the playoff race until near the end of the season.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
You think Bedard could be on Gordie Howe's level and you're calling me the Internet clown?

This will be a fun thread to bump in a few years, just like those Shane Wright threads.

I think it's too early to tell either way. Because the kid is 19 ie just started his career. That's the main point I've been making.

Due to the way the discussion unfolded, the secondary point I've been making is around some posters (one in particular) who for some reason continues to make dishonest and / or irrelevant arguments about this. Says more about the poster(s) than it ever will about Bedard.

Reactions: AzHawk

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think what he did last year with the collection of players around him was underrated. And he looks even better, naturally, to start his second season.

I don’t think in the grand scheme of things he’s underrated - the hype has been around forever and the NHL wants nothing more than for a new superstar to come along.

I do think as with all players who clearly have *it* at the highest level, it becomes somewhat fashionable and “clever” to take an opposing stance to the perceived greatness - either by doing some statistical tap-dancing, saying “well people are acting like he’s a god and I saw him with a sloppy turnover and no points last night!” or doing the comp game of “just wait until player X arrives you all will be eating your words that Bedard is the best!” even though player X is even less “proven”. Basically, it’s fun to be the obtuse contrarian.

The truth is Bedard is hitting all the extremely high but within reason markers, if not surpassing them, thus far in his career. It’s great for him, it’s great as a fan and it’s great for the league and sport.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
There's been a lot of comments questioning how good he is right now. And how there's a long list of players who are better right now.

Just an observation. He was the best player on the ice last night , against McDavid and Draisitle. Obviously it won't always be that way but it just shows , that's an element of him being underrated by some. Who seem to think he will need 2 years to get up to speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad