Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Alex Barré-Boulet (1-Year, 1-Way @ $775K)

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Compete level is useless if he is nit creating chances.. yeah we "won" last night if u can call that a win... ABB tries hard, but the NHL is not the place for hope and effort.. Results matter. He had ZERO shots, and ZERO scoring opportunities.. he's undersized and not very strong.. why oh why does this guy take the place of a rookie?
I don't know how you can have a take such as this watching the game last night. To each his own I guess, but I disagree.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Fell asleep towards end of the 3rd. Owning 2 malamutes and also running 40-50 miles a week has this old man in bed by 9-930 these days. It was everything I had to get through two periods. ABB had a great game from what I seen. I would leave him in. There will be plenty of opportunity for Kapanen to get reps imo.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A career minor leaguer who is very small is now a staple on the Habs top 3 lines. No wonder this team doesn't improve.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
A career minor leaguer who is very small is now a staple on the Habs top 3 lines. No wonder this team doesn't improve.
On the flip side, the scouts took a chance on a very small dman at their first draft after teams passed on him 61 times. He's now our best defenseman and one of our best pieces going forward.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He's a classic tweener, he's good enough to be in the NHL if a guy gets injured and have a few good performances here and there but not good enough to stay there long term. He's not fit for a pure energy/checking line role either, that's just not his game. He'll be very useful in Laval, though.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
On the flip side, the scouts took a chance on a very small dman at their first draft after teams passed on him 61 times. He's now our best defenseman and one of our best pieces going forward.
At 27 ABB has pretty much established himself as a fringe NHL player.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
At 27 ABB has pretty much established himself as a fringe NHL player.

I didn't watch the game. I only saw some highlights. I did see the Bruins able to use their size to cycle and maintain pressure. So I can understand if that's where the frustration ABB is coming from. I hope I get to watch more to see. While I don't want a team that gets out played by a heavy game. I also want some IQ in the lineup to balance out the Armias and Andersons.

Last night was the second of a back to back. I'm hesitant to make judgements based on back to backs.

But Primeau has no excuse.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I didn't watch the game. I only saw some highlights. I did see the Bruins able to use their size to cycle and maintain pressure. So I can understand if that's where the frustration ABB is coming from. I hope I get to watch more to see. While I don't want a team that gets out played by a heavy game. I also want some IQ in the lineup to balance out the Armias and Andersons.

Last night was the second of a back to back. I'm hesitant to make judgements based on back to backs.

But Primeau has no excuse.
There was no excuse not to have Pezzetta in the line up.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I don't think he's a staple.. MSL gave him a chance due to his pre-season, that chance won't be a long one if he doesn't provide anything.

It's worthwhile sometimes to give them their shot.. ABB is kinda in the same spot a Verhaege/Marchessault was.

Reactions: 26Mats

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Tbh it really killed the team's defensive capabilities to have ABB, gally, Cole on separate lines. It makes an easy to exploit side on nearly every line. ABB probably won't make it past October but I'd rather see him with Dach and Newhook if we are going to try a small skilled guy getting a chance. Armias not adding offense obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad