Waived: Happy Trails Dale Weise (Waived - Unclaimed)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

phlflyer1

Oct 16, 2007
South Jersey
Weise to Calgary... E5

giphy.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Nolan being a friend to the end:

“Obviously, I’ve talked to him,” Patrick said. “I know what the situation is. Things happen quick in pro sports. Obviously, it’s a tough one to swallow. He’s a good body like that. I just hope he gets to go to another team and gets a shot there.”

And compare what Gordon says about Weise as opposed to Torts about Bob:

“I’m not sure what’s gonna happen after the break,” interim coach Scott Gordon said. “I just know that he started his break early. I think he’s still here and might’ve even skated on his own. I’m not even sure to be honest with you. I just know he wasn’t gonna be available to play in Montreal.”

Really?? Coach does not know what is going on? Obviously just keeping his mouth shut.

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Can't see another team taking him into their stable. Just put him out to stud already. It's not a bad life. I'm sure Hakstol has some broodmares for his liking.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nolan being a friend to the end:

“Obviously, I’ve talked to him,” Patrick said. “I know what the situation is. Things happen quick in pro sports. Obviously, it’s a tough one to swallow. He’s a good body like that. I just hope he gets to go to another team and gets a shot there.”

And compare what Gordon says about Weise as opposed to Torts about Bob:

“I’m not sure what’s gonna happen after the break,” interim coach Scott Gordon said. “I just know that he started his break early. I think he’s still here and might’ve even skated on his own. I’m not even sure to be honest with you. I just know he wasn’t gonna be available to play in Montreal.”

Really?? Coach does not know what is going on? Obviously just keeping his mouth shut.

Another strange situation in a season jam-packed with them.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Weise’s personality has rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning of his tenure here, when he was playing like shit & he whined about the lines. Can’t stand the guy.

I wouldn’t put it past him that he got pissed about Jonesey’s comments on the hot mic & threw a fit about that, too, & they told him to get lost.

Reactions: Domino666

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My sense of this is that they don't want him to go to the Phantoms

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Bigger trade eh? That's potentially exciting. As soon as we get him from Calgary I'm getting a Johnny Hockey jersey immediately :sarcasm:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wonder if the comment JJ & Jones said about not wanting to play on the fourth line or whatever has to do with this. Not necessarily the comments themselves but if that’s a thought throughout the organization that was fed to them at some point.
Weise was signed and paid to be a top 9 forward.

There must be something we aren't hearing about because it makes no sense for him to be passed by Lehtera, and he was having a much better season than he did last year, and whatever the issue, they weren't prepared to recall a forward.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And that is fine. But it's odd to travel to Montreal with only 12 forwards while Weise sits at home.

Gotta be a trade happening before the Montreal game is my thought.

You only need 12 b/c it's one game, if there's an injury, you can't use the 13the forward in any case (unless the injury occurred in the morning skate, but Neuvirth doesn't play forward).

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Weise was signed and paid to be a top 9 forward.

There must be something we aren't hearing about because it makes no sense for him to be passed by Lehtera, and he was having a much better season than he did last year, and whatever the issue, they weren't prepared to recall a forward.
Almost certainly an in-house discipline issue.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
wonder if he asked to be traded after being bumped from the line up. and they put him on wavers hoping someone would claim him. when no one did they told him to go home until they could make a trade that includes him as a piece.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
"With Philly, it was pretty direct, it was pretty honest. They said: ‘Here’s how much money we have, we’re not trying to sign anybody else. You’re the guy we want. Here’s what we can offer, here’s where we see it.’ That was a big thing for me. And then you look at their depth chart and their lineup and I think I fit in pretty well. Anywhere on their second or third line, I think I’m going to get an opportunity to play a lot, play on the power play, play everywhere. So I’m excited.”

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Weise is a delusional excuse-making machine. He started off horribly after they signed him to that stupid contract, and he whined and blamed it on the lines he was playing on. A year later, he again started off terribly, and when interviewed at the Flyers' Wives carnival he talked about how happy he was personally with his level of play. This season he actually started off halfway decent, but it wasn't long before, just as Keith Jones said, he was phoning it in if he wasn't getting the ice time he wanted. I absolutely cannot stand the guy, and Hextall deserves every bit of criticism he gets for handing Weise that ridiculous 4 year contract. Horrible misevaluation.

Reactions: baudib1

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I wonder if something g blew up after the footage of our media ripping him ?
Yeah, I speculated about that in one of these threads -- it wouldn't surprise me if Weise had a fit about Jones' comments on the hot mic and demanded the organization fire him, and/or confronted him, or something that ended with the organization telling him to stay away.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad