Halifax Mooseheads: 2018-2019 Thread

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
That was the best game I watched all season and the crowd of 7,500 were ecstatic. Patrick Roy raging on the bench was the highlight of the night but that goal was debateable. Huge Game 7 tonight very important game! If we win we will play Cape Breton unless Moncton wins their Game 7 against Baie Comeau then we play Moncton.
GO MOOSE GO!

Reactions: JoeyBeans

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Just seeing this series is going to a Game 7 tonight, Halifax is at home, be interesting to see if they can pull out the series win and prevent an upset.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Any picks on who will win the Drummondville vs Sherbrooke series? Seemingly the most even matchup of the second round, on paper.
Drummondville no doubt. Sherbrooke still rebuilding, they have 1-2 more seasons to get really good and they just lost one of their goalies Thommy Monette. While Drummondville has Maxime Comtois, Joseph Veleno, Olivier Rodrique and much more. Safe to say 2 of these Halifax, Drummondville, And Rouyn Noranda will be in the President Cup Final.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
I was at game 1 last night in Halifax against Moncton. Total domination by the Mooseheads. Hoping for more of the same in game 2. I will be also be in attendance tonight. Go Moose Go!

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Game 3 tomorrow night at 7pm Atlantic! If Moose win this they take a 3-0 series lead which would be huge! #GoMooseGo

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Still nothing on potential suspensions for Khovanov and Sylvestre. Hopefully something will come of it.

For those who didn't see: at the final buzzer Khovanov cross-checked Bishop in the head/neck area, dropping him and starting a scuffle. Khovanov tangled with Lavoie for a while and was met with a loud applause as he went off. Gabriel Sylvestre was one of the last Wildcats skating off the ice, he turned towards the Mooseheads end and did about 3 throat slash gestures which were really obvious and plain to see. I'm not sure exactly who he was gesturing to but I have heard that there is actual video of it that the league has.

I also noticed that Leclerc, the Moncton goalie who was pulled at the end of the game, came off the bench during the incident at the end and stood on the Mooseheads blueline. I'm fairly certain that's a misconduct and could warrant a suspension being in the last 10 minutes of the game.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Still nothing on potential suspensions for Khovanov and Sylvestre. Hopefully something will come of it.

For those who didn't see: at the final buzzer Khovanov cross-checked Bishop in the head/neck area, dropping him and starting a scuffle. Khovanov tangled with Lavoie for a while and was met with a loud applause as he went off. Gabriel Sylvestre was one of the last Wildcats skating off the ice, he turned towards the Mooseheads end and did about 3 throat slash gestures which were really obvious and plain to see. I'm not sure exactly who he was gesturing to but I have heard that there is actual video of it that the league has.

I also noticed that Leclerc, the Moncton goalie who was pulled at the end of the game, came off the bench during the incident at the end and stood on the Mooseheads blueline. I'm fairly certain that's a misconduct and could warrant a suspension being in the last 10 minutes of the game.
Wow that’s crazy thanks for the information! Looks like Sylvestre and Khovanov both got one but doesn’t seem that Leclerc will be disaplined. Big boost for the Mooseheads to have those guys out. Also possibility Aspirot may not play due to injury and Spence just coming back to the lineup. Game 2 on Saturday I saw Monctons backup goalie Lavalle wasn’t on the bench on Saturday and goaltender Alec MacDonald was called up. If Leclerc were to be suspended and Lavalle is hurt that’d not be good for Moncton. Either way it’s not good for Moncton and either way big game tonight for the Mooseheads to try making the series 3-0! Hopefully they play the way they’ve been playing recently and don’t back off! You know Monctons gonna go very hard on them especially at home. Go Moose Go!

Reactions: Patmac40

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Halifax Mooseheads will be playing the extremely powered forward depth team of the Drummondville Voltigeurs in the Semi Final round of the QMJHL Playoffs! With Drummondville being 2nd in the league and Halifax being behind in 3rd, Drummondville will have home ice advantage in a 2-2-1-1-1 format. It’s gonna be a hell of a battle! Starting Goaltender and Edmonton Oilers Prospect Olivier Rodrique will be out for the series and backup Anthony Morrone will get the start in the series. Morrone has a 2.12GAA and a 0.898% SV’s so far in the playoffs and he’s gotten all the starts. Benoit Olivier Groulx will remain out indefinitely with no sign of a return. Drummondville ended the regular season with the most Goals For (GF) as well with 338. Halifax got 4th with 300. As Goals Against goes though Halifax has 164 which is 2nd and Drummondville has 173 which is 3rd! As for the other Semi Final matchup it will be the Rouyn Noranda Huskies and the Rimouski Oceanic.

Here’s the players who have 8 points and over for both teams going into the series
-
Raphael Lavoie 11GP | 13G 7A | 20P
Joseph Veleno 10GP | 6G 6A | 12P
Antoine Morand 11GP | 4G 8A | 12P
Maxime Comtois 10GP | 8G 3A | 11P
Maxim Trepanier 10GP | 3G 7A | 10P
Samuel Asselin 10GP | 3G 7A | 10P
Dawson Mercer 10GP | 3G 7A | 10P
Felix Lauzon 10GP | 6G 3A | 9P
Gregor MacLeod 10GP | 6G 3A | 9P
Pavel Koltygin 10GP | 4G 5A | 9P
Xavier Simoneau 10GP | 3G 6A | 9P
Arnaud Durandeau 11GP | 4G 4A | 8P
Justin Barron 11GP | 1G 7A | 8P

Buckle up Moose Country it’s gonna be a good one! GO MOOSE GO!

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Just found out that Ryan Falkenham is an assistant coach for Drummondville. Nice to see he's still involved in hockey, he was one of those unsung heroes from the Memorial Cup season. Don't know if I ever saw a player who worked harder.

Reactions: Killahpunk

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Just found out that Ryan Falkenham is an assistant coach for Drummondville. Nice to see he's still involved in hockey, he was one of those unsung heroes from the Memorial Cup season. Don't know if I ever saw a player who worked harder.
I knew about that but totally forgot about it! Very interesting I guess whoever wins this series there is still at least little piece of moose moving on to the final. Gonna an intense battle that’s for sure.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good to go back to Halifax with a split in the series. Will be interesting to see what the games in Halifax will bring.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00