Hart Trophy Tournament (1969-00) Round 2 Results

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
For those who missed Round 2 of the Tournament, here are the results:

Round 2 Matchups
70 Orr vs 71 Orr (11/20 Votes | 55%) Thread
76 Clarke vs 94 Fedorov (16/31 Votes | 51.6%) Thread
77 Lafleur vs 86 Gretzky (13/13 Votes | 100%) | Thread
82 Gretzky vs 84 Gretzky (12/22 Votes | 54.5%) Thread
87 Gretzky vs 88 Lemieux (23/36 Votes | 63.9%) Thread
91 Hull vs 93 Lemieux (26/29 Votes | 89.7%) | Thread
95 Lindros vs 98 Hasek (26/29 Votes | 89.7%) | Thread
96 Lemieux vs 99 Jagr (20/24 Votes | 83.3%) | Thread

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
A couple of surprises for me.

I thought 1982 Gretzky would beat 84. Not a huge deal - both are completely spectacular - but the more games/goals/assits/points/weaker team just seemed like an obvious one.

Glad to see Orr 71 beat Orr 70 - although they are super close.

I thought going into round 2 Lemieux 88 would beat Gretzky 87 - but by the time we got to that poll I actually voted Gretzly, and changed my mind. Close one. Also - it's rather fitting that Gretzky is the one with 3 seasons in round 3, above Lemieux, since he definitely has more high end seasons than Lemieux.

I really love the list of seasons to make it to round 3. Outside of duplicates by Orr or Gretzky - it feels like all the best seasons are there. I'm excited to see how the rest of the tournament goes.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
No real surprises. I wouldn't have been surprised with Fedorov '94 over Clarke '76, either. It came right down to the wire.

Looking forward to the rest.
Yeah that's probably the closest matchup I've seen since Kucherov vs Thornton in the 00-present tournament. First time I ever had to close a poll lol

A couple of surprises for me.

I thought 1982 Gretzky would beat 84. Not a huge deal - both are completely spectacular - but the more games/goals/assits/points/weaker team just seemed like an obvious one.

Glad to see Orr 71 beat Orr 70 - although they are super close.

I thought going into round 2 Lemieux 88 would beat Gretzky 87 - but by the time we got to that poll I actually voted Gretzly, and changed my mind. Close one. Also - it's rather fitting that Gretzky is the one with 3 seasons in round 3, above Lemieux, since he definitely has more high end seasons than Lemieux.

I really love the list of seasons to make it to round 3. Outside of duplicates by Orr or Gretzky - it feels like all the best seasons are there. I'm excited to see how the rest of the tournament goes.
I went into the 82 vs 84 one preferring 84 but expecting 82 to win but switched my vote to 82 after considering teammate quality. Funny how I expected to vote for the losing team but switched over to the actual losing team lol.

There were honestly some really good matchups this round that could've gone either way. Either of Orr's seasons could've won, the Clarke/Fedorov one was a deadlock, 82 vs 84 was good, and Gretzky vs Lemieux was closer than it seemed taking everything into account.

This coming round is probably gonna be more lopsided but Round 4 and onward should be really interesting.

Reactions: bobholly39

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad