DPb9NjNWAAI7rdJ.jpg

starting 5

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
consider the source however.. nothing official from flint or dogs yet

OHLInsiders(.com)‏ @OHLinsiders 26m26 minutes ago
More
TRADE: Hamilton sends Connor Roberts, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd to Flint for Nick Camanno, Ryan Moore. #OHL
Right. At least this time it looks likely he's got 3 of the players involved correct. So, I see Roberts hasn't put up a ton of points. Is it a lack of ice time? Just doesn't have a huge offensive upside or what? Being picked 3rd overall is a good sign and going off just a stat line is a horrible way to judge a player but I've only seen him play twice and I don't remember anything about him.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Right. At least this time it looks likely he's got 3 of the players involved correct. So, I see Roberts hasn't put up a ton of points. Is it a lack of ice time? Just doesn't have a huge offensive upside or what? Being picked 3rd overall is a good sign and going off just a stat line is a horrible way to judge a player but I've only seen him play twice and I don't remember anything about him.

dont forget he is a 6`4 215lb forward as well and sometimes people need a change of scenery

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Teri mentions that Caamano has history with Bitten and Saigeon... Once Mack is histor yyou will see Strome Moore Bitten Caamano Saigeon Mack or Caamno Moore Bitten / Strome Saigeon Mack either way good top 6

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
In the trade, Flint receives forward Connor Roberts, who was the third-overall pick in the 2016 OHL Priority Selection, from the Hamilton Bulldogs. In addition, the Firebirds receive three draft picks consisting of Hamilton’s second-round pick in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection, Sudbury’s third-round pick in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection and Hamilton’s third-round pick in the 2020 OHL Priority Selection. In return, the Firebirds trade forward’s Nick Caamano and Ryan Moore to the Hamilton Bulldogs.

Firebirds Acquire OHL First-Rounder Connor Roberts & Three Draft Picks in Trade with Hamilton – Flint Firebirds

Wow we kept all of our picks in 2018 thats a steal

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
I don't think the Dogs are done dealing yet. The extra draft picks they accumulated over the past two seasons will be used and then next year recuperated by moving Strome and Entwistle for their last year.This is the year they go for it. All in baby! Exciting times in the Hammer. (Now with this commitment to winning does LA consider sending Luff back for a long OHL playoff run?) Lets all stay tuned. Go Dogs!

CJinGrandBlanc

Apr 7, 2016
In the trade, Flint receives forward Connor Roberts, who was the third-overall pick in the 2016 OHL Priority Selection, from the Hamilton Bulldogs. In addition, the Firebirds receive three draft picks consisting of Hamilton’s second-round pick in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection, Sudbury’s third-round pick in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection and Hamilton’s third-round pick in the 2020 OHL Priority Selection. In return, the Firebirds trade forward’s Nick Caamano and Ryan Moore to the Hamilton Bulldogs.

Firebirds Acquire OHL First-Rounder Connor Roberts & Three Draft Picks in Trade with Hamilton – Flint Firebirds

Wow we kept all of our picks in 2018 thats a steal

Thanks HamiltonOHL for keeping us all informed as to the status and finalization of this deal. I'm presently at Auburn for today's football game and have limited internet access to get online as much as I would like.

Interesting that former Firebirds and current Bulldogs coach John Gruden has dealt for three of the Firebirds former elite (NHL drafted) players (Bitten, now Caamano and Moore). No surprise to me at all. Caamano and Moore will thrive with you guys and have made you a serious contender.

I'm told that Roberts first balked in coming to Flint and holding up the deal. The Bulldogs told Roberts that the plans were for him to continue as a 3rd line player. The opportunity for him to be able increase his ice time in Flint was the reasoning that he finally approved the deal.

I totally agree with you, the Bulldogs got a steal. Let me express my personal best wishes and success to Nick and Ryan in continuing their hockey careers in Hamilton.

Look for more movement of players out of Flint as the climate with the Firebirds here is very chaotic, putting it nicely.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Gruden has his work cut out for himself... Does he go back to success in Flint with NC Moore and Bitten as a line or with Chemistry with Saigeon before they played in OHL and have NC on a line with Sagieon

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
No question that Caamano and Moore have tons of offensive talent. However, they quit on their teammates and the paying customers in Flint. That is never okay! Having said this, I suspect they will get back to giving 100% again on what appears to be a really good elite team with solid ownership.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
No question that Caamano and Moore have tons of offensive talent. However, they quit on their teammates and the paying customers in Flint. That is never okay! Having said this, I suspect they will get back to giving 100% again on what appears to be a really good elite team with solid ownership.

I mean with all the stuff that happened in Flint, I think its best for a change of scenery for these guys. Being back with Bitten and Gruden I think will help them tremendously, and I'm hoping they get thrown on a line together. All three are exceptional talent that just never reached their potential in a Whalers or Birds jersey. I feel as if the Bulldogs got a steal. Best of luck to them, I'll definitely be tuning in to some games

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
After this trade, Bulldogs have to be one of the favorites in the Eastern Conference. Still might need a few more upgrades however, as they're still underdogs vs. the Soo Greyhounds and Sarnia Sting, who as of right now are the teams to beat to represent the OHL in the Memorial Cup..

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Although I don't know much about Caamano and Moore other than looking at stats and trying to find scouting reports (very limited for Moore), I like the added depth we got for what Hamilton had to trade.

Caamano adds depth on the wing and looks to be a two-way forward while Moore averages 51% on the faceoff. I didn't find much info on Moore but I wonder if he's a little similar to Bitten? Both can contribute to scoring which is something we lost a lot of over the summer. Kaliyev has been terrific for a rookie and Saigeon has greatly improved but overall the team hasn't scored as often as they should. Both guys will hopefully be among the team scoring leaders and Caamano arrives with with more goals (12) than our top scorers (Strome - 11, Saigeon - 10, Kaliyev - 9).

While I like the trade and the added depth, any legitimate contender and anyone in the Memorial Cup has had at least 1 or 2 high-end talent players,which is something Hamilton doesn't have. A few players who would be nice to have (and would be costly) are guys like Logan Brown, Gabriel Vilardi, Taylor Raddysh, and Robert Thomas.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
After this trade, Bulldogs have to be one of the favorites in the Eastern Conference. Still might need a few more upgrades however, as they're still underdogs vs. the Soo Greyhounds and Sarnia Sting, who as of right now are the teams to beat to represent the OHL in the Memorial Cup..
I completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad