Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Kings who played back-to-back

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
:laugh: The people being upset that we lost.

Next time, don't overvalue your team before the season starts. The Habs are still rebuilding. There's no reason to expect anything else but bottom ten in the league until they prove otherwise for an entire year.
Or maybe actually wait for enough GP before making knee jerk takes on this years team like perhaps US Thanksgiving….

Yeah, I know. But why did the Habs traded him ? Were they so sure that Barron would be better or Mailloux or Reinbacher would be NHL ready ?
Last year of contract + wanting to make space for young D to have legit TOI to make a proper evaluation on Struble, Xhekaj and Barron

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Jul 6, 2016
perhaps. habs simply have too many D. He was a UFA to be. Hughes doesn't win every trade. It's also early in the year, so we'll see if the young corps steadily improves
You never have too many D’s…. In just one night they lost Matheson and Guhle + Reinbacker in pre-season. I hope Struble will be back soon in the line up.

Or maybe actually wait for enough GP before making knee jerk takes on this years team like perhaps US Thanksgiving….

Last year of contract + wanting to make space for young D to have legit TOI to make a proper evaluation on Struble, Xhekaj and Barron
Last year of contract is a good reason to keep him. If the youngsters show real promises, then you trade him at deadline or let him go on the market. A damn 4th round pick was not enough for him anyway.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
You never have too many D’s…. In just one night they lost Matheson and Guhle + Reinbacker in pre-season. I hope Struble will be back soon in the line up.

Last year of contract is a good reason to keep him. If the youngsters show real promises, then you trade him at deadline or let him go on the market. A damn 4th round pick was not enough for him anyway.
They can’t have 28 players on the roster…

Jul 6, 2016
They can’t have 28 players on the roster…
Do you know how to count ?

With Kovacevic aboard, it is just 8 d-men. Mailloux and Reinbacher in Laval as expected. Harris is gone too. Then, you don’t have to suffer Xhekaj and Barron in the line up every games. + The usual anual injuries to Guhle, Matheson, and eventually Savard.

I’d rather have Struble-Kovacecic than Xhekaj , Barron or Savard every game.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Do you know how to count ?

With Kovacevic aboard, it is just 8 d-men. Mailloux and Reinbacher in Laval as expected. Harris is gone too. Then, you don’t have to suffer Xhekaj and Barron in the line up every games. + The usual anual injuries to Guhle, Matheson, and eventually Savard.

I’d rather have Struble-Kovacecic than Xhekaj , Barron or Savard every game.
Well HuGo didn’t feel the same way (re:bold) said they were not going to carry 8-Dman this year and may even limit roster to 22

Mailloux, Redenbacher & Engstrom were expected to be getting reps w Habs as needed this season which was part of calculus

Jul 6, 2016
HuGo said they were not going to carry 8-Dman this year and may even limit roster to 22
Why ? This squad is hit by injuries every season. And limiting the roster to 22 for what reason ? Barron could had been the one traded, and maybe the return would had been a touch better because of his age.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Why ? This squad is hit by injuries every season. And limiting the roster to 22 for what reason ? Barron could had been the one traded, and maybe the return would had been a touch better because of his age.
I have no idea what Barrons value is on the market - I’m speculating it was depreciated this past offseason in the eyes of HuGo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad