Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Blues

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I'm not watching any Habs games that Arber Xhekaj isn't playing in. Even then, it's 50/50. I'm so sick of this shit. I'm finally sick of it. Skipped the last two games already... every year, we're supposed to be in the last year of suckery, only to learn we are still the same shit pile with a few new names on jerseys.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm not watching any Habs games that Arber Xhekaj isn't playing in. Even then, it's 50/50. I'm so sick of this shit. I'm finally sick of it. Skipped the last two games already... every year, we're supposed to be in the last year of suckery, only to learn we are still the same shit pile with a few new names on jerseys.
💯 %

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl

ok see you at 7pm on Saturday

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I am at that point too. There is absolutely ZERO entertainment value in watching this team. MSL having an napoleon syndrome or something resulting in Habs', and arguably the league's toughest player no being dressed when his team is getting ass kicking game after game is nothing that help to want watching the games. And it's not like he is worse than those MSL plays again of him. YOu can't tell me Mallioux, Barron and even Savard play better defense than Arbs.

I swear every morning I wake up in a hope I see a headline that MSL resigned (pretty sure Hughes won't fire him).

Last edited:

Habs

Who needs Michkov when you've got Bustbacher
Feb 28, 2002

That's pretty much how I feel, if we are going to lose AND get the shit beat out of us, I'll just watch the highlights. I'm sure we will see Cole Nick Gallagher/Armia soon, the fans are really in for a treat.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We are so messed up right now it's not even funny anymore!! Thi rebuild is going to last another 4-5 seasons isn't?
1729779572432.png

Nope.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
We are so messed up right now it's not even funny anymore!! Thi rebuild is going to last another 4-5 seasons isn't?

You know when a rebuild starts but not when it will end. It may last 5 years or 20. There are examples of both in the NHL right now.

Entering a full rebuild is a risky thing...but we pretty much had no choice because of piss poor management.

That being said, it sucks and is pretty much unacceptable. Asking fans to be patient and continue to support a sucky team is like if a baker would tell his customers to continue buying his shit pie until he finds a way to replace shit by raspberries in 5 years. It would not work.

It's the reality of modern sport though. I wish there was a mechanism in place other than the better draft picks. Maybe something like an expansion draft that would let the bottom teams pick an unprotected player from the best teams?
I don't know but the worst teams stay at the bottom for too long imo.

Maybe the solution could be to get more teams in the playoffs (or a pre playoff round robin for a group of teams).

Anyway rebuilds are not fun...unless you get to see a generational talent evolve.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I love MSL as a person but a coach he is not. Our PP sucks, our pk is starting to get exposed now, and his overall 5 vs 5 system has us in our own zone for minutes at a time. I don't see us winning anytime soon. Midget coaching at it's best.
Our PP I agree that it doesn’t feel dangerous our PK doesn’t feel that strong either but we are a team that should be in the mix at best and when Laine when down the mix was already pretty wishful thinking and now we have a bunch smaller injuries to significant player… our PP% is middle of the road, our PK is among the best in the league… Everyone keep going on about the system / man to man yet when we get stuck in our zone for over 1 minute it usually because at lease 1 if not multiple player didn’t execute (pass/ clearing attempt) 30sec in and every time it gave the other team another 30 sec to me the issue isn’t just strategy but there a bigger issue with guys playing with zero urgency, there always someone that isn’t ready or focus… training camp and preseason was a mess or weird at best and it continues to show on the ice right now… MSL has is responsibility but I have a bigger issue with not sending Dach in shootout, than anything else, players need to wake up and get their head in the game…

Reactions: Habs4Life

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The Thief of Joy! 💀
You know as well as I do that he isn't going to sit back and allow this to drag on for 4-5 more years lol.

I listen to what is said and what isn't lol. Gorton said in a recent interview that he feels that the Habs are close to adding their Panarin to the rebuild and when I read that I saw Molson's fingerprints. We are not going to be at the bottom of the standings for 3-4 more years.

Drafting Demidov and Hage was a big step forward and I expect some of the draft currency in the bank to be used to get us some veteran help that bolsters the lineup. We will be free of Armia and Dvorak after this season and next year will give us the push to the playoffs.

Geoff Molson as owner has been the owner of the least successful on ice product in the history of this team. All his doing.
He's worth 1.5 billion and has a top 3 franchise valuation, he isn't going to allow this franchise to become the Buffalo Sabres.

Reactions: Runner77

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

We are year 3, it takes 5-8 years for rebuilding teams to make the playoffs consistently.

It took 5 years even with the Penguins drafting Crosby and Malkin, so you can plan for the higher end of the timelines for us.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
We are year 3, it takes 5-8 years for rebuilding teams to make the playoffs consistently.

It took 5 years even with the Penguins drafting Crosby and Malkin, so you can plan for the higher end of the timelines for us.
I don't know about 8 years, but I was ok in the 3-5 years. We were all hoping for a NYR type of rebuild/retool, especially after the Dach and Newhook trades in the 2 b2b off seasons.. But now, I just don't see it and the injuries happening to our younger players is even more worrisome to me.

I guess that's just me

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't know about 8 years, but I was ok in the 3-5 years. We were all hoping for a NYR type of rebuild/retool, especially after the Dach and Newhook trades in the 2 b2b off seasons.. But now, I just don't see it and the injuries happening to our younger players is even more worrisome to me.

I guess that's just me

Everyone's ok with a shorter time line but that's just the reality. We can hope it goes quicker but be ready for the longer version, it usually takes hitting a franchise talent with a top pick, we might have ours with Demidov but even Bedard couldn't turn the Hawks around in one year.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
It's in the longer side of things but it was definitely a possibility when the rebuild started 3 years ago with the way Bergevin mismanaged the team.

There's no guarantee here. Being out of a rebuild in 3 years is very ambitious and you need everything to work out perfectly.

It's a long process and it will be painful. This was never supposed to be fun. This is not a quick fix solution but I believe we have the right people in place to take the proper decisions and make this a long term success.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Well.. they are going to stop calling it a rebuild :)

It's in the longer side of things but it was definitely a possibility when the rebuild started 3 years ago with the way Bergevin mismanaged the team.

There's no guarantee here. Being out of a rebuild in 3 years is very ambitious and you need everything to work out perfectly.

It's a long process and it will be painful. This was never supposed to be fun. This is not a quick fix solution but I believe we have the right people in place to take the proper decisions and make this a long term success.
See... that's the thing... i no longer believe we have the right people to do it.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
We only have 3 top6 players in the lineup and no true top pairing guys. Our starting goalie is a waiver wire question mark and we lack physicality throughout the lineup.

Maybe we'll get to see how we look when healthy later on in the season, but this lineup on paper has to be amongst the weakest in the league and our record reflects that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad