Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Bloomington Bison Thread: Part XV

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Watching Wolf Pack’s game from yesterday.
Glad to see the organization finally realized that Scanlin should be playing back on his natural left.
Berard is a dynamic talented winger who drives play. Hope that translates to the NHL.
Sykora, though two years younger has great jump and energy. Ceiling hopefully is a lot higher than I wrongly gave concern about his last season. Love that he is going to the net. Most likely he didn’t go there last season was because of positioning.
The team had Edstrom, Rempe, Nash, Blidh, Korczak, Henriksson and Leschyshyn who all played net front.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Harpur had a fight in the second game with Dylan Peterson of Springfield. He knocked Peterson around in that one a lot but might have hurt himself doing it. My guess is all three of them might be banged up a bit.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
game 3 of 3-in-3 is underway

looks like Othmann, Robertson and Harpur scratched, Luce is in

Harpur had a fight in the second game with Dylan Peterson of Springfield. He knocked Peterson around in that one a lot but might have hurt himself doing it. My guess is all three of them might be banged up a bit.
Sucese out to, my eye ain't trained yet for him

Hope doesn't mention Harpur

Reactions: eco's bones

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Why does the AHL play 3 games in a row when the NHL doesn't?
The AHL and other minor leagues are so heavily reliant on ticket sales and then revenues from people in the arenas. If they can get three weekend games, those will all likely be bigger revenue generators than a game on a Monday or Wednesday or whatever. It's also why they always have the goofy promotional nights; anything to get butts in seats.

Travel is also an expense both in terms of actually moving the teams and equipment as well as the additional travel stipends the teams have to pay out. So if they can squeeze in three local games only requiring one round-trip bus trip and no hotel stay, that's saving some coin for the team.

No huge TVs contracts or anything for these franchises. Most are owned by their parent NHL clubs but they still pinch pennies because the margins are so thin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad