Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Alex Barré-Boulet (1-Year, 1-Way @ $775K)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
It's a 1 way deal, so I think he starts in Montreal come October. For those of you who think he's a Laval call up, I doubt it. They didn't land an UFA, so they will try to make it work.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's a 1 way deal, so I think he starts in Montreal come October. For those of you who think he's a Laval call up, I doubt it. They didn't land an UFA, so they will try to make it work.

The 1-way is just incentive needed to get one of the best AHL vet available.

It's also extremely early to say they haven't "landed a UFA".

We only have 1 forward spot (12 forwards on roster already) to fill barring a trade and I believe it would go to Roy before going to ABB.

Reactions: Fenris

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
The 1-way is just incentive needed to get one of the best AHL vet available.

It's also extremely early to say they haven't "landed a UFA".

We only have 1 forward spot (12 forwards on roster already) to fill barring a trade and I believe it would go to Roy before going to ABB.
I am sure one of Dvorak or Armia gets traded before training camp, maybe with retention, but there are guys like Beck, Heinemen, etc. coming up.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I am sure one of Dvorak or Armia gets traded before training camp, maybe with retention, but there are guys like Beck, Heinemen, etc. coming up.

Takes two to tango on Dvorak/Armia.

As Hughes said, they want a FA on a short term deal. It won't block the kids. They'll have their chance at TDL at the lastest when Armia and Dvorak are gone. Obviously sooner if the trades happen or injuries occur.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Takes two to tango on Dvorak/Armia.

As Hughes said, they want a FA on a short term deal. It won't block the kids. They'll have their chance at TDL at the lastest when Armia and Dvorak are gone. Obviously sooner if the trades happen or injuries occur.
I wonder if Dvorak is some kind of cancer locker room. I don't think so. I'm not starting false rumours here but his low level of play doesn't help the team with the youngs who try to improve. That being said, I don't think Dvo was an huge inflluence negative or positive, because he has been on the injury list so much time.

I hope he will be traded soon enough. Nothing against him personally, he just didn't fill the expectations and as a fan I wasn't very excited by his play in general.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I wonder if Dvorak is some kind of cancer locker room. I don't think so. I'm not starting false rumours here but his low level of play doesn't help the team with the youngs who try to improve. That being said, I don't think Dvo was an huge inflluence negative or positive, because he has been on the injury list so much time.

I hope he will be traded soon enough. Nothing against him personally, he just didn't fill the expectations and as a fan I wasn't very excited by his play in general.
Dvorak as played around 150 games in 3 seasons, since he joined the Habs.That's a lot of games missed. Then you add to that the number of injured players during the 3 seasons, the number of young players playing a bigger role than they used to, the number of call-up of AHL players.

Why i bring all those elements is because i think that we don't know that much this team, we don't know Dvorak, Roy, neither most of all those players that were put in a role too big, that were getting new line mates all the time.

I really wish to see a more stable line-up next season, just to get a real view of the team

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Dvorak as played around 150 games in 3 seasons, since he joined the Habs.That's a lot of games missed. Then you add to that the number of injured players during the 3 seasons, the number of young players playing a bigger role than they used to, the number of call-up of AHL players.

Why i bring all those elements is because i think that we don't know that much this team, we don't know Dvorak, Roy, neither most of all those players that were put in a role too big, that were getting new line mates all the time.

I really wish to see a more stable line-up next season, just to get a real view of the team
Injuries happens for a reason most of the time. Players having to play in a situation they don't belong. Aging vets and young players not ready. A poor system of play that expose players. Injuries happen for a reason. There is bad luck also. A bit of everything. I don't think a team built with strenght get injured that much. We'll see next season, the key player will be Dach. Dvo can play a lesser role, it doesn't matter much, as long as Dach takes a lot on minutes in the game.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Injuries happens for a reason most of the time. Players having to play in a situation they don't belong. Aging vets and young players not ready. A poor system of play that expose players. Injuries happen for a reason. There is bad luck also. A bit of everything. I don't think a team built with strenght get injured that much. We'll see next season, the key player will be Dach. Dvo can play a lesser role, it doesn't matter much, as long as Dach takes a lot on minutes in the game.
Habs beat the record of games missed 3 seasons in a row. I know injuries happen, but not with that frequency . It wasn't normal at all

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Are they trading Evans in the upcoming trades?

Doubt it. Imagine icing a roster with thin depth up the middle and you get injuries where you have to rush Beck and Kapanen while they are trying to develop the right way in Laval. That has ripple effects to both Beck and Kapanen and Laval.

Suzuki. Enough said

Dach. Needs a rebound and to be the guy we think he can be. That was suppose to be last year. The Hage pick makes a lot of sense. I call it Dach insurance.

Dvorak and Evans. Believe it or not, we need them. This is not a rebuilding/tank season. It's a transition year

Newhook is not a full time center. He's a puck possession winger who can play center if needed (injuries). A great piece to have in the mix but if your plan is to have him as a full time center, it's not a good plan. Trust Sakic on this one

Beck and Kapanen should play Laval all season. Need to learn how to play against men and gain momentum/confidence the right way. Maybe a few NHL games to give them a taste

Hage is years away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad