Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
That's it, I'm getting AHL.tv.

@Kovalev27 is better than any ad they could post.
Might want to wait until the New Year is officially here. If I remember correctly, in years past they've cut the price for the second half of the season.

Although, looking at the prices right now, they're already a lot more reasonable than they were the years I followed extensively.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That's it, I'm getting AHL.tv.

@Kovalev27 is better than any ad they could post.

hahaha I mean it’s worth it. I think I paid 60 bucks just for the Pack games. I never watch them live I usually do when working from home if it’s quiet or as you know when the wife is away the Pack will play. I don’t dare try to force her to watch AHL hockey unless it’s live. But for 60 bucks totally worth it.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Shesterkin is a lock. Probably Keane would go too. Anyone else realistically?

Great for Shesty's perpetually growing confidence. Love it. Let him rock those losers in the A at the ASG and then give him that cup of coffee after he comes back from that amazing experience for a young Russian goalie.

Rad all over.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Shesterkin and Keane should absolutely go. Fogarty would too I’d think if he is made avail.

Lettieri leads the Pack in points, but given that Shesty is more or less a lock and Keane should also go (4th in AHL Dmen points, 2nd in AHL among Dmen rookies), together with Knoblauch... AHL might not want/need/require a Pack forward... but if, it's a toss up between Fogarty and Vinny IMO.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Think George gets moved? Rykov I could see taking over for Staal. Can't imagine Hank is retiring mid-year.

Staal's going nowhere this season but I could see the Rangers exploring options with moving Skjei...

I want to like him a lot but he just hasn't really progressed and reached his potential I think. Like he constantly seems indecisive about positioning and shit especially defending rushes and it suckkkkkkkkks. That said, I think he still has value that teams might see and think they can draw out of him (and they may very well be right).

re: Shesterkin vs Georgiev.

I like Georgiev a lot and think he can/will be a solid NHL goalie. Something about his game leaves a bit to be desired IMO...like, he seems to make real good saves and move well 90% of the time and then he lets some in where I feel like he got off his mark or something, and I think Shesty has a higher boom potential. I'm no goalie expert though.

Anyways if they could move someone like Skjei I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to keep Strome if the ask wasn't too huge (if he doesn't try to get paid like the star he isn't)

2nd period

Shesterkin looking cool and calm I mean this kid is the kind of goalie you just love to play in front of (I was not like this by the way I was like hank lol)

lol Hank used to be position perfect in his youth. It's definitely been a thing in the past maybe 4 years where he has started to swim around in his crease more as his body can't quite do what it used to be able to.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
NAh I’m not talking about positioning I’m talking about demeanor with regards to Shesterkin vs hank.

if we are talking about positioning and movements there is no comparison at this point.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
By the sound of things, it look like Kravtsov got his head out of his arse. Maybe there was some truth with the heart-rate thing... He was floating too much.. I'd be interested to see if he could fit in with Bread and Strome

Hows Rykov looking?

Reactions: Osminator

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Rykov is too good for the AHL. He’s polished he’s just not in shape. Hard to be after missing that much time. He just needs to get in game shape. But he’ll be behind most of the year because of it. I really like him. I like him way more than lindgren. And while HAJek May have the more natural gifts he’s raw. Much more raw than Rykov who like Shesterkin looks like a pro. He’s a year older so that’s not to be unexpected but I think he should be in the NHL at some point soon. He’s again the reason I don’t see how you bring Staal back. You have 3 guys there that should be in the conversation. To me Lindgren is the lesser of the 3.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Rykov is too good for the AHL. He’s polished he’s just not in shape. Hard to be after missing that much time. He just needs to get in game shape. But he’ll be behind most of the year because of it. I really like him. I like him way more than lindgren. And while HAJek May have the more natural gifts he’s raw. Much more raw than Rykov who like Shesterkin looks like a pro. He’s a year older so that’s not to be unexpected but I think he should be in the NHL at some point soon. He’s again the reason I don’t see how you bring Staal back. You have 3 guys there that should be in the conversation. To me Lindgren is the lesser of the 3.

Yeah. I was beating the drum hard for Rykov during the offseason. I think he'll be on the roster full-time next season, and would've made it this season if not for his injury

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Hopefully he doesn’t get buried because of that injury and end up going back

I worry about this because like @UnSandvich said I think he probably would have outplayed both Hajek and Lindgren in camp if healthy. Now he’s behind them both due to this injury when he’s imo the better player. I think he’s much better than Lindgren and while I think Hajek is better long term with his abilities I think Rykov is better right now

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It would be a mistake to give up Lindgren, or make him the odd-man out. He brings the physicality and nastiness that no one else does. He's also rock-solid defensively. IMO he's the perfect guy for your third pair, and he's capable of stepping up a level if the need arises.

The debate should be what you do with Staal, Rykov, and Hajek. Obviously Staal needs to go, which then makes the decision do you move one of Rykov or Hajek, or potentially even move Skjei. At this point I'm not moving anyone for Hajek, but I'd also like to keep him at least another year to see what he turns into.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It would be a mistake to give up Lindgren, or make him the odd-man out. He brings the physicality and nastiness that no one else does. He's also rock-solid defensively. IMO he's the perfect guy for your third pair, and he's capable of stepping up a level if the need arises.

The debate should be what you do with Staal, Rykov, and Hajek. Obviously Staal needs to go, which then makes the decision do you move one of Rykov or Hajek, or potentially even move Skjei. At this point I'm not moving anyone for Hajek, but I'd also like to keep him at least another year to see what he turns into.

oh I’m not giving up Lindgren right now. As I’ve said it just makes it more clear that Staal should be bought out this summer. All 3 of Hajek Rykov and Lindgren should be on the nhl roster next year.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Did Rykov get an EAC in his contract too? IIRC, I think he did only for next season.

I'm not trying to drum up fears of him going back to Russia. I'm just genuinely curious if it's a part of his contract.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I suspect a lot of these guys have been told, either directly or indirectly, to hold on and see what happens after the TDL/heading into training camp next year.

Personally, I think by the time next season opens, it's likely Staal is bought out, Skjei is traded, Georgiev is traded, and some combination of Kreider/Buch/Strome/Fast are traded. There'll be spots for all of these guys (Rykov, Shestyerkin, Kravtsov) so long as they play well enough to seize them.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad