Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Wings but Slaf earn 250k thanks to Hutson

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Y’all will learn to put some goddamn respect on Nick Bobrov’s name.

He’s not even done cooking that 2022 draft yet.
Ignlia's son..and we done ....Maybe also Josh Doan asks for a trade out of Utah get him too..lol

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
44th game decided by one goal this season.

Imagine how many of those games might have been won if Dach had played all season and if Newhook had not missed time. Bodes well for next season.
This Habs team didn't have much top offensive talent outside of the 1st line but they were scrappy, never quit, showed up and played hard for MSL for pretty much every game this season.

MSL probably got all he could out of this Habs team and now we must wait 6 months for them to come back hopefully much better since I'm beyond tired of this tanking crap now.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
We made it guys

The last tank year because of Kirbys injury and we took advantage of it

The real nightmare was drafting 12th or something, but we endured it, and by God we secured a top6 pick, we also have a 2nd 1st rd pick incredibly, people expect it traded already so we just forget about it lol, but that's something

If it wasnt clear after these last 2 games how much we are NOT TAKING A D this draft, its pretty obvious by now sorry,
Lindstrom could very well fall into our laps..

Slaf progressed beyond expectations
Suze and Cole with super respectable seasons
Liked Newhook I dont care
Definitely want some more Roy
SO pumped and happy for Hutson, good for f***ing you kiddo, 2 pts 2 gms already
Mailloux did not look too out of place

So much to look forward to next year I'm already excited it's so cool

Get rid of Anderson. By any means necessary.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Hutson is a lot of fun to watch. Damn....

20g, 30a & 50 pts by Slafkovsky is amazing progress by him. I think he can hit 70 pts next year. Ditto Caufield. Suzuki was awesome all year.

Newhook came back from injury playing pretty great hockey too. We need Dach to be healthy next year & give us a 2nd line, damn it.

I'm ok with 6th if that's where we end up. If was fun watching Hutson and then Mailloux tonight. Mailloux looked solid too.

Overall, some really strong progression by a lot of our young players. It was exciting to watch them grow.

Now, move Anderson, Hughes!

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
MSL really seems to enjoy coaching younger players right now. He was very positive about the future in his post game on RDS. I think everyone is seeing what we're all seeing over on this board.

It isn't a perfect team and there's work to do.

But, the progression and quality of players bodes very, very well for the future.

Just give us f***ing Demidov or Celebrini now.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I am very happy right now... 6th is locked and if Zona gets 1 point tomorrow we get 5th! I think Arizona has a good chance of getting to overtime... they are scrappy like that.

on top of that Slafsquatch gets his 20th goal and 50th point! f***ing dreaming!

Logan gets his first point and looked pretty good!

and LANE f***ING HUDSON! This kid is gonna be a star!

over all I'd say that was a pretty successful tank season!
Final home game in Arizona as well so they should be pumped to get one final win there.... Hopefully.

Plus if the Canucks can get the win over the Flames tonight the Oilers will have nothing left to play for so hopefully they'll sit some of their best players like McD and Drai tomorrow.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Suzuki ends 8th in points, tied 10th in goals for a single season since the last Cup win (1993-1994 to now).

Caufield ends tied 19th in points, tied 23rd in goals for a single season since the last Cup win.

Matheson ends tied 3rd for points as a D since the last Cup win.

Slafkovsky had a great 2nd half.

We have a top 8 pick secured, top 7 if Arizona gets a point.

Hutson and Mailloux did not look out of place.

Many prospects had great years and POs in their respective leagues.

We have a lot of young assets and a lot of money for 2025.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Final home game in Arizona as well so they should be pumped to get one final win there.... Hopefully.

Plus if the Canucks can get the win tonight over the Flames tonight the Oilers will have nothing left to play for so hopefully they'll sit some of their best players like McD and Drai tomorrow.

yeah I expect Arizona to come out flying tomorrow...like you said, last home game ever for Arizona.

and hopefully Canucks take the win tonight!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad