Post-Game Talk: Habs shut out the Laffs in season opener!

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
And as it has been for the last two years, Montembeault playing like a superstar goaltender results in an unearned win.

People have no idea just how good he is, and how badly that's harmed us during the tank years. It was the reason we didn't draft Bedard.

WentWughes

Apr 16, 2023
Monty stole a game for us. We did not compete at all in the 2nd or 3rd and had gotten completely dominated. Also it is a complete joke that Matheson is on pp1 and it is absurd that an NHL head coach is not seeing that. Honestly wish we started this year with the first unit not scoring for 10+ games so Marty can get his head out of his ass and make the change to Hutson.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
1000003221.png

So close yet so far.

Suck it.

Reactions: Runner77

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Oh and Domi calling Savard a fat **** only to get steamrolled by said fat **** a few minutes later was pretty funny. :laugh:

Saw Savard in civil clothing in the summer of last year during the Festival d'été de Québec.

Cameras and hockey equipment don't give the guy justice. Definitely has a bit of fluff but also tons of muscle for a hockey player. Especially in the upper body. Dude has massive arms.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Made the trip up for the game tonight.
All I really need to say is, if we ever have a 5 on 3 Powerplay again and don’t put Hutson out there I’m going to snap.
There is no better time to play the kid. Every time he’s on the ice he’s constantly moving his feet and making things happen. Our 5 on 3 was atrocious, we made it as easy as we possibly could for the Leafs to defend it.
Everyone standing around. Hutson will shine in that situation.
Other than that, GG Monty.

Sorry, the new guy ABB gets the PP time now because he's a local guy.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Saw Savard in civil clothing in the summer of last year during the Festival d'été de Québec.

Cameras and hockey equipment don't give the guy justice. Definitely has a bit of fluff but also tons of muscle for a hockey player. Especially in the upper body. Dude has massive arms.
Maybe he can finally start using it.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
And as it has been for the last two years, Montembeault playing like a superstar goaltender results in an unearned win.

People have no idea just how good he is, and how badly that's harmed us during the tank years. It was the reason we didn't draft Bedard.
He played a damn good game but let's be honest here , those kinds of game rarely happens from him. He's a decent goalie but hes not that kind of goalie to save u night after night.

He's a goalie that is reliable but he's not a 1A , he's a great 1b . If we had 2 Montombeau who could share the net 41 games a year , this would be perfect.

Some nights he can be really really shaky , if he had his normal ''performance'' we lose probably 3-1 tonight and he would still have played a great game.

Let's say he's not the reason why we struggle often

Last edited:
Reactions: themilosh

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020

In pressers, during training camp, players called him big Savy a couple of times.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I didn't watch the game, so I went to the nhl highlights.

I shit you not, their 3rd period package was only one highlight for the last 10 seconds.

Do they have a bot to compile the highlights too?

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I’m not Montembeault’s biggest fan but tonight was easily one of the best performances from a goaltender in Habs history since Price or Halak

Utterly wrong. He is capable of amazing games but has far too many bad or average ones for me to agree with you.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Monty has improved each year and it really goes to show you how much luck you need to be a regular goalie in the NHL because you need the opportunity to not just play but actually study and improve. Monty happened to get that chance and he hasn't squandered it.

Well deserved SO tonight.

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
Wonderful start! Im not gonna lie. For me, this win is so satisfying after another summer with TSN`s disgusting Leafs hype train. Serial losers gonna lose again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad