Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 3-2 to Sens Pt. Deux

cupwatcher2014

Dec 3, 2008
You people are getting way to angry reading my posts. You are acting as if I should be humble about the refs officiating the way they did yesterday? That's your opinion not mine mine is that is a disgusting win, would I have taken it of course. I'm not saying the habs couldn't have won that game despite the bad calls I'm saying there were bad calls that ALMOST directly led to the loss if you can't see that then your avoiding it because you don't want to sound like a whining baby. Like I said I don't care what if you think I'm a whining you I have two people non stop whining about my comments telling me to stop whining? Hypocritical much? So I guess that means you deserve no respect because you voiced an opinion. People forget what these boards are about.

I am not the least bit angry. Nor do I care if you are humble about the refs officiating. I am not avoiding seeing anything because "I don't want to sound like a whining baby." I am not hypocritical. Basically, I just see no point in blaming anyone other than the team itself (and some bad luck) for the loss. It is a hockey game - sometime the bounces go your teams way, other times they don't. As I said earlier, it is how the team reacts in the face of that adversity (which I do not believe is a conspiracy or happens to the Habs anymore than it happens to any other team) that really matters. Last nights game was blown, in my opinion, because Ottawa had the momentum in the third and the Habs did nothing more than to try to avoid the loss (as opposed to trying to win). That all culminated in the last thirty seconds of the game when every Hab on the ice panicked and ran around in circles without reason.

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
I'm fine with people being critical of officiating, but that's not what your position was. Your position was that those missed calls directly led to the goals, so much so that fans of the senators should only revel in a disgusting hockey win, whatever the hell that means.

Its easy to be an armchair quaterback and go back retrospectively to find things that led to a goal and assign them way more weight than they deserve, but it doesnt make you some sort of hockey savant.

if its not clear to you, bad calls happen all the time and fans who focus only on the ones that go against them and try to attribute losses exclusively to these calls, in retrospect get precisely the amount of respect they deserve, none.

to be fair, one blown call did directly result in an Ottawa goal. I understand not wnating to blame officials for everything, but when a goal is allowed that should not have been, you can't blame the team for that. And the second goal in my opinion could have been disallowed because Turris was in the crease, and we have already seen a goal disallowed for goalie interference, so a little consistency would be nice. To blame the officiating entirely is mistaken, but to disregard it is also foolish.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
Well, it means that if he has this +/- by playing "normal" minutes, he might need some "training wheels" too... Just like most of this team, before even suggesting Galchenyuk needs some...

As it has been already pointed out thousands of times, +/- has more to do with who you're playing with and who you're playing against than training wheels. Don't tell me Ryder with a +1 needs less training wheels than a Plekanec.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
to be fair, one blown call did directly result in an Ottawa goal. I understand not wnating to blame officials for everything, but when a goal is allowed that should not have been, you can't blame the team for that. And the second goal in my opinion could have been disallowed because Turris was in the crease, and we have already seen a goal disallowed for goalie interference, so a little consistency would be nice. To blame the officiating entirely is mistaken, but to disregard it is also foolish.

If Pricer would have a pulled an Anderson mega flop when Turris made contact with his paddle I'm sure it would have been counted as 2 goals, I mean disallowed.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
@ian_mendes:
Eric Gryba: "We can smell blood. We can taste blood. And it's time to put them away."

:facepalm:

In all fairness it's a saying he's not saying they are going to out and pummel them lol. The best revenge is win in 7, we can do it the only question is will we

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal

Agreed maybe I went a little overboard in my original posts about the refs but I was infuriated.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
As it has been already pointed out thousands of times, +/- has more to do with who you're playing with and who you're playing against than training wheels. Don't tell me Ryder with a +1 needs less training wheels than a Plekanec.

You're missing the point. Even without taking +/- into account, Galchenyuk has shown nothing that would suggest he still needs "training wheels" more than his teammates. Will he need some adjustment? Of course he will. But a team-leading +14 differential and his global play getting better and better offensively as the season went by, plus actually being in the plus in the team's rough stretch to end the season, suggests he's ready to get more responsibilities.

skule123

Mar 24, 2008
Imagine if PK had laid out a dude in a pool of blood and given that Gryba quote after coming off his suspension.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
You're missing the point. Even without taking +/- into account, Galchenyuk has shown nothing that would suggest he still needs "training wheels" more than his teammates. Will he need some adjustment? Of course he will. But a team-leading +14 differential and his global play getting better and better offensively as the season went by, plus actually being in the plus in the team's rough stretch to end the season, suggests he's ready to get more responsibilities.

One thing that was noticeable about him in the playoffs at times he looked tentative to go to dirty areas. Perhaps it was because of all the injuries and players getting run, who knows. The team needs more than Prust protecting their star players though.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
I am not the least bit angry. Nor do I care if you are humble about the refs officiating. I am not avoiding seeing anything because "I don't want to sound like a whining baby." I am not hypocritical. Basically, I just see no point in blaming anyone other than the team itself (and some bad luck) for the loss. It is a hockey game - sometime the bounces go your teams way, other times they don't. As I said earlier, it is how the team reacts in the face of that adversity (which I do not believe is a conspiracy or happens to the Habs anymore than it happens to any other team) that really matters. Last nights game was blown, in my opinion, because Ottawa had the momentum in the third and the Habs did nothing more than to try to avoid the loss (as opposed to trying to win). That all culminated in the last thirty seconds of the game when every Hab on the ice panicked and ran around in circles without reason.

Again I'm not saying your not right, just saying that it was ALSO horribly officiated which in turn didn't help. There is no controversy against the us or any other team just last night game was badly reffed.. Do you not agree?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
If the game gets to a point where we know we won't come back, I hope the elbows will be flying high and that the knees will be low.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
If the game gets to a point where we know we won't come back, I hope the elbows will be flying high and that the knees will be low.

I really hope that doesn't happen. It were loosing for sure and you wanna fight or just lay some clean hard hits ok, but headshots lowblows and dirty elbows? No thanks leave that for some other dirty team

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm really not sure why Paul MacLean has to be so arrogant and condescending with all his comments. Show some respect and class for your opponents, this isn't the ****ing WWE.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I really hope that doesn't happen. It were loosing for sure and you wanna fight or just lay some clean hard hits ok, but headshots lowblows and dirty elbows? No thanks leave that for some other dirty team

The way they have treated us in that series, that their coach has been speaking about is and that Gryba is speaking now?

I have no sympathy for any of their player. They want blood? I hope they'll get some if the game is over before the end.

void

Jan 5, 2006
SunGarrioch: "
We're scared to death," says MacLean about Game 5. #Sens

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
SunGarrioch: "
We're scared to death," says MacLean about Game 5. #Sens

MacLean seems to be a good coach when the team is on the ice but when he's in front of the cameras he sounds like an arrogant fan. It's crazy how much of a **** he is.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
I think one of the things that pissed me off the most is the glued smile in Mclean's face.

So when Ottawa scored the 2nd and 3rd goal, he didn't react, he just kept his same damn smiling face.

He'd lose game 7 in OT and he'd keep that ****ing smile on his face, like he is always above the situation. "Don't worry guys we'll win game 8...oh wait"

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
The way they have treated us in that series, that their coach has been speaking about is and that Gryba is speaking now?

I have no sympathy for any of their player. They want blood? I hope they'll get some if the game is over before the end.

Lol I understand your passion don't worry :)

Not saying I wouldn't like to see someone crush gryba just can't see anyone doing it for the Habs without it becoming a gigantic controversy so if they end up facing the bruins them good riddance lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad