Has Connor Bedard quietly became underrated ?

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Connor Bedard was hyped at the retail level in his daft year. And was compared to Mcdavid or Crosby. But as his first year came and went , the hardcore fans and analysts were not as onboard with it anymore.

Something changed. We even have some fans trying to upsell Jack Hughs and Logan Cooley on him.

Now it's not considered serious to compare him to Mcdavid or Crosby. Why is this ?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Connor Bedard was hyped at the retail level in his daft year. And was compared to Mcdavid or Crosby. But as his first year came and went , the hardcore fans and analysts were not as onboard with it anymore.

Something changed. We even have some fans trying to upsell Jack Hughs and Logan Cooley on him.

Now it's not considered serious to compare him to Mcdavid or Crosby. Why is this ?

He was not considered to be anywhere near Crosby or McDavid.. but he was the clear first overall pick

Beddard is not underrated--he is still predicted to be one of the best players in the league--just not Generational

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
He was not considered to be anywhere near Crosby or McDavid.. but he was the clear first overall pick

Beddard is not underrated--he is still predicted to be one of the best players in the league--just not Generational
So a Canadian version of David Pasternak or Panarin is what you think Bedard is.

Noted.

Proves my point. All i said was , he was hyped at the retail level. And the experts like you are having none of it. Again, noted.

Reactions: Voight

kingsholygrail

0-0-0 IT BEGINS!
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

What timeline is this? I don't think his stock has fallen at all. Chicago hasn't played a game yet. lol

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
No

And no he wasnt

He was 100% compared to those guys and was being called generational. People here have short memories.

As to whether he’s now underrated, idk but the hype definitely fell off dramatically. I think that’s in part due to how inept that Chicago team was last year, in combination with the supernova seasons last year from some of the league’s already established stars.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
So a Canadian version of David Pasternak or Panarin is what you think Bedard is.

Noted.

Proves my point. All i said was , he was hyped at the retail level. And the experts like you are having none of it. Again, noted.
What does "hyped at the retail level" mean? He was not on the level of Crosby, McDavid, or Ovi as a draft prospect, but was in the first tier under those highest end 1st overalls. He had a very good rookie season. Not enough to move him into the category of those guys, but certainly a strong one for even a 1st overall. He's getting a nationally televised game on the NHL's opening night tonight even though his team will likely be non-competitive this year like they were last year. I think his hype has been pretty consistent for a couple years now and I don't know how anyone could say he's over or under rated.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
He was 100% compared to those guys and was being called generational. People here have short memories.

As to whether he’s now underrated, idk but the hype definitely fell off dramatically. I think that’s in part due to how inept that Chicago team was last year, in combination with the supernova seasons last year from some of the league’s already established stars.

Nope. not by any seriously. He was also called a step down from generational by serious people

"Not quite at McDavid's level" was what I read

Reactions: Darren McCord

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
At the height of the Hawks injuries , it was arguably the worst lineup in the cap era. But either way , you are kinda proving the point. It is not fashionable to be high on Bedard.

Threads like this are the reason people will careless about Bedard. That and the fact he plays for a trash org.

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
Nope. not by any seriously. He was also called a step down from generational by serious people

"Not quite at McDavid's level" was what I read
“Not quite” at the level of a guy who might end up a top 5 player of all time would still be generational IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad