Post-Game Talk: Habs shut out the Laffs in season opener!

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
People are probably going to be mad but I can see the Habs re-signing Savard on a cheap 2 year deal. Another year in the top 6 buys Reinbacher his development time and gives a sophomore Hutson that veteran security blanket, and in year 2, Savard can be the glue guy in the room eating hot dogs in the press-box and coming in on back to backs or in injury situations.

Not sure why people should be mad, makes a ton of sense. We'd miss the wookie big time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have a feeling @Runner77 remembers everything.
It's one of the reasons I like him so very much.
You won't get much pretense coming out of him.
I had so many great times here and so many of you are true inspirations and a pleasure to read, not to overlook that you come across as genuinely good people — which is something that I value tremendously.

I also learn a hell of a lot from our fans residing in all parts of Canada and abroad. OK, not as much as @jaffy27 who is physically everywhere but I get to live it vicariously here. What a unique tapestry of experiences that enrich our lives (see, @sheed36, it’s not so difficult to find upside :sarcasm:).

Next Best Thing

Oct 31, 2022
Honestly this game couldn't of been written better if it was scripted. Beautiful win!!

Yeah we got outshot and blah blah blah, but Caufield got a goal, Slaf a point, the CH a WIN... and also a win for Marty because not only did the goal get scored on the PP which won the game but this has to feel like a relief and a good confidence booster going forward. And also the Laffs lose to us, as always, because the this is the natural order of things in hockey and life. Amen.

There's more stories obviously but a win is a mf win! Great start.

Reactions: holy

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Leafs fans really quiet on Reaves completely ducking last night , interesting

Fig fans crying
Habs suck and all that jazz
Yeah we know we suck, the problem is there's fans of about 15-18 teams in the game that can chirp montreal all they want , wether it be recent cup wins or just having a great team and organisation in the past 2 decades and we couldn't say a thing to them.

The leafs are not one of those teams , the lack of self awareness is hilarious. What an embarassing franchise to cheer for , wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy , worms should know their place in the world

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Oouff, the Laffs board is in shambles after one game, love it. This post had me laughing for real "That emotional ovation for laine was something straight out of Rudy. The guy isn't dying. He isn't even getting surgery. But the purple grimace looking MF is getting consoled. So much emotion or of the gate"

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Oouff, the Laffs board is in shambles after one game, love it. This post had me laughing for real "That emotional ovation for laine was something straight out of Rudy. The guy isn't dying. He isn't even getting surgery. But the purple grimace looking MF is getting consoled. So much emotion or of the gate"
Remember they are used to a rink that is half empty at puck drop because the suits are gone to get their sushi.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Thought he looked good. Not sure he was best...but doesn't matter.

I like Newhook....saying he is 3rd line, is not meant as a slam on the guy. He is a third line guy, that can play up....pretty comfortably. I just hope he gets pushed out. I don't see him as ever topping 55-60 pts in a season. Laine and Demidov should both have ceilings higher than that.
Who was better? Newhook was creating things every time he was on the ice.

That was Montembault. :huh:
It was clear what I was saying. Don't be silly.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
We were great in 1st, but not a great 2nd period. Awful 1st half of 3rd period. Gutted it out in final 10 minutes.

Outstanding game by Montembeault.

Excellent games by Newhook, Savard, Matheson (defensively) & Xhekaj.

Guhle & Hutson were up and down, but Hutson improved a lot by 3rd period whereas Guhle did not. He's going to need time since he didn't play exhibition games.

Barron does not have a future with us. Struble will be in. D might actually be OK this year once that change happens.

Dach looked rusty. Evans put in a solid effort, but needs to be better on face-offs in big moments.

PK was solid. PP was awful after 1st period.

Montembeault sets a record!

We break Leafs shutout streak, and we break their 5 game winning streak against us.

Outstanding!
Key faceoffs in Habs end were bad. Lost a lot of them. Can’t do that against elite offensive teams. Beck is coming. Need it.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I genuinely think we get a first round pick out of Savard this year, and maybe even more. I also think this is one spot that is going to be insanely difficut to replace.

Hutson's vision and skills are exceptional, Dach should grow into the rhythm with time hopefully, our forward depth is genuinely a joke going forward, which seems bad for a forward group. Love Evans still though.
Demidov hage beck kap maybe Laine? And forward depth bad? Huh? It’s d depth I’m worried about. Not forward depth.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
And this right here, The guy isn't dying. He isn't even getting surgery... So much emotion out of the gate - perfectly sums up why Laffs fans sound like they're at a wake when at a game, and why the Scotia Bank Arena has all the energy of a funeral home. No emotion, no passion, just lifeless vibes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad