Proposal: Habs & Panthers + Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Since the Habs are hosting the Draft let's try to get some more picks and forget about this year.

Habs : Chariot + Poehling + 4rd 2022
for
Panther : first pick 2023 + 3rd 2022

Habs : Armia + 2rd 2024
for
Blues : First pick 2022

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Since the Habs are hosting the Draft let's try to get some more picks and forget about this year.

Habs : Toffoli
for
Panther : First pick 2022

for

Panthers want a top 3/4D, not a winger.
And they likely lose their 2022 1st in Reinhart trade. (TOP 10 clause defers to 2023)

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Would pass on the Blues end of the deal. No need for forwards. Certainly not at the cost of a first. Also we have little to no wiggle on the cap. Cap would have to come out and of the forwards with a cap hit I wouldn’t move any for Armia at this time personally.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

for

for

Chariot at 50% at best gets a playoff team 2nd. The combination doesn’t get a 1st

Armia has to much term to interest many. He’s a filler you might short term to bridge for 2 yrs till prospects come around. He has 3 full years left. No cap tight team touches him.

Reactions: 67Blues

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

for

for

What was your logic in picking the Blues to send Armia? I am genuinely curious, since you are just targeting a first and not one of our players. There are lots of teams you could have targeted for that trade. Why the Blues?

Its definitely a no for me as a Blues fan. We have a really deep forward group this year. Even if we do trade Tarasenko, we are more than 14 deep on NHL forwards. We are more than 9 deep on Top9 players. We have more than 6 top 6 caliber guys. We might not have the high end talent of other teams, but we have depth for days. Armia could be an upgrade on one of them, sure, but we also don't have the cap. We also don't have a great prospect pool to be trading away a first for a a guy we don't have the ice time to give.

Reactions: TK 421

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

for

for
What a joke. A bottom pair defender and an AHL nobody, wasted draft pick in Poehling for a 1st and 3rd? How truly delusional. Never change certain Habs fans.

Poehling continues to carry zero value while Chariot is maybe worth a 3rd at the deadline.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
What a joke. A bottom pair defender and an AHL nobody, wasted draft pick in Poehling for a 1st and 3rd? How truly delusional. Never change certain Habs fans.

Poehling continues to carry zero value while Chariot is maybe worth a 3rd at the deadline.

Some people are so extreme in what they say. While I agree Habs fan overvalue their prospects you clearly undervalue Chiarot here. Scandella was worth a 2nd and Savard a 1st at the past two deadlines, I would think those are two good comparables, i.e. chiarot price should realistically land is around that.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Some people are so extreme in what they say. While I agree Habs fan overvalue their prospects you clearly undervalue Chiarot here. Scandella was worth a 2nd and Savard a 1st at the past two deadlines, I would think those are two good comparables, i.e. chiarot price should realistically land is around that.
Ok. He’s a rental so sure. Perhaps a low 2nd rounder from a playoff team. Adding Poehling does nothing to enhance the return. The Habs may be able to get the ~59th OA pick in 2022 to rent him to a top contender.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
After so many Hab fans we saying Poehling was going to slide into 3C so losing Kotkaniemi was no big deal I just assumed it was going to happen or at least be on the team somewhere. But he couldn’t even make the team? Is he hurt?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad