Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Bloomington Bison Thread: Part XV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Any young AHL fighters with leadership and some average skills that the Wolfpack can maybe sign to an NHL deal at league minimum to help protect the young prospects?? Need a young Rempe replacement for the Wolfpack

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Any young AHL fighters with leadership and some average skills that the Wolfpack can maybe sign to an NHL deal at league minimum to help protect the young prospects?? Need a young Rempe replacement for the Wolfpack
i may be wrong but i expect Rempe starts season with Pack.
Despite the memes, IMHO he hasn't earned an out-of-camp job yet

Reactions: Vitto79

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Confirmation that Vaisanen will not be in Hartford this upcoming season.

Google Translate:

Ilves and the NHL club 𝐍𝐰𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐑𝐫𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 have agreed on the loan agreement of the 21-year-old forward 𝐊𝐂𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐭! Väisänen will play in Ilves in the 2024–2025 season, but will possibly participate in the Rangers' training camp in the fall.
I’m a bit disappointed in this as well Ric….
He has size and wheels. If he rounds out his game, it’s possible he can have a future in the NHL as a bottom sixer..
That said, he needs to fill out/mature still too…
I’m in the camp that thinks the faster you get them over here playing NA hockey, the better and more prepared they’ll be. Just better for the players overall development…
That said, maybe there was an agreement between parties that Hartford will have a bunch of depth and let the kid take a slower approach via his development…..

My sleeper pick is going to be Chmelar…. That was a nasty injury he suffered thru.
He came back and proved he hasn’t lost a step. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has an excellent camp and forces himself into the conversation to at least be the 1st call up for Bottom 6 wing, if not maybe make the team.
His big heavy frame, shot, and good wheels make him exactly the type of player this team wants to add to the line up… they are always talking about getting bigger…
This is a guy that checks a lot of boxes and plays the game the right way…. If he gets a chance, I’d wager he doesn’t look out of place and winds up sticking with the big club..
As Far as the big club goes, Laf and Cuylle are the guys I’m most interested in seeing take the next step.
Laf should keep the pedal on the floor and hopefully get a PP1 spot…
Cuylle def hit the rookie wall, but had a solid playoffs all things considered.. he’s deceptively good and does all the little things well..
Wouldn’t surprise me 1 bit to see him turn into a 60pt top 6 wing over the next 2 seasons.
Another guy that fits all the criteria for what we are looking for

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
AHL.TV is discontinued.
Games can be subscribed at FloSports.
$150 for the year, which includes alll AHL, ECHL regular season and playoffs.
They also offer a month only plan. Believe it is $29.95?
FloSports also carries other leagues.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
AHL.TV is discontinued.
Wow. That's surprising. I guess not enough people were watching, but I can't imagine they had much overhead.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
AHL.TV is discontinued.
That sucks. Considering so many of the games were literally just using the feed from the jumbotron, it seems like the cost to produce the games wouldn't be much.

I used to have a HockeyTV subscription to watch USHL games. I see that HockeyTV is now part of FloSports. I guess they're trying to expand.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
that was true last year too and the rangers didn't agree....and the fact that rempe wasn't even at rookie camp tells you that they still don't

Reactions: noncents

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
the 3 brand new try-out names -

brett budgell F age 23 6'0" 187#
played 5 seasons in QMJHL thru '22
Last 2 seasons in ECHL

jonny Evans F age 27 5'9" 170#
played 4 seasons at UConn thru '22
Last 2 seasons in ECHL

chase pauls D age 20 6'5" 212#
Plays in the W

ALL THREE may report to Pack camp, altho Pack already have quite a few AHL contracts
Budgel and Evans COULD be candidates for Bloomington, as well,
as an ECHL expansion team, Bloomington have been gradual in filling their roster

the 20-year-old D probably returns to the W
altho NYR could ELC him, or Van Vliet, even if they return to Junior for coming season

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
the 3 brand new try-out names -

brett budgell F age 23 6'0" 187#
played 5 seasons in QMJHL thru '22
Last 2 seasons in ECHL

jonny Evans F age 27 5'9" 170#
played 4 seasons at UConn thru '22
Last 2 seasons in ECHL

chase pauls D age 20 6'5" 212#
Plays in the W

ALL THREE may report to Pack camp, altho Pack already have quite a few AHL contracts
Budgel and Evans COULD be candidates for Bloomington, as well,
as an ECHL expansion team, Bloomington have been gradual in filling their roster

the 20-year-old D probably returns to the W
altho NYR could ELC him, or Van Vliet, even if they return to Junior for coming season

Rangers should give both ELC if they can. Rangers have a bad lack of depth on young future dman. Rangers could make a trade with someone like the Habs or Wild and use Kakko as bait to get a young dman back.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Rangers should give both ELC if they can. Rangers have a bad lack of depth on young future dman. Rangers could make a trade with someone like the Habs or Wild and use Kakko as bait to get a young dman back.
What do you know about those guys? What makes you think they're even remotely deserving of an ELC? For every 50 random guys we bring to dev camp or the main camp, there are like 1 or 2 that end up becoming NHL players. I mean is there something specific about these guys that you like or is it just because they're undrafted and available?

Reactions: GAGLine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad