Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Kings who played back-to-back

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
That's what I told everyone that other day. Caufield sucks if he's not scoring at least 35 goals a year. A worst version of Alex Debrincat and Debrincat is bad. Caufield makes Mike Hoffman looks like a superstar 5-on-5
The team wouldn’t even have 10 goals on the board this year without him. But hey, let’s put him down and be silent on other players.

Last edited:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I remember when the same was said about Canfield. Will need to see how Hutson performs for a couple seasons for me to label him as an elite player at his position. I’d much rather look for a massive upgrade at 2C or the wingers. Hell even the dmen outside of Hutson and Guhle aren’t exactly sure fire elite talents that make me look at upgrading on Suzuki.
Upgrading on Suzuki would essentially be upgrading on Dach, as he would just slide to the 2nd in a 1A-1B situation.

I still think they can win with Nick as the top C, we've seen what he can do in the playoffs, but the rest of the lineup will have to be extremely well rounded.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Upgrading on Suzuki would essentially be upgrading on Dach, as he would just slide to the 2nd in a 1A-1B situation.
And what happens to Dach? Traded I'm assuming which means we upgraded on Dach.
I still think they can win with Nick as the top C, we've seen what he can do in the playoffs, but the rest of the lineup will have to be extremely well rounded.
I mean even if we drafted Bedard, you don't think the rest of the lineup needs to be extremely well rounded? I'm having way bigger questions on if Slaf/CC can be top-line wingers on a cup contender.

Reactions: Habs

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I mean even if we drafted Bedard, you don't think the rest of the lineup needs to be extremely well rounded? I'm having way bigger questions on if Slaf/CC can be top-line wingers on a cup contender.
Slaf is 20 years old, not close to be fully developed.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
And what happens to Dach? Traded I'm assuming which means we upgraded on Dach.

In this scenario Dach would slide to 3C or could make for a top-6 RW option.

Sure, just to a lesser degree. A center will always have a much bigger overall impact on a lineup than a winger.

But all of this is pretty moot as that boat has sailed , with the team unlikely to have a shot at drafting that kind of C talent again.

Last edited:

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Totally unprepared against a bad team. Worse is Bergevin came in and kicked our butt. Out played and outshot by a team playing back to back on our home ice.

Kings had AHL goalie and banged up defense. No effort. Bad coaching. So many Breakdowns and miss reads. Basic hockey, Habs couldn't cycle worth a crap. Bad zone exits. Second line non existent, Dach took a stupid penalty. Going on 3 years now and this team has no structure. Come on MSL get with the program .All 3 goals came off the cycle.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It's funny and sad that the same posters who were sure that the Habs roster had no chance at the playoffs are also the ones ready to fire the coach after 5 games and a 2-3 start....

Coherent arguments have no place in the hot takes oven lol

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It's funny and sad that the same posters who were sure that the Habs roster had no chance at the playoffs are also the ones ready to fire the coach after 5 games and a 2-3 start....

Coherent arguments have no place in the hot takes oven lol
After 3 years... not 5 games. And it's because the team is absolutely f***ing lost and unprepared. For 3 years.

Reactions: Sookind

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Didn't say he was done developing. He's definitely less of a sure thing than Suzuki in terms of top line forward yet Suzuki is the one that needs to be upgraded apparently.
I don’t think he is less of a sure thing.

Once Demidov and Hage are here, the lines combinaison will change and we’ll have to go with chemistry. I wouldn’t put a label on a particular player like Suzuki 100% needs to be on a first line because he might fit on a 2nd line in 3 years.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
After 3 years... not 5 games. And it's because the team is absolutely f***ing lost and unprepared. For 3 years.
That's a terrible assessment. No idea what you are watching the past 3 years, but an assessment that poor suggests either you don't understand what you're watching or you're just looking at the box scores :dunno:

Reactions: SlafySZN

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I wouldn’t put a label on a particular player like Suzuki 100% needs to be on a first line because he might fit on a 2nd line in 3 years.
Doesn’t need to be a label but the players actually need to be prove they are better than Suzuki. From KK to Caufield to Dach many here were saying they’d be better forwards than Suzuki and it hasn’t been the case whatsoever.

Anyways, my point is there are many many more issues on the team than an upgrade on Suzuki.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
People can use the excuse that we are in a rebuild. i think we all understand that ,but the problem is the way we are playing is completely out of touch.

There should be a system or something in place that everyone works toward that goal.

The powerplay is completely out of touch and nobody is moving.
Nobody on defense know what they are doing
There is no forecheck.
We never battle on the board.
I mean what are they coaching to the players?

This is not normal to be playing at home after a 2 days break against a team that allowed 14 goals in 2 games in a back to back using 1 of the worst goalie of the league who allowed 1 goal. The effort is not there and come out that flat in October is simply ... ew

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
People can use the excuse that we are in a rebuild. i think we all understand that ,but the problem is the way we are playing is completely out of touch.

There should be a system or something in place that everyone works toward that goal.

The powerplay is completely out of touch and nobody is moving.
Nobody on defense know what they are doing
There is no forecheck.
We never battle on the board.
I mean what are they coaching to the players?

This is not normal to be playing at home after a 2 days break against a team that allowed 14 goals in 2 games in a back to back using 1 of the worst goalie of the league who allowed 1 goal. The effort is not there and come out that flat in October is simply ... ew

Our PP is currently ahead of:
Edm
Carolina
Dallas
Toronto
Nashville
Tampa

Our of touch indeed :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
The let’s get another lottery pick always want another one. It’s just one more bad year watching shitty hockey. Sir, can I have another?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Marty is his own worst enemy.

He's set up the power play like it was 5 Marties playing it.

There is no hard-core defensive system.

Another bottom 5 and there will be no more Marty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad