Confirmed with Link: Hamilton going to a red team (The F1 Thread)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Leclerc + Hamilton is such a spicy lineup. I wonder if that means the Merc is gonna be shit again this year though

That, or they'll get Sainz and he'll have to grapple with the reality of being a #2 again (behind Russell) while being told he's a co-#1...

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Leclerc + Hamilton is such a spicy lineup. I wonder if that means the Merc is gonna be shit again this year though
I mean, Merc hasn't shown any signs on closing the gap to Red Bull in the past season. They barely edged out Ferrari and that was entirely due to Ferrari's reliability issues. Hell Mercedes would have most certainly finished further back than Ferrari in 23 than they did in 22 if not for those retirements.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
1708706205160.png

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Speaking of bangers, how about that Verstappen/Norris row?

That aside, I really can't stand the constant whining the drivers do now. "He's over the limit!" "He crossed the white line!" etc etc. I know the rules encourage it, but man is it annoying as hell.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Speaking of bangers, how about that Verstappen/Norris row?

That aside, I really can't stand the constant whining the drivers do now. "He's over the limit!" "He crossed the white line!" etc etc. I know the rules encourage it, but man is it annoying as hell.
I thought it was great racing, but definitely over the line by both. Norris was dive-bombing, sure, but he had to because Max was continuously moving under braking (a major no-no). The final contact was inevitable, but also bush-league from Max to turn into Norris going into the corner to force contact. And then for good measure ran him off the track on the straight after.

The 10 second penalty was a joke. Lando had his race ruined and Max had no consequences at all because of the gap. Eventually F1 has to hit Max hard for this shit, you can't have drivers intentionally wrecking others and creating dangerous situations without consequences. It's how you end up with another situation like Lewis punting Max in Silverstone that we are lucky didn't kill someone.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
I thought it was great racing, but definitely over the line by both. Norris was dive-bombing, sure, but he had to because Max was continuously moving under braking (a major no-no). The final contact was inevitable, but also bush-league from Max to turn into Norris going into the corner to force contact. And then for good measure ran him off the track on the straight after.

The 10 second penalty was a joke. Lando had his race ruined and Max had no consequences at all because of the gap. Eventually F1 has to hit Max hard for this shit, you can't have drivers intentionally wrecking others and creating dangerous situations without consequences. It's how you end up with another situation like Lewis punting Max in Silverstone that we are lucky didn't kill someone.

Maybe some supplemental discipline, but I think that's the same penalty you'd get for doing that while racing for, say, 14th place too.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon
Eventually F1 has to hit Max hard for this shit, you can't have drivers intentionally wrecking others and creating dangerous situations without consequences. It's how you end up with another situation like Lewis punting Max in Silverstone that we are lucky didn't kill someone.

They missed their train by not giving him any consequences for his actions earlier in his career. What he did today was really reminiscent of his first few years of conduct on the track. Though back then he didn't only move under braking but in a dangerous way on a straight line while going something like 320km/h.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad