Rumor: Habs in on Patrick Kane

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I doubt he'd have any actual interest. If he did, proximity to Buffalo would be the reason why.

At his age he wants to win playoff games and hopefully another cup, that aint happening in Montreal anytime soon.

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
I can see a one year deal with full nmc and a promise to be traded before tdl like Monahan.
Only works if a contender cant fit his salary , also allow him to pick his team

Reactions: jrom

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
Kane = buying jersey
Kane = buying tickets
Kane = waiting kids in 2 years before the young core maturity
Kane = scoring goal in overtime and shootout

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
So, he made them worse, and lost with him...............I can't imagine anyone offering him a contract?
Curious if his camp will sit again for half a season, and then choose a team?

Weird all the way around, but no way he comes to Canada......thinking the Sabres.
Eh, I don't think they were worse with him. Kane was ~PPG and scored 7 GWG's.

They missed the playoffs because their record without Larkin was abysmal.

Reactions: BLONG7

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Exiting a rebuild doesn't mean contending for the cup.

They could improve by 15 points and still miss the playoffs, but they'd be coming out of the rebuild.
well they've been tanking for a bit now, they have a lot of good prospects, doesn't seem like a bad time to start building towards something. I know everyone wants to be the Ducks and draft top 5 for a decade straight but you gotta try and improve eventually.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
No chance Kane signs with a non contending team....best chance Montreal has is Perron for 1 year.
He went to Detroit who had no chance to contend. No telling what he might do.

Im not saying otherwise but i easily expect a top 10 pick and then next year , habs might target a Kane type of player
If they don't add any vets and Dach goes down again they will likely be bottom 10.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
He went to Detroit who had no chance to contend. No telling what he might do.

If they don't add any vets and Dach goes down again they will likely be bottom 10.
Imagine a Suzuki injury. Suzuki has never missed a single nhl game even during covid.. im a knock on wood but we are 1 injury away from a bottom 5. I don't see why Kane would want to come unless we dump 12m on him and still , he probably wants another cup because he's gonna get paid either way in a playoff bound team

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I’d say 75% of people in Montreal can’t speak French. It’s in Quebec yes but it’s very diverse there. I’d say majority of the population in East Asian or immigrant from India.
lmao...70% of the population of the city is bilingual and no, the vast majority are not east Indian.
Some of this thread is failing the IQ test. Badly

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The difference is Detroit is located in the USA and his former linemate Debrincat was in Detroit.

Also, Detroit has actually been trying to win. They didn't make the playoffs but their mindset is not about rebuilding. Montreal is not in that mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad