Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Bloomington Bison Thread: Part XV

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Hartford loses in the shoot out 4-3. Pack outshot 49-25. Domingue stole a point stopping 45 shots. All of the goals he gave up were on the PP, one being a 5-3. Focusing on the Rangers game I only saw small bits of this game. But it didn't look like the Pack generated much offense with two of their goals coming on the PP.

Some thoughts on my limited viewing:

From Keegan Jarvis:

"Scratches: F Blade JenkinsF Bryce McConnell-BarkerF Blake McLaughlinD Ryan Siedem

Lines: Othmann - Groulx - BelzileBerard - Leschyshyn - Sucese: Erne - Korczak - Blidh: Sýkora - Roobroeck - Chmelař:

D Pairs: Harpur - Fitzgerald; Robertson - Scanlin; Mackey - Hillman"

While Domingue was excellent, Hartford needs to give Garand more work. He's not waiver exempt next year so the Rangers could lose him if he isn't the back up goalie.

Fitzgerald and Mackay ran the PP. Although Fitzgerald scored the PP goal to tie the game, this team is missing a Zac Jones, or Mac Hallowell or Teemo Reunanen. The defense doesn't generate much offense. Ben Harpur looked particularly slow.

On the first goal, although Fitzgerald got an assist, he fumbled the puck on top and almost lost it. Othmann made a nice hustle play to keep the puck in the zone and pass to Berard who was able to beat the goalie. But Othmann took a lazy hooking penalty that lead to a PP goal. You can see the potential but he is inconsistent. No shots from two centers, Korczak and Leschyschen. That continues to be a problem. Sykora had a nice pass to Blidh on his goal but seemed to have a quiet game otherwise.

I haven't seen each players time but it didn't look like Roobroeck and Chmelar got much action. Othmann and Berard with 4 shots a piece.

Only one game but not very encouraging start as a team.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Just finished watching the game from last night.
1st game of the season on the road. Take the point and run.
Domingue was great but I agree with Ran Ric, Garand needs to get a majority of the starts this year.
Othmann with two penalties that lead to the Phantom first two goals. Second penalty was lazy.
PK was bad, but that is to be expected. Most of last season forward penalty killers are not with the team.5 left handed d- men in the lineup? That should have been addressed by the organization. Going on 2 and 1/2 seasons.
With Mancini up with the big club and Robertson and his issues, Scanlin should be getting 1st pair minutes on the left side.
That is the Rangers biggest weakness.
Anyone know where Steve Smith landed this year? Did he call it quits? Paul Mara over Steve Smith as the d coach doesn’t seem right.

P.S.: Paul Mara played two seasons with Chris Drury. That tracks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad