Rumor: Habs in on Patrick Kane

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
lmao...70% of the population of the city is bilingual and no, the vast majority are not east Indian.
This thread is failing the IQ test. Badly

That guy has no idea what he's talking about. It's almost as if he visited vancouver and assumed the rest of Canada has the same demographics.

Also, whenever I have visited montreal, I have yet to find someone that doesn't speak English...

• Love
Reactions: HuGo Sham

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
That guy has no idea what he's talking about. It's almost as if he visited vancouver and assumed the rest of Canada has the same demographics.

Also, whenever I have visited montreal, I have yet to find someone that doesn't speak English...

You can tell a lot of the comments about what Montreal is like from outsiders come from small-town Canadians who'd be overwhelmed by da bIg FrEnCh CiTy because they're little people at heart and in spirit.

Anyone who thinks that you absolutely need to speak French to live and work in Montreal is a dunce. And I'm talking about regular ol' corporate workers, let alone a pro athlete.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Makes perfect sense for Montreal. A 1 year stopgap RW for Demidov who can run their PP.

Now why Kane would have any interest is the real question.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Montreal would be utter fools to explore the possibility of acquiring Kane, and he would be a nincompoop to consider any offer they made.

The only way this makes even the slightest sliver of sense would be a sign-and-trade at the deadline, but the Habs have no salary retention spot this year, if I recall recorrectly.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Sorry, I'm getting them mixed up because of their availability. I meant to say Kane.

Same concept applies. Kane will have options that Monahan did not at the time the Habs signed him
Habs outlook changed also.

Habs pursuing Kane tells me Necas, Zegras, and others aren't coming here. Not this summer anyeay

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
Really?

Just last year, Kane signed a bargain contract to play for the perennial losers in Detroit, where he bombed.

But yeah, he only plays for contenders...

I think some people in this thread still think this is 2014.
Once again he signed with Detroit because his former linemate Debrincat was there and no american wants to sign in Canada on a non contending team many better options.....so yeah really.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
The only way this makes even the slightest sliver of sense would be a sign-and-trade at the deadline, but the Habs have no salary retention spot this year, if I recall recorrectly.

*sigh* They have 1 spot left this season. The other 2 spots are taken by Petry and Allen for 1 season each. Why am I not surprised you wouldn't know this Sanis? You always expect the worse from and decry the Habs wherever you post.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Why would Kane go to Montreal? It would be something to put on a Habs jersey (speaking as a leafs fan) but he has so many more options.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Seems an unlikely fit... I guess if he and Dach remained close and he likes the fit on a 2yr deal, I could see the Habs viewing him as a nice boost to the offense that addresses the short term need and bridge until the young core is ready to shine.

Wonder what he's looking for after being healthy & effective when he came back last year?

2@5m per?
More $?
More term?

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Patrick Kane is NOT playing under the Montreal media asking him questions every night.

half the rumors we see in here, is pure speculation.

It’s much more likely Kane re-signs in Detroit before Monday, as we started hearing earlier today.

Reactions: MagicMann13

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We need Kane to sign a retirement contract and fitted for a walker.

Makes perfect sense to BargsinBin, now deceased and gone from the power halls of Habsland.

Move along...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad