Handling of RFAs

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
While I am a Davidson supporter, I’m still amazed by this recurring handling of pending RFAs…not qualifying them and letting them walk for nothing?

DStrome, DKubalik, CJones and now I’m hearing TRaddysh? Can’t he even get say a 7th rounder for them in a trade? Or a like minded pending RFA from another team?

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
While I am a Davidson supporter, I’m still amazed by this recurring handling of pending RFAs…not qualifying them and letting them walk for nothing?

DStrome, DKubalik, CJones and now I’m hearing TRaddysh? Can’t he even get say a 7th rounder for them in a trade? Or a like minded pending RFA from another team?

Jones and Raddysh aren't comparable to Strome and Kubalik. Those two had high QOs that teams didn't want to pay for and maybe arbitration rights? Not sure on the latter.

Jones and Raddysh are both meh depth pieces that will go on to sign league minimum deals if they catch on, as Jones did last year with COL and as Raddysh may this off-season.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014

all of them had ARB rights and had at least one good season behind them. teams will not trade for players with ARB rights not knowing what they will be rewarded and you cannot walk away unless its over 4.5 mil(I think)

Reactions: Behn Wilson

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Strome and Kubalik were specifically not re-signed because Kyle was tanking for Bedard, and those guys would have won them some extra games. Mission accomplished.

Raddysh has zero value.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I get the original point, but every team has these types----if they had trade value, they would be qualified.
Yes but teams ALWAYS qualified them before, it’s just been recently that teams are no longer giving players AUTOMATIC raises

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
If he's not offered a QO, can Stauber be signed to a two-way AHL contract by Rockford or is there interest from other NHL clubs.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If he's not offered a QO, can Stauber be signed to a two-way AHL contract by Rockford or is there interest from other NHL clubs.
He can, but he might look elsewhere. If the Blackhawks sign some other backup, then Soderblom and Commesso are in the ahl, he might see a better fit elsewhere

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Raddysh is better than peopl Here give him credit for. ... as a 4th liner.
But a QO to him risks him getting a arb award based on his outlying 20 goals a year ago.
I like him but you don’t take that risk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad