GDT: HABS vs SENS - HAMMOND TIME! EDITION - FEB. 18th - 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Not really. Hogberg is a bit of an unknown at this point (at least to me). I imagine they'll draft another goalie this draft.

I personally think if they are to draft a goalie, Lehner should move out for a forward. Ottawa already has a deep defensive unit from Karlsson to Ceci, but they only have a couple of forward assets, such as Ryan and Zibanejad. If Lehner can be traded for a winger or another center, that can increase the team's depth.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I personally think if they are to draft a goalie, Lehner should move out for a forward. Ottawa already has a deep defensive unit from Karlsson to Ceci, but they only have a couple of forward assets, such as Ryan and Zibanejad. If Lehner can be traded for a winger or another center, that can increase the team's depth.

Our goalie depth doesn't allow for any of that to happen. Drafting a goalie only helps us out 4-5 years down the line.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I'm really not sure who is actually worse Gryba or Phillips..

We have too many 7th Ds. Half our arguments are whether this 7th D is better or that 7th D.

Gryba is a healthy scratch on a good team.
Phillips is a healthy scratch on a good team.
Borowiecki is a healthy scratch on a good team. I pick him to keep.He's the best of these guys.
Wiercioch i a healthy scratch on a good team.

Cowen is a bottom pairing defenseman on a good team.

Basically karlsson as a # 1, methot as a #3, Ceci as a #4,cowen as a #6, borowiecki as a #7. Get rid of the rest. Bring in a #2, and a #5 and we're good.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata

I'm one of the few who would agree with you on that, but that's only because I think Anderson has another 5-6 seasons in him.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We have too many 7th Ds. Half our arguments are whether this 7th D is better or that 7th D.

Borowiecki is a healthy scratch on a good team. I pick him to keep.He's the best of these guys.

Basically karlsson as a # 1, methot as a #3, Ceci as a #4,cowen as a #6, borowiecki as a #7. Get rid of the rest. Bring in a #2, and a #5 and we're good.

Methot's a #2 on THIS team. We need a second pairing guy to play with Ceci and Cowen can remain on the 3rd pairing with whomever is left.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I'm one of the few who would agree with you on that, but that's only because I think Anderson has another 5-6 seasons in him.

I agree. If Anderson were retiring in a season or two, I would not have Lehner traded. I think if they are really thinking of trading him, they should trade him early, while he has value.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013

I think Methot is good enough to handle #2 responsibilities I would suggest trading for Mattias Ekholm he would look great next to Ceci. Not sure what Nashville would wan't for him though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad