Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Alex Barré-Boulet (1-Year, 1-Way @ $775K)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Doubt it. Imagine icing a roster with thin depth up the middle and you get injuries where you have to rush Beck and Kapanen while they are trying to develop the right way in Laval. That has ripple effects to both Beck and Kapanen and Laval.

Suzuki. Enough said

Dach. Needs a rebound and to be the guy we think he can be. That was suppose to be last year. The Hage pick makes a lot of sense. I call it Dach insurance.

Dvorak and Evans. Believe it or not, we need them. This is not a rebuilding/tank season. It's a transition year

Newhook is not a full time center. He's a puck possession winger who can play center if needed (injuries). A great piece to have in the mix but if your plan is to have him as a full time center, it's not a good plan. Trust Sakic on this one

Beck and Kapanen should play Laval all season. Need to learn how to play against men and gain momentum/confidence the right way. Maybe a few NHL games to give them a taste

Hage is years away.

Kapanen will play in Sweden this season unless he makes the Habs.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Kapanen will play in Sweden this season unless he makes the Habs.

Even worse if we move one or both of Evans or Dvorak. Bouncing Beck around in his 1st pro season is not good development IMO.

Newhook should be the NHL center insurance. Not Beck. Evans and Dvorak are needed to allow time to let Beck and Kapanen develop properly

Reactions: NewDef

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
RHP, Farrell, Tuch, Heineman, Kidney... These guys need to step it up or they are the next Ylonen and Harris.
Heineman has the size to play 4th line if nothing else, though I had great hopes for him... Tuch is maybe 4th line. Maybe. Kinda like Davidson.

RHP, Farrell, Kidney are top 9 or nothing due to size and most likely nothing...

It is what it is. Big boys win more battles. Hockey is war. He who has the puck more wins...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Heineman has the size to play 4th line if nothing else, though I had great hopes for him... Tuch is maybe 4th line. Maybe. Kinda like Davidson.

RHP, Farrell, Kidney are top 9 or nothing due to size and most likely nothing...

It is what it is. Big boys win more battles. Hockey is war. He who has the puck more wins...

Tuch will be an NHLer because of his combo of size/speed/skating.

Davidson needs to work on speed/skating if he wants to reach the NHL.

Farrell is very smart but you can't be small, ave speed/skating, until that changes but if it does then I think he will be an NHLer.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
I’m sure he’ll see some games in the NHL along the way, but I expect to see him the AHL for most part of the season.

He’s a player that needs offensive opportunities to produce and unless there’s a lot of injuries he shouldn’t see that many.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad