Hart?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No…because I thought the teams were told if they qualified them the players would continue to be cap exempt. Like last year.

I thought the problem is that there has been no clarification on that front? Did I miss something? I figured by simply not clarifying the league is de-facto suspending them without official action by keeping teams afraid of losing space

Reactions: renberg

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I thought the problem is that there has been no clarification on that front? Did I miss something? I figured by simply not clarifying the league is de-facto suspending them without official action by keeping teams afraid of losing space
I read somewhere they would have to pay him but would not count against the cap. Did they pay him this whole year? And the cap was waved? I thought that would be the carryover rule from what I read. Obviously, if they would count against the cap you shouldn’t sign them even you had 10 million in space.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I read somewhere they would have to pay him but would not count against the cap. Did they pay him this whole year? And the cap was waved? I thought that would be the carryover rule from what I read. Obviously, if they would count against the cap you shouldn’t sign them even you had 10 million in space.

I think the problem is that it isn't clarified if that rule carries over into a new year or new contract.

Something else I don't know about: has anyone seen if they've said their caps would count in the summer?

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I think the problem is that it isn't clarified if that rule carries over into a new year or new contract.

Something else I don't know about: has anyone seen if they've said their caps would count in the summer?
I really know next to nothing about the case. Are there any detailed accounts/articles? Or just general ones.

It’s possible it didn’t come up because the teams and league “knew” there would be no offers.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I really know next to nothing about the case. Are there any detailed accounts/articles? Or just general ones.

It’s possible it didn’t come up because the teams and league “knew” there would be no offers.

The league also risks a fight with the NHLPA by taking any firm action. Better, perhaps, to do nothing and let the risk do the work instead.

Reactions: Jettany

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Just flipped the month over…How ironic ?

Attachments

• 6F7BD85B-3D2A-48AA-A8C0-9E0170C0BD51.jpeg
    6F7BD85B-3D2A-48AA-A8C0-9E0170C0BD51.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad