Habs lose 4-1 to walrus co.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I was merely listing the ones that are surprisingly not producing.

Eller 2 points in his last 13
Galchenyuk 4 points in his last 13
Bourque 4 points in his last 13
Gallagher 5 points in his last 13
Desharnais has 1 point all season
Pacioretty 0 points since his return

The top 9 as a whole isn't producing. Hard to single out any player. The only players producing have been Plekanec Gionta and Bournival. The rest of the offense has come from PK and Markov.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I normally go against the sky is falling crowd but man, does MT ever suck at tactics. He NEVER calls a timeout, he gets outcoached regularly and he shows no awareness of what mistakes he has made. He simply has to go; and hopefully he does before too much damage is done.

Also wanted to point out how awful the reffing was tonight as well. How many interference/holding/hooking calls can Ottawa get away with?! (Im not blaming the loss on that but its worth mentioning).

We need an identity. The team is in a fog, and I believe its due to the ****** system our coaches use.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
In order of crapiness: Therrien, Gallagher (4 penalites in 2 periods), Gionta, Bourque, Eller, Diaz, Bouillon, Moen, and the rest.

You are clearly using the bong because Gallagher was by far the best forward. Did you watch the game? Or just saw the box score after microwaving your cat?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Well positivee are that after the Islanders spank us (they will shut us out), Mike Therrien is getting canned and he can go back to spewing nonesense on antichambre where he belongs. What a disaster, Jesus.

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
You are clearly using the bong because Gallagher was by far the best forward. Did you watch the game? Or just saw the box score after microwaving your cat?

Yes because running the goalie twice and getting FOUR penalites in the first two periods is a great game. Come on bro.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
I normally go against the sky is falling crowd but man, does MT ever suck at tactics. He NEVER calls a timeout, he gets outcoached regularly and he shows no awareness of what mistakes he has made. He simply has to go; and hopefully he does before too much damage is done.

Also wanted to point out how awful the reffing was tonight as well. How many interference/holding/hooking calls can Ottawa get away with?! (Im not blaming the loss on that but its worth mentioning).

We need an identity. The team is in a fog, and I believe its due to the ****** system our coaches use.

that's what happens when you have to pick a french coach and not the best coach available the organization has no one to blame but themselves

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Yes because running the goalie twice and getting FOUR penalites in the first two periods is a great game. Come on bro.

That's called hustle, passion, leave it all on the ice... and at least 2 were debatable. He also created a lot of scoring chances. By far the best forward.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
ANybody else experiencing terrible HF slowdown?

I just got able to log on... it wasn't working at all for a good 2 hours since I got home from class. :shakehead Been holding in my frustration since.

I'd like to point out that Bouillon is on the team because he has a strong connection to Therrien. He will never get the same treatment Subban got. Therrien is on the team because Bergevin, who isn't so astute at evaluating talent after all, player or otherwise. And Bergevin is on the team because of Molson, who deems it important to please the french masses (MB, MT, FB all speak french coincidentally so don't start **** about this, although it is interesting to point out). Everything is related, and there is nothing to be done really. I don't see how we can nip this one in the bud.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
that's what happens when you have to pick a french coach and not the best coach available the organization has no one to blame but themselves

Completely agree. Get a good coach, disregard the media, have success and the problem will lessen severely. The longer they hold off on having the best coach possible, the harder it will be to get over it. We just need people with balls to withstand the initial backlash.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
It's funny how we ALL wanted to have a bigger fourth line but it's the worst one we've seen in the last few years. I don't remember having a fourth line that sucked so bad. Not with Martin, not with Carbonneau and not with Julien.

So yeah, size does matter in hockey gentlemen. But it sure does not mean our team is better. ;)

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Completely agree. Get a good coach, disregard the media, have success and the problem will lessen severely. The longer they hold off on having the best coach possible, the harder it will be to get over it. We just need people with balls to withstand the initial backlash.

I don't see how it can be done. You can't remove the environment the team plays in from the equation like this. To ignore the media and the people means that those groups will put a lot of pressure on the team and make it invest time and effort into damage control (unlike Molson who is just flat out bending over) instead of concentrating on winning hockey. The backlash won't be as much initial as it will be constant and dormant, only to arise every time the team goes on a bad stretch.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It's funny how we ALL wanted to have a bigger fourth line but it's the worst one we've seen in the last few years. I don't remember having a fourth line that sucked so bad. Not with Martin, not with Carbonneau and not with Julien.

So yeah, size does matter in hockey gentlemen. But it sure does not mean our team is better. ;)

A good fourth line is dependent entirely on an effective centerman who wins draws, kills penalties and plays with grit. We don't even have an actual centerman to play on the 4th line, that's why it's so horrible, not because of size.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Ladies and Gentleman, accueillons nos Canadiens!!!

8363442.jpg

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
They aren't watching players, they're being told to block, block and block shots. It's pretty evident they're asking their players to do that, so when you're told to do that, you stop being as aggressive because you're no longer thinking of rushing the shooter, you're thinking of positioning yourself in the lane and blocking the shot. That's why you see Moen rush to get into his lane where PK already is in order to try to block the shot instead of rushing the shooter that lead to the third goal.
We are leading the NHL in block shots, by 50!

So ya, maybe you should look at the coach for that.

Overall I thought we played well though. Sens got some luck, and amazing goaltending.

I am blaming the coach Kriss.

The system of D that Therrien has installed is worthless. It is passive by nature and when teams crash the net, well, passive D does not help. Also, passive D allow Price to get screened by his own players.

And as far as offense, the Therrien system of having no system other than dump and chase is the reason we are not scoring goals. I swear we have become Perimeter Shooting Habs, Martin Version 2.0

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
But the fans want huge rough players. :sarcasm:

Parros and Murray did not lose this game. If you think they did, then that says a lot about your Hockey IQ.

Look at our Top 9 who are paid to score goals. Its not happening lately.

But yeah, its easy to scapegoat Parros and Murray who had a combined 11 minutes of icetime for the loss.:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad