Proposal: Habs & Panthers + Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
After so many Hab fans we saying Poehling was going to slide into 3C so losing Kotkaniemi was no big deal I just assumed it was going to happen or at least be on the team somewhere. But he couldn’t even make the team? Is he hurt?
He didn't have a good camp, but he could've made it just as much as some vet like Perreault or Paquette however he didn't have to go through waivers. He got injured in Laval (AHL) from a dirty hit to the back of the head, but he's back now and doing very well. I'm still confident he'll be a decent NHL player, just not sure it'll be in Montreal.

FYI our camp as been total shit, our vets didn't show up, coaching staff kept rookies way to long and now this team seems totally lost. Add to that we made it to the cup final last year, Weber retires, Drouin talks about depression, Mailloux pick, Price in re-hab, multiple injuries to start camp/season... recipe for disaster!

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
After so many Hab fans we saying Poehling was going to slide into 3C so losing Kotkaniemi was no big deal I just assumed it was going to happen or at least be on the team somewhere. But he couldn’t even make the team? Is he hurt?

No. He's just not very good.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Don't twist it. Poehling was not sliding into any full time role until he earns it. Those same fans you are trying to quote presented it that way too (or most of them). Like always, could or possible is exchanged to will be or for sure.

Poehling is still in our plans but he has maturity to figure out. We are not just going to place him in any role and let him learn on the job in the NHL. Maybe see him play more games in the back half the more we are out of the playoff race and we start to rest vets or guys with nagging injuries.

I'm still a big fan of Poehling cause I value big boys that are strong on the puck and skate well. But he appears to be a late bloomer type and his prime is smaller (age 25-30 vs 21/22-30). It happens to so many guys like this but fans don't have patience

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Don't twist it. Poehling was not sliding into any full time role until he earns it. Those same fans you are trying to quote presented it that way too (or most of them). Like always, could or possible is exchanged to will be or for sure.

Poehling is still in our plans but he has maturity to figure out. We are not just going to place him in any role and let him learn on the job in the NHL. Maybe see him play more games in the back half the more we are out of the playoff race and we start to rest vets or guys with nagging injuries.

I'm still a big fan of Poehling cause I value big boys that are strong on the puck and skate well. But he appears to be a late bloomer type and his prime is smaller (age 25-30 vs 21/22-30). It happens to so many guys like this but fans don't have patience
You are the one trying to twist things. It’s not hard to find. You even call him NHL ready, I don’t see why you are trying to split hairs. There are plenty of Hab fans on the main boards saying he had a great AHL a season last year and can fill in as a 3C on a team ready for another Cup run.

But I don’t see many of those posters around lately to continue to beat that drum or to say Caufield is already a superstar or Weber’s loss will be made up for by Savard or etc etc.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Scandella went for a 2nd and Savard for a 1st...but Chiarot who is better then either is worth a low 2nd because......he's a Hab. :biglaugh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You are the one trying to twist things. It’s not hard to find. You even call him NHL ready, I don’t see why you are trying to split hairs. There are plenty of Hab fans on the main boards saying he had a great AHL a season last year and can fill in as a 3C on a team ready for another Cup run.

But I don’t see many of those posters around lately to continue to beat that drum or to say Caufield is already a superstar or Weber’s loss will be made up for by Savard or etc etc.

Saying Poehling is NHL ready is not the same as saying he is a sure shot solution at 3C. That's what you are trying to do with me and others. You might find a few guys who said he was a solution at 3C but in most cases, the narrative was a possibility. But once again, you are trying to belittle an entire fan base into a false comprehension on what was said... probably on purpose too.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Ok. He’s a rental so sure. Perhaps a low 2nd rounder from a playoff team. Adding Poehling does nothing to enhance the return. The Habs may be able to get the ~59th OA pick in 2022 to rent him to a top contender.

Scandella got a 2nd and a 3rd , Savard got a low 1st. Are you telling me that chiarot is barely worth a 2nd. You gotta do your homework because you're hella wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad