Post-Game Talk: Hainsey still in our hearts. Jets beat Leafs and win 3-1

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
But hey I understand that it’s been a very successful season and that’s the only negative you’ve got left . It must be making you mad this magical season

What a ridiculous retort. Just because some of us doubt this team's ability to go far in the playoffs doesn't mean we aren't enjoying the improvement we've seen during the regular season. It gives us hope we're on the right track. There is a happy middle ground between unbridled euphoria and wailing and gnashing of teeth, you know.

Last edited:

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
And the award for the most awkward and unintelligent question ever asked in a sports interview goes to the woman who starts speaking at the 1:06 mark...

"Bushwhacked"? Are you f***ing serious?!?! :laugh:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
What a ridiculous retort. Just because some of us doubt this team's ability to go far in the playoffs doesn't mean we aren't enjoying the improvement we've seen during the regular season. It gives us hope we're on the right track. There is a happy middle ground between unbridled euphoria and wailing and gnashing of teeth, you know.

Traotting out that ridiculous narrative of “never won a playoff game” is a very different thing than what you are saying. People can be nervous and bite their finger nails. Go for it. Where did I say you couldn’t do that? I didn’t

It means absolutely nothing. If we had won the Stanley Cup that year that would also mean absolutely nothing as far as this year’s playoffs are concerned

Last edited by a moderator:

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Apparently, the concussion spotters were no where to be found last night according to Trana fans. Probably too busy eating cilantro.
The hit from behind on fefe was the dirtiest play of the game

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
LOL...rusty Trouba looked like something else on first glance.
cHo2UFQ.jpg

Reactions: Jets 31

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
If Hughson/Simpson cover our games in the playoffs they'll become Jets homers, just like for every team they cover.
Yeah but they won't have that nice, little cute familiarity with everything the team does, like they do with the Leafs.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
And the award for the most awkward and unintelligent question ever asked in a sports interview goes to the woman who starts speaking at the 1:06 mark...

"Bushwhacked"? Are you ****ing serious?!?! :laugh:
Ya he bushwacked him alright , did nobody in Toronto see Scheif try and catch and hold Maciwiney as he hit him ? What a joke . :huh:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Yeah but they won't have that nice, little cute familiarity with everything the team does, like they do with the Leafs.

Sigh they won't know anything about our team.
The comments on Sportsnet broadcasts are sadly lacking any real insight to the Jets.
Beyek may call Ehlers - Enstrom sometimes but at least he knows a lot about the team.
If I could actually get a 1290 feed to sync up properly with the TV I'd listen to that instead.
Sigh...

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
And it only took him 250 more games to do it.
Cheer up eh ! Maurice is a good coach and according to Ron Maclean he is doing it with only 1 eye , i guess the other eye is made from wood like the pirate in Pirates of the Caribbean . :laugh:

Reactions: jefferoni

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Sigh they won't know anything about our team.
The comments on Sportsnet broadcasts are sadly lacking any real insight to the Jets.
Beyek may call Ehlers - Enstrom sometimes but at least he knows a lot about the team.
If I could actually get a 1290 feed to sync up properly with the TV I'd listen to that instead.
Sigh...
I literally laughed when Hughson set it up for Simpson to talk about the Jets underrated D core and he barely knew who they were. He muttered something about Enstrom, made up some generic comment about Morrissey and clearly had no idea Kulikov plays for this team and could be back.

I actually felt embarrassed for him.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Traotting out that ridiculous narrative of “never won a playoff game” is a very different thing than what you are saying. People can be nervous and bite their finger nails. Go for it. Where did I say you couldn’t do that? I didn’t

It means absolutely nothing. If we had won the Stanley Cup that year that would also mean absolutely nothing as far as this year’s playoffs are concerned
Ok, I will say it "we have a chance"! FYI, not trying to be be derisive at all. Your posts are the first I read in the GDT as I like to find relevant, current info.........as much as I like spices, beer and complaining about Sportsnet, anthems etc.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
1. Great game by our boys
2. Hughson is biased and annoying
3. For a supposed Selke contender, Matthews gave the puck away a few times last night

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
They are only a checking line if a checking line is supposed to play the whole game in the offensive zone scoring goals.....

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Not looking forward to this broadcast crew calling our games in the post season. I might just PVR the games and try to sync up Beyak and friends on 1290.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Just watched last nights Sports Center.
The Leafs / Jets highlight package included...
Pre game Matthews / Laine hype.
Leafs goal.
Laine not scoring (but skipped the part where that led to our first goal)
McElhinney getting run into.
Gardiner penalty.
Babock displeasure
Buff Goal
Oh and by the way Jets win 3-1...

If the Leafs scored 3 or more goals we would have seen every single one on the highlights.
William Karlson's (VEG SH) goal also wouldn't have been the lead story.

One caveat is that had this been a TSN broadcast they would have showed more TSN always favors their own programming (obviously).

We as a fan base are fairly thin skinned but sometimes the conspiracy is real ;)

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Cheer up eh ! Maurice is a good coach and according to Ron Maclean he is doing it with only 1 eye , i guess the other eye is made from wood like the pirate in Pirates of the Caribbean . :laugh:

I think Ron Maclean should have elaborated on that a bit. He made it sound like Maurice has a fake or glass eye :arr: as a result of an injury while playing hockey. The fact is a puck ricocheted off his stick striking him in the eye during a charity hockey game. As a result of the incident, he still has a blind spot and suffers fuzziness on the right side of his vision. However, both his eyes are real. :speechles

:jets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad