Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Kings who played back-to-back

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
The difference is Xhekaj can be and probably should be returned to Laval for a re-tune.
Does he even feel like he's part of the team right now?

1 decent game in 5 is not acceptable and I don't consider that Leafs game a good game.
Is it him or how the whole team is being coached ? I'll go with the latter,it's affecting the whole team.I love what Hutson is bringing but c'mon 30 mins a game ! Your playing with fire or better yet the defensive system is so bad that you have to play him so many minutes to counter the set system which hasn't ruined him yet ;)

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Doesn't matter who's behind the bench, by year 3-4 people will start turning on him. Even if it was Jesus people would turn on him lol
I thought it was funny at first, chose not to think people were serious but oh man, are some of the users here drama queens lol. Attacking some players (who they choose to pick appart), MSL.

Reactions: Favster

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
MSL isn't anywhere near being fired.

The team lacks experience and strong defenders. That's a hell of a lot better position to be in than having strong experienced defenders but no talent/scoring, like we've had for the past 3 decades.

The problems are fixable and the most important thing - talent - is abundant both in the current roster and the prospect pool
They clearly lack talent too. All hopes lie on Demidov

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
I thought it was funny at first, chose not to think people were serious but oh man, are some of the users here drama queens lol. Attacking some players (who they choose to pick appart), MSL.
I've seen the cycle happen too many times now, it's literally the same thing everytime. They say history repeats itself, you'd think we'd learn but nope.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
This was the worst game of the year - Marty better show some backbone here and bag-skate the hell out of the group.

The issue last night, which was an extension of issues from the previous games was just a lack of cohesion and moving their feet.

The forecheck is aimless with people gliding and happy to stay a stick length and a half away from the guy they are shadowing.

Push the pace, up the aggression on the puck, get on the same page.

They didn't get out-talented, they got out worked.
The forecheck and cycle is awful. It's very frustrating to watch.

Even the transition, there is just too much ice between the defenders and the forwards. The stretch pass isn't working. They need to find a way of breaking out with shorter passes. Too many dead plays in the neutral zone and the opposing team's blue line.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
All things considered didn't see Montreal being very good but ayoye, even worse than expected. They say you play like you practice, so what was Montreal practicing? sure doesn't look like it was hockey as they are looking terrible and boring and out of shape getting outworked constantly. Suzuki and the beast sure aren't looking like near 8 mill. per season players and Caufield fumbles the puck and they lose possession so often, but Matheson is getting all the crap. Haven't seen zone times but it looks like the Suzuki line plays much more in the D zone than the O zone, not a recipe for success and not what they are getting paid for.
Didn't know what Newhook or Dach were but if this is what they are,ayoye. Small sample size this season but same goes for the top line.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Why did they wait until there was 5 minutes left in the game before they started pushing? First line not doing much. Again. Was Caulfield even playing? Can’t win a draw to save their lives. For all the Matheson haters, now you know what it looks like without him there (and yes, I know they had 5 D). I can’t wait for the “call up Mailloux” posters just because he had a 4 point game.

Oh. I forgot. Did they complete a single pass last night???

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
All things considered didn't see Montreal being very good but ayoye, even worse than expected.
I expected improvement this season. The team has quality pieces in Guhle, Hutson, Suzuki, Slaf, Caufield. For whatever reason, the team isn't not gelling.

They are reminding me a little of the sens where there are good players with good potential in place, but nothing is clicking. I am hoping it is just an experience thing. It really does not help that Dach is off. When you are expected to drive a second line, but are struggling to keep up pace, it hurts the club in a bad way.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
I expected improvement this season. The team has quality pieces in Guhle, Hutson, Suzuki, Slaf, Caufield. For whatever reason, the team isn't not gelling.

They are reminding me a little of the sens where there are good players with good potential in place, but nothing is clicking. I am hoping it is just an experience thing. It really does not help that Dach is off. When you are expected to drive a second line, but are struggling to keep up pace, it hurts the club in a bad way.
There should be improvement,even a minuscule amount,maybe it's coming but not if the players continue playing like they have been. Not gelling,that would be attributed to coaching.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
There should be improvement,even a minuscule amount,maybe it's coming but not if the players continue playing like they have been. Not gelling,that would be attributed to coaching.
I like MSL, but I would have to agree. The team just doesn't look sharp and their play does not reflect the talent on it.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Going to be another season of ups and downs. I can only hope as the team gets more experience and gel that we will see more ups in the end.

Reactions: Andy

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
All things considered didn't see Montreal being very good but ayoye, even worse than expected. They say you play like you practice, so what was Montreal practicing? sure doesn't look like it was hockey as they are looking terrible and boring and out of shape getting outworked constantly. Suzuki and the beast sure aren't looking like near 8 mill. per season players and Caufield fumbles the puck and they lose possession so often, but Matheson is getting all the crap. Haven't seen zone times but it looks like the Suzuki line plays much more in the D zone than the O zone, not a recipe for success and not what they are getting paid for.
Didn't know what Newhook or Dach were but if this is what they are,ayoye. Small sample size this season but same goes for the top line.
Our coach does not even try to find advantageous match ups on home ice which is beyond me.
I've seen Suzuki's line struggle against Kopitar every time we play them for three seasons now.
The fact that we don't seem have an alternative hurts.
Marty does not seem to have confidence that another line can shut them down.
If Marty wants to go head to head against every top line with that group he absolutely needs to rethink his personnel.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Our coach does not even try to find advantageous match ups on home ice which is beyond me.
I've seen Suzuki's line struggle against Kopitar every time we play them for three seasons now.
If Marty wants to go head to head against every top line with that group he absolutely needs to rethink his personnel.
You said it. No other options right now.

That's why PP and PK are so critical for us. If PP and PK work, we might be in the mix. If not, we are still easily a bottom 10 team.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Weak C line has been a classic for the Habs and it’s still the case, we don’t have play drivers that can make wingers look good / produce.

Other thing lacking is top6 players willing and able to battle for the puck.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Has any media asked him about this or will they get banned? it is a head scratcher why he does the things he does though. It was disappointing that there was very little if at all line experimentation during camp.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Dach should move down the lineup and Dvorak shouldn't be a center at all.

Reunite the Armia-Newhook-Gallagher line & see if they can recreate what they did last season.

Kapanen-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Armia-Newhook-Gallagher
Caufield-Dach-Anderson
Dvorak-Evans-Heineman

Anderson should be moved back to his natural side. That would put him on his forehand along the boards. He's being forced to use his backhand and it's a f***ing nightmare. He & Gallagher should never play on their off-wing.

Dvorak should actually be benched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad