Post-Game Talk: Habs lose again to the Jets

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Habs played well for the most part of the game, Winnipeg is a hell of a team with the add of Dubois, we deserved to win this one until the last 5 mins of the game where we started playing to secure the point... The OT was a disaster and I agree with everyone that sending Danault and Armia wasnt a great decision by Ducharme...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I'm starting to feel bad for the guy at this point so I hope Danault finally does score a goal soon. For the Habs to have any hope of making the playoffs they're gonna need guys like Price, Danault, Tatar and some others to start playing like they're capable of.
So monday should be a 1 year anniversary since Danno's last goal, isn't it? I feel like a special thread is required.

Reactions: Habs178

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The 4 Habs centers so far this season have a combined 9 goals scored between the 4 of them with Suzuki having scored 5 of these goals himself. There are currently 11 centers in the NHL who have scored 9 goals or more themselves.

MB gambled on going with Danault and 3 very young centers and it hasn't worked so far and it's a huge problem right now.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Habs played well for the most part of the game, Winnipeg is a hell of a team with the add of Dubois, we deserved to win this one until the last 5 mins of the game where we started playing to secure the point... The OT was a disaster and I agree with everyone that sending Danault and Armia wasnt a great decision by Ducharme...
Habs played a typical Habs game. Lots of pointless buzzing, few quality shots, inability to sustain offensive zone pressure. Shots number is misleading. Lack of finish. Result as expected. I had no doubt that if the game went into OT it would be a loss. Team has no clutch performers, nobody with talent good enough to match Winnipeg and a dumb coach on top of all that. Sigh. Same old same old.

Reactions: Habz4 and sheed36

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I'm starting to feel bad for the guy at this point so I hope Danault finally does score a goal soon. For the Habs to have any hope of making the playoffs they're gonna need guys like Price, Danault, Tatar and some others to start playing like they're capable of.
Im not worried about the playoffs personally, cant see Calgary, Vancouver and Ottawa passing us in the standing, we are a much better team on paper... If we play like yesterday, we will be back at winning games really soon...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Habs played a typical Habs game. Lots of pointless buzzing, few quality shots, inability to sustain offensive zone pressure. Shots number is misleading. Lack of finish. Result as expected. I had no doubt that if the game went into OT it would be a loss. Team has no clutch performers, nobody with talent good enough to match Winnipeg and a dumb coach on top of all that. Sigh. Same old same old.
We played fast and effective, Hellebuyck had to make some great saves all night long, we had the best scoring chances and limited the Jets' powerful offense to basically nothing, it will come as the team start winning some games, the confidence will grow up...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
He did score an empty net goal in game 5 vs the Flyers in the playoffs. His last non empty net goal was scored at 2:40 of the 1st period against the Canes on February 29, 2020.
Well then.. he is miles and miles better than Gomer. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheed36

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Therein lies the problem. 3 on 3 is all about mobility: whether attacking or defending. To put any player on the ice in a 3 on 3 situation that is not an above average skater is inviting your team to lose. the weaker skater will be exploited creating an odd man rush. What I find incomprehensible is that we have a coach (s) that doesn't understand this simple dynamic. But then again he is French, so he can fluently explain to the press in the chosen language why his team lost.
guess the team would be better of with Richardson as interim

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The 4 Habs centers so far this season have a combined 9 goals scored between the 4 of them with Suzuki having scored 5 of these goals himself. There are currently 11 centers in the NHL who have scored 9 goals or more themselves.

MB gambled on going with Danault and 3 very young centers and it hasn't worked so far and it's a huge problem right now.

MB gambled too much this offseason. He needs to go.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

He's a professional and has put himself in this situation. Probably has some cleaning up to do with his agents, assuming they are the ones who recommended that he not accept the Habs' generous offer in the midst of a pandemic and given the economic downspiral for all NHL teams.

I don't feel bad for him, he's already a millionaire, he's playing a kid's game for a living, he's young and healthy and will have more money than he can spend the rest of his life. I care more about the posters in here who for the most part, won't get a sniff at one iota of what he's making and will be making. I only wish him well but feeling sorry for someone who has everything and who will get a lucrative contract anyway, I can't go there.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
MB gambled too much this offseason. He needs to go.

The new guys he brought in though have been performing quite well compared to the players still here who couldn't get it done during the past 3-4 years. The new guys have been a breathe of fresh air but there's still too much stench left over on the team from previous seasons who couldn't get it done.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Im not worried about the playoffs personally, cant see Calgary, Vancouver and Ottawa passing us in the standing, we are a much better team on paper... If we play like yesterday, we will be back at winning games really soon...

Calgary worries me. Especially if they eventually get rid of Ward as coach.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
He's a professional and has put himself in this situation. Probably has some cleaning up to do with his agents, assuming they are the ones who recommended that he not accept the Habs' generous offer in the midst of a pandemic and given the economic downspiral for all NHL teams.

I don't feel bad for him, he's already a millionaire, he's playing a kid's game for a living, he's young and healthy and will have more money than he can spend the rest of his life. I care more about the posters in here who for the most part, won't get a sniff at one iota of what he's making and will be making. I only wish him well but feeling sorry for someone who has everything and who will get a lucrative contract anyway, I can't go there.
I stand up, take a hat off and applaud this post. I could never bring myself to feel bad for any of them. Even if some kind of illness befalls them with their money you know they are getting the care that none of us could ever dream about.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ok I have calmed down after a good night of sleep.

Still mad that we try to protect the tie in OT with f***ing Danault and Armia. With the way Ducharme explained, he basically said we were shorthanded at 3 on 3.

Maybe it was a message towards the GM that we have no fire power and no talent and it shows in a 3 on 3 situation.
Well then the GM must have been sent the same message since it’s inception. Thick as a brick.

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

A problem now but maybe a solution in a few months when MB is shown the door. There is no way he survives this season if it is yet another failure.

Reactions: sheed36

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

The Dude cursed himself. I’m still puzzled as to how he could make such a public statement given how inept offensively he was in the last half of last season and the playins/offs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad