Hamilton Bulldogs 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
Bulldogs are reporting they will have 46 players attending main camp. There must be a number of free agents invited.

Burnett is not averse to bringing in Free Agents for sure so it'll be interesting to see who's there.

bullsfan12345

Nov 16, 2014
I really doubt any free agents picks will be there, because if Burnett said 46 players are attending. There is 18 from this years draft, 16 from last years including Saigeon, Candella, Mendonca and Hanley. Than 15 returning players including Graham, Yuill and Harper. And also a possibility of the 2 European draft picks to come, So in total that is a number of 51 players, but in past years normally the year before draft some players do not attend. Wonder if he will post a roster for the scrimmage teams?

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
I really doubt any free agents picks will be there, because if Burnett said 46 players are attending. There is 18 from this years draft, 16 from last years including Saigeon, Candella, Mendonca and Hanley. Than 15 returning players including Graham, Yuill and Harper. And also a possibility of the 2 European draft picks to come, So in total that is a number of 51 players, but in past years normally the year before draft some players do not attend. Wonder if he will post a roster for the scrimmage teams?

That would be nice so we can get a glimpse of what the Bulls..,er, I mean the BullDogs might look like.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Went and purchased my season ticket today can't wait for season to begin.. First time season ticket holder of any sports teams.. The sales rep told me today based on their sales with season tickets so far they have more season tickets sold as a ohl then when they were a ahl team.. He said they are already at 1300 roughly so far and said that they are more interested in ohl then ahl

My wife just got us seasons this week; ticket rep supported the issue of the Habs association with the AHL team.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
Barclay Branch has moved on from the organization to become Sudbury's General Manager.

Good for Barclay, he got out from under the yoke of Burnett who many thought treated Barclay as just a PR talking head and never took input from him seriously.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
love the signing for the bulldogs of Entwhistle really like that player the few times I saw him. he should have no problem cracking the lineup as a third or fourth liner

Great draft pick. One of the best compete levels last year, tough player to play against. Agreed on the bottom 6. I wont be surprised to see him be in the Top 6 next year, as the big worker who can skate and make room for the skilled guys. NHL potential imo.

I think Saban has more potential than Candella

I dont think so. U can count on Candella workin his tail off. Candella or Saban dont have high IQ imo.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Guys like Bricknell, Colella and Ming need to step up and contribute. It won't take long to see if they can do it.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
If Subban plays in the AHL and neither Import signs, the D-core is looking like this:

Yuill (95) Morris (96)

Lemke (97) Saban (97)

Hanley (98) Candella (98)

Webb (99)

JJJMac

Apr 18, 2014
Last Year's Draftees

Is there a chance that any of the 98 draft choices have a shot at making the squad in Hamilton this year?

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Mendonca will have a great chance. Guys like Mizzi seem to be keeping their NCAA options open.

JJJMac

Apr 18, 2014
Mendonca signed last year though. Sorry, I meant will any of the unsigned 98s have a shot at signing this year. What about Prestia? I do know that Mizzi and a couple of the other later round picks are being chased by the NCAA

MrCheapGuy

Oct 16, 2014
Mendonca signed last year though. Sorry, I meant will any of the unsigned 98s have a shot at signing this year. What about Prestia? I do know that Mizzi and a couple of the other later round picks are being chased by the NCAA

Trade bait!!

JJJMac

Apr 18, 2014
Prestia had a decent yr last year in the GOJHL. I know the Bulls liked him coming out of training camp and he decided to keep the school option open. Mizzi started slow in the OJHL but had a good finish. Trumbla was hurt most of the year and then didn't play much in the OJHL. Crocker had a very good year in the GOJHL. McJannet started very slow and then came on to have a solid year in the GOJHL. Wondering if the Bulldogs will try to sign one or more of these players?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Prestia had a decent yr last year in the GOJHL. I know the Bulls liked him coming out of training camp and he decided to keep the school option open. Mizzi started slow in the OJHL but had a good finish. Trumbla was hurt most of the year and then didn't play much in the OJHL. Crocker had a very good year in the GOJHL. McJannet started very slow and then came on to have a solid year in the GOJHL. Wondering if the Bulldogs will try to sign one or more of these players?

I know the Bulls pushed hard to get Prestia signed but it's also fairly well known that he has some great NCAA options and I would assume the same for Mizzi and Crocker. If I was running the show I would be looking to upgrade the back end by packaging one of the above with a young Dman and/or picks.I thought Crocker was the most impressive of the three playing against their peers at Bulls rookie camp last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad