Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Kings

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
We have to aim for win here. They will play in Toronto the night before and their defense looked horrible without Doughty against Sens.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Since the Kings suck defensively this year and will have let in more goals than the Habs by the time they meet up tomorrow and this is the back of a back-to-back to them. I expected them to win and shutout the Habs entirely.

That's usually how it goes. This team never shows up against weakened opponents.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Since the Kings suck defensively this year and will have let in more goals than the Habs by the time they meet up tomorrow and this is the back of a back-to-back to them. I expected them to win and shutout the Habs entirely.

That's usually how it goes. This team never shows up against weakened opponents.
Do they have an obscure rookie French goalie in their system that can play their one and only NHL game against us? Danault will pot a pair as well

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I am going to that game on Thursday with a friend. He lives in Germany, but is originally from Slovenia. He is visiting for a few days and it will be his first NHL game ever. What better way to do it than by watching Anze Kopitar, the only Slovenian player in the league?

Should be fun.

• Love
Reactions: Shred

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Let's f***ing go.

I worry about Byfield and Brandt Clarke. Don't want to see their young guns look better than ours.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I read an article about Matheson's defence this morning.

Short version, his defensive play as gotten worst every season with the Habs. His best season was 2022-2023 and so far this season, he's been worst than last year where he was already rather bad.

Then I saw a comment reporting post elsewhere about how some media people are prehemptively complaining that the Habs wil lose Matheson to free agency.

I'm not a huge fan of JFresh and his models but this is pretty bad.
It's pretty bad because the Habs defense has been very crap at stopping players from gettting in front of the net against Pits and Boston.

Reactions: Canadienna

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
This is more of a coaching issue than just painting this like we have shit players. There are plenty of teams fairing better than us that have nothing to brag about in the talent department. MSL and his staff need to up their games.
Exactly this, our coaches don't know what to do without the puck, it's pretty lame

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Exactly this, our coaches don't know what to do without the puck, it's pretty lame
You can't compete in this league without a competent defensive system, teams are too fast and talented and the numbers don't lie. There is no excuse to be doing that poorly and we all see the team getting hemmed in for 1-2 minute stretches, it is a joke to watch. If this continues till the 20 game mark it wouldn't be a shock to see a shakeup behind the bench. Yes, we are rebuilding but one would have to think the powers that be are expecting improvements both on and off the ice.

Reactions: EveryDay

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I don't know if its that they don't know what to do without the puck or that they don't know how to coach what to do without the puck. It feels like their system calls for a lot of active thought by players and a lot of back passing, and all its really doing is slowing the team down and giving opponents the initiative.

Most top teams play at a frenetic pace and Montreal can't and/or wont do that.

Reactions: Theodore450

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad