Hal Gill tried to to settle down Subban - "He never listened to me and good for him"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Because he's shamelessly arrogant and self promoting?

He comes across like he probably is. So overly impressed with himself that it's probably real hard to take as a teammate. Finds himself a whole lot more interesting and entertaining than he is. A real whole lot more.

Wonder why so many people feel compelled to question the motives of anyone who doesn't think PK is so wonderful? LOL

I'll answer that. Smug self righteousness, fake moral superiority and virtue signaling.

and why does this bother you?

Not even saying it's true...but the question remains, why does that bother you so much?

How does his arrogance and self-promotion bother you, in your life?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Hal Gill was also a boring personality. No surprise there.

I think you are confusing Gill's style of play with his personality. I thought "Skillsy" was funny in a self deprecating kind of way.

I remember Gill and Subban paired together during the 2010 playoffs. It way actually quite decent.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Seriously. I honestly can't take it anymore. What in the world has he done to deserve this crap? The NHL culture makes me sick to my stomach.

Will they give up soon? Everyone on of these turns into the guy saying they got to know Subban and like him, and how he was good at frustrating opposition, and how he is always trying to be positive in the room, etc...

It's not working if they are trying to make Subban look bad :) Great teammate and annoying to play against, with the ability to back up all your chirping/cockiness, is the best personality to have in sports.

Last edited:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Seriously. I honestly can't take it anymore. What in the world has he done to deserve this crap? The NHL culture makes me sick to my stomach.

He doesn't behave like a humble, well-mannered black man with the requisite reservedness. Damnit, he is promoting his face "everywhere" even though Peyton Manning put his face out there on a much wider scale.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
All P.K. has to say now to make this go uber viral is....Make Hockey Great Again! The horror of bringing some fun to the game for some is beyond ridiculous.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
NHL/hockey culture is so outdated/boring...freedom of expression is viewed as a crime.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Hal Gill wasn't bashing Subban, he supports him. Subban is arguably the best defenseman in the league, at worst the 2nd best. He's going to pick up some haters along the way, Hal Gill isn't one of them...he mentored Subban quite a bit and they respected each other.

That dumb good for nothing ***** John Scott is though, poor little **** stain got his undeserved 15m of fame and wanted some more so he had to bring up Subban.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
NHL/hockey culture is so outdated/boring...freedom of expression is viewed as a crime.
Is it a surprise? Whenever someone starts to talk about P.K. in perhaps a negative way, what the first thing they assume?

Well, he's black. So it must be a racism problem.

Welcome to the world we live in. Where everybody is hyper sensitive.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
There's this wild concept of letting guys be who they are and it can often allow them to flourish. Nashville decided to embrace him and now they are in the Stanley Cup final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad