Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Kings

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I think it will be extremely difficult for Habs to fire MSL. He is buddies with Hughes
MSL is not going anywhere any time soon.
The only reason he wouldn't last these next 3 years of his contract would be if he stepped down himself, and he won't.

They are building something all-together here, and there is no way they will bring in some other coach with his own agenda right smack in the middle of the brewing process

I don't know who this will upset to hear, but honestly, tough

Who the hell else do you even bring in that won't turn the players off from the good vibes of the current constructing

Marty ain't going anywhere
As our actual team personnel gets more and more upgraded for the better
Then the team will do much better as well
Right now it's all about patience,
Which as we know, the average Hab fan here does not have.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
MSL is not going anywhere any time soon.
The only reason he wouldn't last these next 3 years of his contract would be if he stepped down himself, and he won't.

They are building something all-together here, and there is no way they will bring in some other coach with his own agenda right smack in the middle of the brewing process

I don't know who this will upset to hear, but honestly, tough

Who the hell else do you even bring in that won't turn the players off from the good vibes of the current constructing

Marty ain't going anywhere
As our actual team personnel gets more and more upgraded for the better
Then the team will do much better as well
Right now it's all about patience,
Which as we know, the average Hab fan here does not have.
Right now I agree he ain't going anywhere

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
That 3rd pairing dmen won't be playing on the top pairing, the top pairing is Hutson/Guhle and it's already better over 200 feet than Matheson/Guhle over the last 3 games where they played quite a bit together.

What is needed is a defensive partner for Barron and/or a defensive partner for Xhekaj. Struble can fit into one of those two spots if he can play RD. But Matheson has shown he can't fill that role each with Barron in the last 3 games. And Savard looks done at this point...

So who's playing on the 2nd pairing?
Barron and Xhekaj haven't looked good so far this season despite playing bottom pairing min, Struble has yet to play a game this season so it remains to be seen how he performs, and you said Savard is done at this point. So none of them should ideally be playing on the top 4 right now. Without Matheson, this team would need 2 more top 4 D, so sounds like horrible idea to trade Matheson.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Any veteran 3-4 D we can find can replace most of his minutes and play way better defense, all for a cheaper price than he's going to want (presumably).
You mean someone like Brett Pesce (6x5.5) or Brady Skjei (7x7)? Zadorov (6x5), Dumba (2x3.75).

Or 34 year old TJ Brodie (2x3.75), 34 year old Chris Tanev (6x4.5), 33 year old OEL (4x3.5)?

These are the most notable D-men I could find who signed this summer. I’m thinking Matheson probably signs in this 6x5 range as well, pro-rated with cap going up.

I think it’s slim pickings overall for reliable defensemen which would be the main reason why we aren’t in a hurry to dispose of Matheson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad